It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[04.17.2011] VIDEO:: The US Government Burns Bibles!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
,I,don't know how to put videos in yet,thought you would like to see this.Especially since what happen in Florida,with the Quran burning. This is something to see and hear.What do you all think? I,wouldn't burn no books. But ,why didn't our government stand for our bibles when they got burnt,they burnt our bibles,our government.then tell Florida pastor,no.This doesn't sound right.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Here you go.

The big difference is that I doubt that people will be dragged into the street and killed over it. The idea is to prevent the Afghans from being influenced by the military and thus was burned with the garbage at the end of the day.

Here is the gist of the story courtesy of CNN— “The unsolicited Bibles sent by a church in the United States were confiscated about a year ago at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan because military rules forbid troops of any religion from proselytizing while deployed there, Lt. Col. Mark Wright said.

blogs.cbn.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Its simple really.

You DONT burn the Koran, because if you do, Muslims might go on a killing spree.
But you DO burn the Bible, because if you dont, Muslims might go on a killing spree.

But why *burn* the bibles? Because troops are required to burn their TRASH.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I think the problem is the military burning the bible .

Burning of heavenly scripture is absolutely wrong .

may I add that the man statement from the Quran script is out of context and place .
Where he said that muslims are superior, that part of the script was talking about the past, the generation of the prophets and the kholafa'a alrashdeen .

The Bible is a holy manuscript that has been manipulated by man, check the history of the bible, how many editions there are.

Maybe thats why these soulders were burning them ? I mean they can refuse to do it and take it with them but burn them ? because its trash ??? wth
edit on 17-4-2011 by Shalnark because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by billxam

Thank you,for posting the video...........

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Shalnark

I,agree the bible is holy scriptures.As for Muslims,I,only know what I,hear and read.But,I,wouldn't burn any books,its not for me to judge. Only God can do that. I,wished no one would burn books.I,wouldn't burn theirs,so I,wish they wouldn't burn mine,(ANYONE) Very true,man has wrote so many different ones.I do believe in the Hebrew bible and our new testament. If it wasn't for the Jews,we wouldn't have our bible.I,also wish people didn't kill over the holy books neither.2 wrongs don't make a right. I,was just saying our government burn our own holy books,over there. Then that pastor goes and burn the Quran's.I,wish none of it happen.Politics and Religion ,people die and get hurt from it.We should leave each other to practice what we want,Then when judgement day comes,Let God judge us,not mankind.I,wished man kind would just get a long,but they won't. May soon there will be peace around the world.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I kinda agree with the government saying during ww2 americans were monitored for what they said because we was at war with Japan, we are at war with extremist Islam so yes we/they should be monitored especially in theirreligous words. They are a religion the strongly believe their religion is the one religion, ( kinda alike to christinaity) and in their one religion any non believers are infedels and infedels must be destroyed. SO for free speach to thaem no they dont deserve it right know until war erov. As for our tyranous corrupted anti american government, the only way this will ever change is, are you ready for this simple answer? vote them "ALL" out. peace

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by venusstarlite

I remember a fruitcake preacher in North Carolina in 2009 on halloween who had all of his members to come to a bible burning, it was to be ,any bibles that were not the 1611 King James version,as well as any books by Christian authors who quoted from the other versions.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Pastor Grizzard and 14 other members of the church plan to burn copies of the other “perversions” of Scripture on Halloween, 31 October

new topics

top topics

join