It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teleprompter Or Hand Notes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Which is more professional.. Someone using a teleprompter like MANY presidents and politicians have done

Or

Someone in their 40s writing notes on their hand like a cheating 3rd grader?

Pick one.
edit on 17-4-2011 by TheLogicalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2011 by TheLogicalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Is there a point to this thread? You would wonder if it might be acceptable to have an elected politician speak his/her mind when talking with the electorate instead of reading what someone else prepared.

I suppose I would say the hand is better since it might indicate the politician involved actually wrote it rather than had it downloaded from whomever is actually running the country.
edit on 4/17/2011 by ararisq because: Fixed typo.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
If though the question is which style leads one to become a more professional actor/actress then clearly the teleprompter.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLogicalist

seriously this is your post? Why ask a silly question so you can start bashing some woman or some tea party bashing..way to be smooth

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Or

The super-secret electronic thingamajig so you can be spoon-fed answers from off-stage?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc15fe23ca91.jpg[/atsimg]

Personally my choice is "write your answers on your hand like a cheating 3rd grader", but only after you complain about someone else using a teleprompter during a speech.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I prefer someone to use a teleprompter as has been done for many years now by people giving speeches.

Hand notes can be so revealing!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
When I give a long talk to my classes I always make notes for myself. These are generally handwritten, but I might use a teleprompter if I had one available. There is no way I, or anybody I know, can remember off the top of our heads everything we want to say for an hour.

ALL presidents use a teleprompter or written notes for just that reason, and ALL presidents use feedback and suggestions on what and how to say what they want to say. They consult others before they make their speeches. That's called thinking before you speak.

It is just ridiculous how far people will go to find fault with President Obama for doing every little thing that presidents always do and always have done.

Jeez. You'd think President Bush never made trips, never took time off, never consulted others, or never thought before he spoke. Well, maybe there's good evidence that he didn't do the last thing.
edit on 17-4-2011 by Sestias because: polishing

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
So this whole thread is a not so cleaver way to bash Palin... Haven't the Liberals got what they wanted yet?
I think at this point most people would take Palin over Obama any day. Obama couldn't suck anymore at this point...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
ALL presidents use a teleprompter or written notes for just that reason, and ALL presidents use feedback and suggestions on what and how to say what they want to say. They consult others before they make their speeches. That's called thinking before you speak.

There is a good cartoon in this statement. George Washington standing in front of a teleprompter - or any of the first 27 presidents for that matter.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Teleprompter...last I checked, we were in the 21st century... If it's an option, use it.

For those who've never given a proper, long speech, I'd suggest trying it before you knock it. Not so easy. Heck, most of my toastmaster speeches were around 10-15 min, and even that isn't easy. Imagine doing so for an hour?

top topics

join