It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military games rigged?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 02:43 AM
link   
sorry if this has already been posted, but I found it very interesting none the less.

www.armytimes.com...

I personally think Van Riper should have had every chance to play it how he saw fit. There are no constants in war, anything can change.

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Yep, I agree with Ritter...He should've been able to proceed in any feasably-possible method as he saw fit. Fighting against terrorists means that, by definition, you're fighting against a foe who uses uncommon tactics...Therefore, standard methods & procedures to fight such a foe will *not* work.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
this seems to be a thread for a different forum but it is a good post so here goes.

i read both the Van Riper and Pace articles about the Millennium Games, both had some valid points.

if Van Riper went into the ex, not knowing it was just a big experiment( like Pace said it was), then he had a right to be pissed when the rules were changed to negate superior tactics just to keep a control protocol.

as far as testing cutting edge tech,the military should stick to simms and not waste troops time in a war game where they can't use their experience and tactics to win.

join