It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zahi Hawass to be Removed from Office and to Face Prison Sentence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Zahi Hawass to face prison term.

SC
edit on 17/4/2011 by Scott Creighton because: Fix link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread ?... Look Here First.
edit on Sun Apr 17 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I would love to read this mate, but I can't get the link to work.

Just googled it tho. Best place for him.
edit on 17-4-2011 by Hephaestus because: Add to post

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

No Joy

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scott Creighton
Zahi Hawass to face prison term.

SC
edit on 17/4/2011 by Scott Creighton because: Fix link.

Link broken, and a google search just brings you back to this thread - or 2 blogs, one saying he is removed from office and the other saying he has been re-instated.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I Looked at the blog that you linked to and it claims:

Minister of State for Antiquities Affairs Zahi Hawass has been sentenced to one year in jail on Sunday for refusing to fulfill a court ruling over a land dispute.

I also checked out the English link english.ahram.org.eg...

I then on Huffington post seen this comment by planetchic here's the link for that: www.huffingtonpost.com...

planetchic 11:28 AM on 3/19/2011

Interestin­g but naive article about Zahi Hawass being the Best Choice for Egyptian Prime Minister in this transition­al time. The writer must not have known that Zahi Hawass is accused and will most likely be charged with corruption involving his misuse of power regarding a new gift shop in the Egyptian Museum. He stands to spend a year in prison if found guilty. While it is very true that Hawass did a world of good for Egypt with his dedication to restoring the priceless antiquitie­s of Egypt and therefore promoting tourism to the country, he also misused his powerful position to promote a situation to his own best interest. That is not "fair" and he does not handle everything with "aplomb". I am sad that it has turned out this way for Egypt, but when one believes they are above the law they may have to pay a big price for it. For more informatio­n on the allegation­s go to www.talkin­gpyramids.­com/zahi hawass to get the full details.

I don't trust Zahi Hawass and never have, I'm sure his crimes are stacked up as high as the Great Pyramid of Giza. He has tightly controlled what the public gets to see and hear for some unknown reason but probably money or some other higher up NWO agenda .

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Ahh so Hawass got a year in jail and has to give up his post. As much as I dislike the guy I can't help but think he was a victim of political payback. So the mighty have fallen

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

Looks like it's payback time, I think he is corrupt and it seems it catches up with you sometimes.

There has always been much controversy around Zahi and he isn't very will liked by Archaeologists around the world who are only trying to get at the truth.

I appreciate all the work you have done Scott along with Robert Dauval and Graham Hancock. Who knows maybe someone will take over who wants the truth to be known. Makes you wonder what they are hiding.

edit on 17-4-2011 by Aquarius1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hawass sentenced to one year in prison, stripped of ministry
Sunday April 17, 2011

Hawass sentenced to one year in prison, stripped of ministry Minister of State for Antiquities Zahi Hawass has been sentenced to one year of hard labor and a LE1000 fine for failing to fulfill a court ruling over a land dispute. He has also been relieved of his duties as minister.

The sentence was issued by Councilor Abdel Hakim Abdel Hafiz of the Giza Criminal Court.

www.almasryalyoum.com...

This is disturbing, why would they sentence a man his age to a year of hard labor, this could very well kill him, not sure of his age but he looks to be in his sixties.

Hope that this information is not correct. It seems to me that they are not telling us the whole story.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

Hawass sentenced to one year in prison, stripped of ministry
Sunday April 17, 2011

Hawass sentenced to one year in prison, stripped of ministry Minister of State for Antiquities Zahi Hawass has been sentenced to one year of hard labor and a LE1000 fine for failing to fulfill a court ruling over a land dispute. He has also been relieved of his duties as minister.

The sentence was issued by Councilor Abdel Hakim Abdel Hafiz of the Giza Criminal Court.

www.almasryalyoum.com...

This is disturbing, why would they sentence a man his age to a year of hard labor, this could very well kill him, not sure of his age but he looks to be in his sixties.

Hope that this information is not correct. It seems to me that they are not telling us the whole story.

The link above has an additional story:

Former Minister Hawass denies having covered up antiquities theft

What I found most interesting in this article is this:

and signing an agreement with an American association that threatened the national security of Egypt by allowing the association to conduct studies on certain ancient Egyptian kings.

What "study" of the Egyptian Kings could threaten Egypt's national security?

Source

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Here's Hawass's Response:

Explanation of the Court Trial Against Me

I have to tell the world right now, there is a story going around that I am going to be in jail, which is a complete misunderstanding.

Last year, we were taking bids from different companies to run a book store inside the Egyptian Museum. There is a person, who was renting a bookstore inside the Museum. He wanted to stop the bidding process, because he thought he should keep his contract. This person filed a case with the Misdemeanor Court in Agouza, Cairo, in order to stop the bidding process. This case was filed against the Secretary General of the Supreme Council of Antiquities (SCA), not against me personally, but against the role I was holding at that time.

However, before the case came to trial, the bidding process ended at the end of May 2010, and the Supreme Council of Antiquities (now the Ministry of State for Antiquities) chose a company, the Egyptian Sound and Light Company, to run the bookstore. Shortly after this decision was made, the court trial happened, at the beginning of June, so the SCA representatives did not have time to present evidence that the bidding had finished. Therefore, the court made a ruling that the bidding should stop. However, it was too late to do anything.

He still wanted to get his way, so this person continued to bring action against me in the court. In November 2010, the court made a ruling, that I was innocent, because as the Secretary General of the SCA, I was not in charge of legal affairs at the SCA, this was under the control of the Ministry of Culture at that time. But this was not enough for this person, he brought the case to the court again, claiming he had evidence that I was in fact in charge of legal affairs, and this time, the SCA did not have a legal representative present at the court. The court made the current ruling that I, as head of the SCA, was sentenced to a year in jail. This is how the court in Egypt works, and this is not an uncommon thing that the head of an organization gets sentenced like this. When a ruling like this is made, the defendant (in this case myself as Secretary General of the SCA at that time) has a certain amount of time to appeal the decision of the court.

Tomorrow, the head of the Legal Affairs Department at the Ministry of Antiquities will go to the court to file our appeal. He will present evidence that the bid for the bookstore contract was finished before the original court ruling, so therefore we could not follow the ruling to stop the bidding. We already had completed the bidding! I have every confidence that this matter will be cleared up very soon, so I want to tell everyone not to worry. I respect the laws of my country very highly, and the rulings of our courts. I intend to handle this matter entirely within our legal system. Nothing will cause me to lose focus from my goal of protecting the sites of Egypt.

Link to story:

Hawass

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Thanks for this information Julie, as you know there are always two sides to a story, whether you like Zahi or not it is not my wish that he go to jail.

The rumors and innuendos will keep flying for sometime to come I would think.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The spin begins, here is a video put up by Joseph Farrell a short time ago, his take is interesting but then again this is a conspiracy site where better to post this.

He says that the U.S. has an interest in this area, ah well maybe so.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Why do you even post if u can't give your opinion and a snipet from the source?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

If you are talking to me, I get video links in my mail box by subscribing to Joseph P Farrells youtube account. If you want to know more about him he has a web site. He didn't write anything about Zahi just the video.

gizadeathstar.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

I was talking to the OP. He always posts links and doesn't contribute and someone like him shouldld know better.anyone can post a link with no info.

Oh well.

Thanks for the link though I will check it out

edit on 4/18/2011 by mblahnikluver because: cause i can

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I think he did a lot of good for Egyptian antiquities with his dedication but I thought he was a pig also.

Anyone see that history channel series called "Chasing mummies" ?

While exploring the great pyramid for 7 hours, some girl couldn't hold her wee anymore and did it in her pants, then Hawass just lets rip saying "WHAT DID YOU DOOOO?"

Haha funny, but a pig.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Fascinating.

I'd bet a million pounds that the "certain Egyptian kings" are from the Second Intermediate Period or New Kingdom.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
My friend, Scott

Great stuff, he should be held responsable for withholding information regarding the real truth of Egypt.

Perhaps one year is not enough, and alothough that sounds harsh, perhaps the placement needs to be filled by someone who gives a dam about OUR history

Be safe be well

Spiro

new topics

top topics

join