It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Bank president: 'One shock away from crisis'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The president of the World Bank has warned that the world is "one shock away from a full-blown crisis".

Robert Zoellick cited rising food prices as the main threat to poor nations who risk "losing a generation".

He was speaking in Washington at the end of the spring meetings of the World Bank and International Monetary Fund.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I guess it would be safe to say
there will a crisis
one way or another...
if not by noon
start one.

That would sure benefit those that are aware
and can afford to be prepared...

I would guess somehow it will happen at a moment of maximum efficiency
so that only a little push will do it.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by digby888
The president of the World Bank has warned that the world is "one shock away from a full-blown crisis".

Well, let's just get those electrodes into position then, shall we?

Looking forward to the shower of sparks...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It would be chaotic if all the world governments collapsed , and if you think about it , gold , silver and other precious metals would be useless . Food, water, guns and ammo would be the most valuable items on the planet. People would be killing each other over food , cops and the military couldn't stop the riots , untold millions would die , epically in America. No more welfare , food stamps , medicaid or medicare ,no more disability or social security , every Vietnam and desert-storm vet would go on a politician hunting party, it would be shear madness

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by digby888

He underscores the youth of today as a matter of fact they will fully surprise the ruling elite when all hope is lost and in all reality I would bank on the side of the current days youth over the old stuffed chairs who think they have it all figured out, they are the ones who will not find business as usual when the real future begins globally.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Look at all the previous experiences with hyper inflation. That is what we are looking at here. Not some post apocalyptic mad max scenario.

Govenments will not dissapear short of beibng wiped out my meteorites, and or fully armed revolution / civil war in which case you will still end up with new "leaders" even if you win. and a really crappy economy,

If you have stored food / watrer and supplies, which is always a good idea. You have made a good hedge on sky rocketing food prices.

What happens when it carries on for some years. and you need to buy something that now costs around $8.5 million that was originally around $100. (this is an exaggeration but you get the point) this is where gold and silver
Or you want to supplement your food from the emergency rations. This is where gold and silver help

In all cases, holders of gold silver and land, have weathered the storm with the pre inflation "wealth" intact and carried forward for when things get better. People with food stores survived. Unprepared people died.

IN this case everyone advocating anything like this is correct, but do not ignore the G and S just because you can't east it. Our "economy" will not just go away. so you cannot say it will be worthless. It's been good and valuabvle for 000's of years. and I am confident it will continue to be so.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Aw, crap. Is this one TPTB agent telling the others that S is about to HTF? Regardless, public officials don't just come out and say this kind of stuff. Either he's trying to scare somebody into action (a la: the threats the senate and congress received about martial law if the bailout wasn't passed), or he really thinks we're screwed here.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
His closing statement is also worth quoting, if not for those who don't read the full article.

IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn raised particular concerns about high levels of unemployment among young people. "It's probably too much to say that it's a jobless recovery, but it's certainly a recovery with not enough jobs," he said. "Especially because of youth unemployment... there is now a risk that this will be turned into a life sentence, and that there is a possibility of a lost generation," he said.

This is certainly a BIG global problem, the lack of jobs for the young. The devil makes work for idle hands they say. Certainly a dangerous situation for governments.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by deessell

As everyone knows what happens when you have a large population or young fit healthy men (and women now of course), with no work and nothing to turn their hands too????

Errrrrrr. Ahhh yes, WAR LEADING TO CONSCRIPTION!!!!!!

We can see the signs, all we have to do is refuse. and they can do nothing. only lock us away, declare martial law, and open the camps.

Who has the cajones to see this through???

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

"Govenments will not dissapear short of beibng wiped out my meteorites, and or fully armed revolution / civil war in which case you will still end up with new "leaders" even if you win."

a great case for anarchy, my friend. the only way to be truly free from oppression is to remove not only the oppressors, but the vehicle through which new oppressors rise to power; centralized, federal governments.

Anarchy always gets treated like some fifth grader who doesn't know any better. The sheeple snicker and tell you how you MUST have government or the bad guys will be able to do whatever they want.... wait a minute... then it's too late, a whole new generation of evil, greedy men have subverted what you thought was an infallible system and exerted their control!

There will never be a perfect system of government. It will always be good for a while, until the bad guys figure out how to game the system, then tyranny slowly seeps in. We fool ourselves into thinking that we can't live without government, and maybe we can't, but a gigantic, bloated, overpowered central government will do more harm than good every time. If you think I'm wrong, just look at history. Government rises, government stagnates, government falls. wash. rinse. repeat ad infinitum.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888

" No more welfare , food stamps , medicaid or medicare ,no more disability or social security ,"

Says the Libertarian with **giddy** **glee**

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

Absolutely, but if you read my post again, you will see that I agree with what you say.

In any event, the sheeple we always call for the shepherd.

What this is about is

A, Survival and being able to have access to food / energy etc.
B, Asset protection.

TPTB have their wealth stored in metals / land / and other commodities. These are the guys making the rules. Sure they are self orientated, so is it not wise to copy their actions, as much as we can, in order to protect what we have for ourselves. Yes this can be a time for idealism. however for those that do not choose such a path. Protecting what you have in this form makes every sense. Why hold and use the paper that they issue, and will not hold themselves, yet trade like baseball cards. while the hold on to the metals. They know where the wealth is.

For the first time, when the dust settles, this will make the difference. and come out with people on top and in a good financial position, not just those in the old boys club. and this will annoy TPTB more than anything!!

History in the making fella. I just don't believe that some people still think that everything is OK and getting better. We're 3 years into this rubbish, and it's still getting worse!!. They say the recession is over. Ahh yes the recession ending a while ago, in favor or a volumless trading system, and artificial subsistence of the cash market.

The the cash velocity starts increasing. which we are starting to see. it's time to hunker down, and hope you made sufficient preparation.

All you have to do is ignore your normalcy bias!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
i think they are just getting us ready

so we are not to shocked when it happens

the more i watch the BBC the more i can see

that they are a big voice TPTB for conditioning us

here in the UK and any where else there evil arm reaches

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
My thoughts on this have been quite crystalised for a long time that prior to any next crash we'll hit another major conflict.. perhaps even a global one.. the economic warfare appears to me to be turning to a military one.. and the landscape we see is IMHO simlar to the ones leading up to the major conflicts of the past.. I foresee sad times ahead but I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

right, I figured we'd be on the same page there. I know a closet anarchist when I see one!

yeah, I kind went off into a rant there, not really aimed at you.

you're absolutely right about the time to hunker down being upon us! Get away from the coasts and come up by the Great Lakes! world's largest source of fresh water, do we really think TPTB (or someone else who's thirsty) won't be coming for it after SHTF? We should make Chicago our new capitol and huddle together in the middle of our landmass until this stuff blows over.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Sounds like a dream of the New World Order freaks. They are doing their best to create the "shock" they are predicting. In the aftermath, they will demand global economic control and a global currency.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888

Yes, I agree if all the World Corporations collapsed it would be chaotic.
But, on a one to one basis, if you had more than you yourself needed and couldn't carry or defend, would you
A) Hold on to it and hope for the best, B) Give it away to strangers C) Take Gold and Silver in trade.
The simple fact is that you get what the rich elite get, Gold, Guns, and Food. Of course you would want God to but I was talking about getting the things the rich elite want.

new topics

top topics

join