It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon 16th April 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Moon 16th April 2011 22:30hrs , Equipment MTO11CA Russentonne (small Telescope)
See in the first 6 seconds how the Moon turns on his axis (Movies together from 14, 15 and the last one 16th of April)
Have Fun

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

The moon is very big this night, very bright and full - I can see why it was held with reverence in the days of old.

I'm pretty sure the moon is a she, no?

Hopefully she holds together....Looking a bit wobbly

GM

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
you should get your mount autoguided or motor driven - it would be easier to video stack avi's.
nice shots - didn't see anything untoward over the last few nights myself - I've also been imaging the moon.

edit - How you attach the imager to the camera can give you different perspectives as well.
edit on 17-4-2011 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
What if it's not that moon that's tilting. What if it's us? That would still cause a relative shift in the tilt of the moon from our perspective.

I'm not sure how to calculate these things but here are some resources for those so inclined.
www.divulgence.net...

Maybe I'm totally missing the point, but for the moon to shift in a clockwise direction, wouldn't the Earth have to shift in a counterclockwise direction?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

It all depends on what ancient culture you are talking about. For the Egyptians, the Sumerians, the Hittites, the Japanese and the Akkadians, the moon was male. For China, Greece and Rome, the moon was female.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

Kewl! At :38 seconds there's a mosquito flying at a whizzing pace across the surface!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

what mag lense did you use? 20x etc?

Good viewing though!

What type of cam did you use to capture the footage over usb? I have a Celestron 70x refractor. Although it's not the greatest telescope, it does give some awesome viewing of the Moon and some planets. When Venus came close in the latter part of last year and start of this year, it made some for good viewing. Even watching Jupiter, the moons are visible on good nights with a 4x lense.

Iv'e been trying to find a good cam to capture the Moon on, any advice would help

edit on 17-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
reply to post by Bosb33r

The moon is very big this night, very bright and full - I can see why it was held with reverence in the days of old.

I'm pretty sure the moon is a she, no?

Hopefully she holds together....Looking a bit wobbly

GM

Indeed.!

the moon was also came to perigee this morning. it was amazing last night.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This is a view from Switzerland @ March 14, 2011.

Camera: Panasonic TM60
Zoom 25x analog and 25x + 10x digital in the middle part.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BioStatistic

What if it's not that moon that's tilting. What if it's us?
You're correct. The apparent tilting of the Moon's axis is due to the Earth's shape and the fact that we are spinning. From our point of view on Earth the Moon appears to rotate its axis as it moves across the sky causing many to speculate wildy as to the cause of this effect. This is simply a normal product of a 3 dimensional perspective.

new topics

top topics

join