It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise in the Mark of the Beast in Usernames.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The usage of a number to represent one's religious belief is silly. There is no true "evil number" and many satanists do not use 666 to define themselves. Also, the idea of 666 as a satanic number is up for debate in differing Satanic communities. I personally use the sulfur symbol and the sigil of Lucifer to proclaim my personal belief rather than a pentagram, number, or inverted cross. It's much more subtle that way.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

The anti-christ is built into christianity for only one purpose.

When the time comes for humanity to move away from the atrocity that is religion, the church can instantly label any such leaders as "the anti-christ" and unite their last few followers. The church will say, "See we mentioned he was coming" because that is how they planned against the ending of their religion.

So, when christianity starts to fail they will use the term "anti-christ" to try to prove their prophecy is coming true, but in reality anti-christ is just a mechanism for protection against the fall of the church meant to unite the followers against new ideas so they can cling to their old ideology.

Think about it.
anti-christ
anti - a person who is opposed to a particular practice, party, policy, action, etc

anti-chirst = a person that is opposed to the practice of worshipping christ (so anti-christ is anyone who isn't a bible beater)

Anyone that tries to lead a revolution of logical thought against religion and christianity will be anti-christ, not satan because satan like god does not exist outside of the bible. The anti-christ is just there to label and scare anyone thinking of leading the revolution.

BTW, 666 is just a regular number to us normal people, just like 777 and 566. But please do tell me why it is you believe the so called, “Mark of the Beast” to be 666?

It also seems like you’re the only one that is seeing it in usernames as you have provided no evidence, maybe your subconscious is trying to tell you something...

edit on 17-4-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I used to tell people that I had 555 tattooed on my head.

It's not that I was evil, just an underachiever.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia

This is soo my new name!!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

This is just societal rebellion against conformity and fear. It takes a great leap of faith to break from the traditional bondage of religious upbringing. For some it is the ultimate jump from that bondage as if the point of no return. Like a rebellious teen, who finds new ways to piss off the parent, this is nothing different really although sometimes it can lead the weaker minds into the darkend occult which no amount of rebellion is ready or mature enough to handle at that level.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
WOW... Some people really believe anything! 666 is a series of the same NUMBER. It has no significance whatsoever... you know why? Let me explain:

Its supposed meaning comes from a book. Not just any book, but one of the 3 most misinterpreted fiction books in the world: the bible. It is a book that was written after many years of multi generational broken telephone story telling, a book that was written and re-written by popes in the early centuries to fit their needs, a book that if were tested in a court of law it would be considered a series of here say statements.

So with that being said, how can we actually believe that 666 has a significance to the devil or evil. Knowing that the bible was rewritten and changed so many times, can we guess that really 666 was mary magdelaine's number but because she was jesus' wife and the mother of his children the church changed it to the devil's number?

You can't answer that, and neither can I because we didn't change the bible back when it was done...

So, technically, 666 may actually be the mark of jesus' bloodline! 666 could mean ANYTHING...

Think about it!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
How about seeing the number manifest on people, like seeing glimpses of it almost a spiritual mark, can I prove it can anyone that I doubt you just have to look closely? What if I have seen glimpses of it on people, seen a few in the past on TV and I saw that number on people?

My username is The Time Lord, idea came from Dr.Who.

So what could this mean that all our usernames have some type of satanic connection?

Some people are meant to have seals and should not be confused with the Mark, some is the Holy Spirit at work again not the beast.

Could the devil and his allies be acting as disinformation agents on the internet?

Look at Youtube it is filled with these names in case people spend too much time here.

I am not the only one to have made this connection a conversation;
answers.yahoo.com...

edit on 17-4-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

It wouldn't surprise me at all.
Everyone on the internet has a little Satan in them. They just have to let him out!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Really? I mean.... REALLY?!

You think Satan is running some big nefarious campaign to turn everyone to the dark side?

Please. Satanism represents illumination of out-dated ideals, religious myths, and herd mentality. I hope you don't think we all sit around praying to the dark lord and posting crap in the interwebz to convert people.... Why, that almost sounds like Christianity. :O

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Is 666 the actual number, or a manipulation of numbers?

What about 664 or 668? Is there anything about being the neighbour of the beast?

Is 665 or 667 evil-ish?

So many questions.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

It says either people no longer take the implications associated with that number across the world and people just don’t take it seriously or they are trying to say something.
No...it says one of two things:

1) I'm a wanna-be satanist who thinks one number makes me a bad-ass.
2) Lots of bad-ass guys use this number on stuff, I'm gunna look cool using it.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I agree with what 211220121111 and antar had to say, there's different interpretations on what the actual number 666 means, the bible says "for it is the number of a man, and his number is six hundred, three score and six" which could mean 666 or 616 or another number depedning on how one interprets this, different bible scholars have debated this for years.....

As far as all the anti Jesus sentiments i say *sigh* it's what the patriot community has become.....

edit on 17-4-2011 by King Seesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

in your heart you already know why.

they are doomed. they've already accepted the mark and they are doomed.

they have become desensitized and willingly participate.

yes, many will disagree, but their words are meaningless against the truth.

this is far worse than russian roulette my friend..there was only one bullet and a single chamber.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 211220121111

2) Lots of bad-ass guys use this number on stuff, I'm gunna look cool using it.

I agree with you in the context that 666 in this case is being used for the reasons you posted, but honestly, I read this quote and then looked at your user name and got the first good laugh I've had in a long time.

Thanks
peace

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I remember my dad being given a new phone number years ago with 666 in it and we laughed and had a little fun with it. Plus I always joke around when I get close to making 666 posts in a forum.

Just a bit of fun really, I don't take stock in numbers or connotations connecting them to anything. No big deal really.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
ok...it is me...or is satan like, EVERYWHERE. satan-this, satan- that. He's on the internet, he's in the oval office, he lead WWII, he's everywhere you look.

but for some reason, the only place anyone can find Jesus is in jail.

According to some people, seeing repeating numbers is a prompt from your higher self advising you to pay attention. so whether you're seeing 666 or any other repeating number, it's not so much the number itself, but more of an attention getter. And then some will say the number itself also clues you in to what you are supposed to be aware of. Not fact by any means, just something I read.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
For a start the number is a code to some future financial system, a bit like a barcode or pin number that links all money to its centre.

Future Babylon is meant to be that centre, it represents trade, Babylon is also Iraq in the Middle East, the Bible says the garden of Eden was between the River Euphraties and Tigre in Genesis. Some say it is many cities of world trade.

So what ever it is could still be far future when all the world currency becomes one.

At this point it means 10 earthly regions will unite to fom one currency.

Isa card for example Note interesting the guys name is 'Mark' also note Isa is the name of the Islamic version of Jesus.

ISAs (Individual Savings Accounts)

The issue of the crucifixion and death of Jesus (Isa) is important to Muslims as they believe that Jesus will return before the end of time. Muslims believe Jesus was not crucified, but was raised bodily to heaven by God.
en.wikipedia.org...'_death
Text

The ISA bus was developed by a team led by Mark Dean at IBM as part of the IBM PC project in 1981. It originated as an 8-bit system and was extended in 1983 for the XT system architecture.
Text

en.wikipedia.org...

Money traded via computers like Banks and other world trade.

Some say that computers and technology will be used against us, man will become lawless, he will not seek God, crime will rise and technology will keep an eye on us while our behaviour and spending habbits are being traced, then all this will go into some super computer so Satan keeps tabs on our lives and when we go wrong it will become easy for us to be found by him.
edit on 18-4-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

OR it's a reference to Nero Caesar. At least that's what the consensus of Biblical scholars is.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Welfhard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The time lord: " For a start the number is a code to some future financial system "

you shouldn't state such things as fact. this is a mere opinion.
edit on 19-4-2011 by steven704 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by steven704
The time lord: " For a start the number is a code to some future financial system "

you shouldn't state such things as fact. this is a mere opinion.
edit on 19-4-2011 by steven704 because: (no reason given)

You are right we could be way off but many have come to that conclution to the way it is written, eveyone great and small rich and poor will be forced to have it or die.

Revelation 13 (King James Version)

14And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six

Text

It also mentions an image of the beast that talks and that sounds very technical for 2011 years ago, today we can call them Robots, maybe technology will come alive and have its own intelligence, man is experimenting with biotechnology all the time it is the next big step.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join