It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleeptimes over at Yellowstone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Ever since i was a kid i have heard about Yellowstone National Park and Ol' Faithful, mostly from my Granny who had travelled to America from Australia many many times in her life time, so when cleaning up one day i found some old postcards she had sent me years ago which brought back memories and got me thinking about Yellowstone again...
As a kid there was no internet, so up i get and off to the computer i go and look up Yellowstone and find a live streaming webcam

www.nps.gov...

Once i managed to figure out when daylight was i started googling and reading up on the caldera and all the geothermic features and slowly over the winter i have become hooked... A few weeks ago i saw a WOLF.. i am an Aussie.. never seen a wolf in my life..haa haaa, i was so happy! I had gotten so used to waking up at about 6am, catching a few hours of my happy place before it gets dark around 12pm my time.

Just 10 minutes ago i saw a BEAR, and laugh i did... i saw the first bear out of hybernation for the season... so in the spirit of sharing a smile in this messed up world...

come take a seat, rest a spell.... just breath and the world will too!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
yeah I don't think the webcam works with Win7 or Firefox ....

Oh well just have to imagine the Eruption

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I don't know if this is the same link, as I couldn't access the link posted -
Its Old Faithful live:

www.yellowstone.net...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

yeah I don't think the webcam works with Win7 or Firefox .... Oh well just have to imagine the Eruption

I have Win 7, and Firefox. Worked for me without a problem.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
www.nps.gov...

i got it from here.. also have one for Mammoth hotspring, but it isnt live.. auto refreshes to update the veiw

www.nps.gov...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

Screenshot?
2nd line

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Oops. Sorry. I didn't mean to hit reply just then. What I want to know is whether you got screenshots of the wolf and the bear, cause that would be really nice to see.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

no i didnt... always with the screenshot... some of u people are deadset lazy i swear... go and watch the livecam yourself... I HAD TO!.. and i got more joy out of seeing that bear last night than i would have ever gotten from a 'screenshot'..

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ShakenAwake

No need to be rude. One would think though that if you really wanted to share the beauty of it all, you would want to share it fully rather than start a thread to what, boast? Just saying.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

wasnt even close to rude, but if you feel i was then I APOLOGISE!!.
. i shared, both info and link with such happiness, I felt like a little kid, and as i have seen on soooooo many threads i get hit up for a screen shot!.. seriously, would a pic of a bear head down ass up been of any use?... truth be told i would have had an arguement on my hands with certain peeps saying its not a bear, its a buffalo... by the time i had typed and posted i had to wait near 5 minutes to see the bear again... like i already said being an Aussie i have never seen animals in the wild like that, i was excited!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

No offense taken. But just think, had you posted a shot of that, you could have titled it "New moon over Yellowstone".

Peace.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
brand new baby buffalo, probably only born last night.... sooooo tiny

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

www.quake.utah.edu...

as an afterthought.. the link is to a list of seismagraphs... including yellowstone... which if u didnt already know i watch alot, as my screensaver during daylight

top topics

join