It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

using nature to improve the earth, post your ideas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
if you look at the earth from space you notice large deserts exist, if you examine the air stream changes over the coarse of a year. it is noticible that the air streams are devoid of rain due to mountains higher than water vapor can reach without condensating. on the surface - we could create Jobs by moving mountains.
which will over time transform the deserts into Lush savannahs like they were a few million years ago.
there are latitudes that are also devoid of life giving water (example San Diego) in these regions. I would use solar, wave and wind to move seawater to a couple of thousand feet and let it evaporate coming back to earth when the conditions are right and rain is desired. the air is very low humidity - h20 evaporation hydrates and silver ion seeds directs the rainfall.
we have had the technology to accomplish this all we need is the desire.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
What if a neatly manicured, fertilized and watered lawn was not the status symbol it is and instead we prized the native species that could grow with little or no care and improve the health of our local ecosystems at the same time.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

This is what I call the Jones Effect. how do you know your wealthy? answer: you can afford doo dads like lawns. in this context wealth was mis-identified as money, money is not a natural system - but one of exchange and greed. we as a species are so greedy to have something money can buy that we will accept a IOU for wealth.
now how greedy is that - I have a IOU for Money to spend on crap to destroy the world with.

AMEN BROTHER

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ISRAELdid911

Would there be more peace and happiness in the world if our roles were to nurture and not to dominate? I certainly think so. Nature has attempted to show us that a permanent polyculture is amazingly capable of providing an almost forgotten abundance. It is only shortsighted greed, unfounded fear and a sea of empty wants that prevents us all from achieving a happy and fruitful balance.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
We don't need to use nature to improve the earth, nature would do a fine job all by itself, if we let it.

The real problem is that we humans need to quit trying to "improve" things: we're just too good at screwing things up.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I give you: "6 ways mushrooms can save the world" www.youtube.com...

top topics

join