It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Simple Question to Christians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by opnureyes

Originally posted by boondock-saint
lol
it seems we have one or more of these threads daily
around ATS. This is nothing more than blasphemy
of God. Just another niche trying to siphon Christians
of their faith. Not me, I ain't biting.

I believe the thread, if im not mistaking, it called called 'a simple question to christians'. Seems fair enough right?
Indeed there are people on this forum that have strong feelings against popular religion, but I believe a lot are of good nature as well. Christianity, being as huge as its gotten up to today, should be researched and questioned, and debated.
We are all adults here, well most of us.
Talking up christianity is like saying donky kong is the best video game ever..
Your turn

1. Donkey Kong is the best video game ever!

2. I agree, it's a fair post. If your faith can be shaken by opposing discussion than how strong is it to begin with?

Yes, Christianity is huge and more information can be pulled on it's history as well as through comparison of other religious texts and figures. There will always be things that can't be answered though. Not to everyone's satisfaction at least. Same with science, actually the same with any subject or area that I've encountered and questioned the subject matter expert on. Humans can't even fully understand their own creations enough to answer every question that can arise. So how can a Christian ever fully answer a non-Christian? I questioned people about religion for awhile, but received no answers that satisfied me. I then asked Whom I though never existed and BAM! Had an epiphany, not that quickly, but maybe you get the point. My eyes were opened to something greater and I "felt" a presence of something greater.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
You blame God for what is wrong in your life.

Lol, I really doubt (s)he blames god for anything. I don't blame santa for not getting an extra present on christmas or the tooth fairy for not giving me a dollar when I loose a tooth.

Can you guess why?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

If you were able to speak for the op you would be the op.
as well, your insinuation regarding the nature of god is easily
Ignored due to the childish references you use in an attempt
T oDiscredit God's existence.

it seems you should learn from my post as well.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ncoic

there is only one True God to all people.

so if you are human, you can learn to grow as a human.
It matters not what religion you claim.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

I'm not trying to discredit your god! I'm pointing out that from the perspective of a non-believer, there is no god of whom to blame for the negatives in one's life.

If I don't believe in santa, I don't blame him for not getting me that extra present.

I'm not likening god to santa and the tooth fairy, rather I'm likening the disbelief in these things to the disbelief in god.

Do you, for instance, resent Anubis for being the one to weigh your heart against the feather of truth when you get to the underworld?

Atheists often get asked by Christians, "Why do you hate god?!" To which the answer is always, "We don't hate things we don't believe in."
You need to be able to see things from other peoples' perspectives.
edit on 17-4-2011 by Welfhard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

to not acknowledge that the world existed before you is utter ignorance.
To not acknowledge the origin is a huge lack of imagination and deduction.
To use these to your personal benefit to hush the conscience whose muffled whispers
AttemptTo convict you of your secret wrong doings... That is evil.

Therefore, simply not acknowledging God is evil.
N omatter how much work you do.
And all the growth you could have is exponentially less than if you were honest.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
reply to post by ncoic

there is only one True God to all people.

so if you are human, you can learn to grow as a human.
It matters not what religion you claim.

I don't understand, what are you doing..... are you agreeing with me or trying to correct me? Yes, I'm human and will always grow. Until my body starts shrinking when I'm 60 and my memory and knowledge start to fade, but for the time being.....

Obviously I claim that I'm a Christian because I answered the OP "simple question to Christians" or tried to anyway. But "it matters not what religion you claim" right.....?

So what's your take?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Origin of what?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by opnureyes

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by rhinoceros

Because God is on my side. This is like asking why you are on your mothers side or your fathers side. Because this is where you came from and you know it. Some people just don't know it and others simply don't care. God or not - they respect no one. I like to sit back and watch those people crumble and fall under the weight of their own "knowledge." The higher they rise the harder they fall and then we see their stories on a television show called GREED.

For the sake of debate
Personally I'm on my parents side because I know they are real. I see them everyday. I don't blindly believe in something I haven't saw with my own eyes, or go with something that was conjured up thousands of years ago because of a group of people. (more than likely the illuminati)
There are always voices in my head just like any other person. It's how you choose to take them and thats everyones choice.
I'm a realist and a good person with morales, just not a religous believer in Jesus Christ or the image they have of him or high and mighty god. I believe there is a higher power that gave us the gift of life.
Not caring is not researching and I, myself have done very little research on christianity and can figure out there are more holes than facts.

your turn

I have to laugh when people say Christianity is a tool to manipulate people. I agree it probably turned into a "device" in a way but initially it was not even allowed to be viewed by commoners. Only Clergy and Nobility were given access to the New Testament.
Sounds to me like you have your good guys and your bad guys mixed up. But if you tell me you are a good person I am not going to argue. Morals? Who needs them? Does this tell how you treat people because this is all that matters.
I do get peeved when people bash Christianity and people they do not even know when there are far more worthy targets. Real bad guys out there. No wonder the world doesn't get any better.

Ever think this short poignant time on earth is just the flash of a dream you are having and when you die you will awake from that dream? This life might be like that. It would certainly explain a great deal about God, suffering and why the good die young.

Although I cannot see God I cannot see Pluto either but I know it is there.
I cannot give you tangible evidence of love but I know it exists. With God all you see is something like a "signature" see how great I am and look what I can do. The variety the diversity the irony. It is who your awe is for. If you press for examples I will show you pictures of natures bounty for your pleasure all too tailor made and too ideally fitted to your needs and liking to be coincidence. I have many stories from honest people about miracles and angels and answered prayers.
Did you know that birds with broken wings have a toxin injected into them naturally that kills them within a couple of hours. They do not die from the broken wing. Something knows the bird cannot live without his wing and mercifully takes him back to THE FOLD. HEAVEN. (off planet or in another dimension I don't know but definitely other)
Keep in mind the Bible is a do-over of another tale written in cuneiform on Stone. The Story of Creation parallels Genesis in many ways. Now how is that possible? God said something and some of it is written down in this book. It is covered clouded and possibly misinterpreted but some of it is written down in this book.
Guessing the way stories are passed and changed and even manipulated you have to pick through both stories and look for some relevant and useful things. A cast of characters, events and commonalities. Parts you feel may be deliberately manufactured as well as parts that may have been accidentally misunderstood. You have to remember how family traditions secrets and knowledge is passed and handed down.
Assume a history of human life on earth was available or you think mankind has been lying from the beginning and did not ever attempt to ascribe WHAT HAPPENED?
Assume it was written. Then assume it was "edited." You may also presume an equal and opposite counter movement was waged, was struck down and then lived in secret in exile from the mainstream.
Clearly can we all agree something came from the heavens. We did, "they" did and or God did I am unclear who what where and why but I do know someone or something "came from the heavens" assuming this, well, you have to accept almost any scenario is possible.

When you say Christianity this encompasses a lot of things. Hitler was a devout Christian.
Christianity is taking a message from this very significant human that lived called "The Christ" to heart. Living as he lived and doing as he did. It is emulation of that individual life - pure and simple and anything else calling itself Christianity is bound to be a fraud, a corruption.

Gandhi, MLK are Christlike though it doesn't matter what you call yourself. Christianity is much more than a religion - it is a way of being. A way of putting yourself second, and others first, until you have saved them all.

Of course it is difficult to throw away everything you own and embark on a mission of helping people. However the solution is not to accumulate as much as you can and ignore people that are unrelated to you.

Take care of the poor, the sick and the aged and take special care of the children. Treat your brother as yourself. After that you are asked to do very little.
If in 2000, 4000, or even a couple of million years we still have poor, sick and needy, more children and aged overlooked - this is not Christlike. And we will not get THE MESSAGE (another word for Christ) another time. This message was the last Word until the return.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

Also, if after reading the above you're still on God's side, then why aren't you being a good Christian and doing everything in your power to end up in Hell, so that you might get a chance to kill Satan? If this isn't your aim, then you're not a true enemy of Satan.

The argument that "If God was a loving God, he wouldn't let people die, suffer, etc" is just a moot argument.

(56) Jesus said, "Whoever has come to understand the world has found (only) a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."

Matthew 10:28

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Ecclesiastes 7:1

A good name is better than precious ointment, and the day of death than the day of birth.

1 Timothy 6:7

For we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world.

1 Peter 1:24

For “All flesh is like grass and all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls,

Isaiah 57:1

1The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.

I could go on and on, but you should check the Bible out for yourselves.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

he rejects us and denies entry into heaven. He sends us where he sent Satan,
GOOD. If God is anything like the God depicted in the bible I want nothing to do with him, I don't care who or what any entity ANYWHERE cares to call them self, God of everything or not, I am a slave of no one. In hell I can also thank Satan for giving me the gift of consciousness. Seems pretty obvious we were simply stupid naked "beasts" before Eve ate the fruit. God was pissed about that, really screwed up his little ant farm. But in reality, the bible is clearly written by man...I mean, the psychology is so obvious...so plainly obvious...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
You're initial question was, why are you on God's side. You're the one that answered, and I quote,

"God is the one who is filled with rage. It is God who kicks his children out of the paradise, and then creates disease, suffering, death, toil, starvation and pain. It's God who punishes us, not Satan"

That's why I'm on His side and do my best according to what He commands. Whether you like the Divine Creator or not is another subject for debate. I personally am pretty pissed off with God. However, I understand that I am human and His creation, and that there are just some things we're not supposed to understand in life.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveakaRNG

That's why I'm on His side and do my best according to what He commands
Well where is he then, where are these commands? He relies on that stupid book to tell us...GENIUS! Pure god damn genius I tell you...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
are you actually defending pure evil. the cause of so much misery on earth. the thing that want's you to burn in hell with him rather than see you in paradise. the unforgiven one.

i guess you have never witnessed or even tasted evil. you wouldn't be talking like that.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ncoic

He He...I like to cut right to it. All the drama is wasting time where we could be making this planet better

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

things changed after god kicked us out of eden, we were now lost and god isn't angry hes sad because he creates all this and hates to see us try to pretend like we can fully control everything
its all mapped out we just have to choose a destination and he gives us the trail home.
we plan the trip (most the time) but some of us get lost along the way trying to find a better path there.
we all want to get to our final destination
so why dont we?
because we cant do it without completley and utterly submiting to gods will.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by supergod

because we cant do it without completley and utterly submiting to gods will.

This is why god sounds evil to me. A totalitarian dictator.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

He created us. It is His right. We are meant to seek and worship Him.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

I disagree. A parent who brings a child into the world doesn't have the right to take the child out of the world. If we say that human rights are inalienable, that means inalienable to everyone which includes god.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Welfhard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I don't get why people want to go to heaven. All the coc aine and strippers are in hell.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join