It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(imagine now) we are all going to die.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Everyone has the choice to not allow certain events, or things, or words said to hurt them.
Everyone has that, the choice to get angry, or not get angry. Be sad or not be sad. If we look at everything as a choice, then things start to become more clear. So if you feel yourself getting angry over something that was done or said to you, just ask yourself: Is getting pissed off over this gonna help me or hurt me? No point in directing your energy towards something that is only going to upset you. At least thats how I'm beginning to see things. EVERYONE HAS A CHOICE TO MAKE THEMSELVES BETTER.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

That is the absolute truth man!
righteous!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Originally posted by pitchdragon
hello
this my prediction, take or leave it....

Ok, I choose leave it!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoyofOceanus
reply to post by pitchdragon

we can talk about it i have any problem with that"

What?

"I think your more hypocritical as opposed to "being on your highhorse" you talk about unity but can't even manage to create a thread about unity without having to constantly debate people on a part of the thread. If you really wanted to get what your saying you are, you'd would of just dropped the whole "end of the world" bit your keep trying to play people with. Who knows, maybe its just your grammer to blame for why people take you seriously when you say #; you can barely make complete sentences half of the time......"

maybe but actualy it show only how i have to deal with your arrogance..."

It shows only how you have to deal with arrogance.......... Personally I think your the arrogant one for not expecting confusion, and expecting the acceptance of your ideas to the extent your seem to think you should of gotten. If anything it proves your naivety.

"How about you start spending less time arguing your credibility and start telling us about all the nice things you spend your days doing for the homeless/parentless/foodless, I'm sure if you start talking about what you've Done with your ideas of unity, other than cause tons of debate over the legitimacy/interpretation of your blunt prediction."

man... in the 90's i spent much time in association helping and trying to figure out how i can do more... i went to burkina faso, to rwanda and mali,i was helping and still help in association helping people who lost there house or they can find how to figure out with this life, i fight with act up, man how can you judge me you know nothing about me and you think your are enough smart to say who i m ? who do you think you are to give me a lesson ? because of a stupid blunt prediction... "

You assume far to much, which is why I judge you. That and the fact that you act and pretend to be completely un-susceptible to doing ignorant things that you should apologize for. Truth is though, I'm judging more of what your saying as opposed to You as a person, because as you said "I know nothing about you", except for the way you act, and treat others in the thread.

The lesson is to stop arguing and speak more of all that experience you claim to have, which of course after you claim to having you then later say "this my last answer because there no way out... i choose the wrong place, the wrong people" so now you won't be around to clarify and share with us the actual important information that you May have, so that only inspires more curiousity around your legitimacy. For someone who sounds like did a lot of hard physical labor to help others.... you are fairly weak willed and short-sighted; you speak of others missing your point, but failed to see mine. I baited you into actually telling us something of significance; actual stuff done to help people, yet you still find your way back to "you think your are enough smart to say who i m ? who do you think you are to give me a lesson " Who do I am? Who the F@!# do you think you are. You say I don't know you, and I'll just say, thats a 2 way street buddeh, you don't know me, so don't go off trying to gauge my intelligence.

"Anywho I hope you get better at spreading "your" message, hopefully you'll spend more time throwing up vids and mentioning specifically who it is out there that really need our help. Then again if you did that to any good extent, then you'd just have a bunch of depressed people XD."

"this so childlish...and this regrettable"

I hope your speaking own your own behalf, because for once you would be making sense. I hope you do realize that all the debating you caused and participated in over your "stupid blunt prediction" is what caused the initial loss of your message. You should of taken responsibility for it, and just stuck with the "its not a literal prediction" instead of going back and forth with it being close and far from now. Should of taken responsibility and then moved on to keep with your message, if it really is so very important to you that you get it out. Otherwise you've only given the appearence of a child pretending to be a big boy, making up stories and then running out when people question you. That is the cold truth of our reality, people are going to question your ways and your means with whatever you do, some more than others, but thats simply a fact of life that you need to accept before you go out preaching to people.

"Just go down to tijuana and you get to see tons of kids begging for money, old ladys just bundled up sitting amongst other homeless trying to sell random useless nicknaks just to get some food and continue their daily repetition of this process based all upon there hope that life will get better."

i did not wait an invitation to go help people and i had travel enough and watch misery around the world...if it was not the case i will not be here talking about unity...and you right this is the wrong place...

now please keep your arrogance...you wanna teach me a lesson i think you should start first to learn how.

and this my last answer because there no way out... i choose the wrong place, the wrong people...the wrong forum...the wrong thread...

Of course it is your last "answer", despite your own hypocritical arrogance I think my point finally sunk in, only it seems you feel its to late to salvage the thread you've sullied. So much for delivering your o so important unheard message of "stop being douchey to your fellow man, unify", its to bad non of us will ever get to hear and feel the grace of it.

XD so your saying if you hadn't gone to all those countries that you wouldn't have the "strong" grasp of unity that you do? Thats pityful, i've given money to the homeless.... haven't gone to other countries. Maybe thats it, maybe its all that "experience" that your saying you have that makes you act so much higher than the rest of us; like we cannot comprehend the complexities of not judging others, and helping the truly needy.

"this is my last answer because there's no way out" you could of just dropped the whole prediction for the sake of saving your message, but you let yourself get drawn into to much debate over it. You could of acted less pridefull for the sake of your fellow man, but sadly your not for unity as much as you portrayed yourself to be.

Who knows maybe you were saying that in the " theres no way out because the world will end as me and thousands upon thousands have predicted" in that case...... did you ever think that maybe its that kind of thinking, thats leading to the destruction and ignorance of those around us; the thought that the world will end soon, so who cares if we trash it, and who cares if we talk down on those we feel will be going to the metaphorical hell after the world ends.

I got an far better, less threatening message than yours, and unlike you, I will not make like its my own original unheard of idea. Instead of living like the entire world is going to end in a few days, you should follow the Bushido idea of living as if Your world is going to end tomorrow. Live life as if it is your last day, (the world continues to exist) and pretty much spend your only time doing what you want to be remembered for. It keeps the motivation to do all that you can, and in my oppinion leads to the thought that you should spend time with family as opposed to going on a rampage. You'd still get a few that in that actual situation may just go on a rampage...... but anyone who cared about being a good person from the start I see being hard to lose to that scenario of death and destruction.

I can't help but see far much more group hysteria (rioting/looting) with the event of mass extinction at our door. For atheist/non afterlife believers, who gives a crap what impression you leave with the billions of others neck deep in there own ass trying to live out there own time? No one..... it would just be some people chillin with there family, a lot of people trying to loot/kill to protect there own family hoping that their deaths are avoidable.

Bushido is just a little bit cleaner in my opinion so.... you can keep going around stirring up the sh!* in the obviously wrong forums, Or you can cut the crap out and stick to focusing on the point your making as opposed to just arguing..... otherwise your just a hypocrite preaching unity.

Oh and everyone else entertaining themselves like me by debating some of his words, KILLSTEAL XD..... your welcome.
edit on 18-4-2011 by BoyOfOceanus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I don't have an issue with any particular religion, race, creed, color or sexual orientation or country of orgin.
I do have an issue with those that want to do harm to us BECAUSE of our particular religion, race, creed, color or sexual orientation or country of orgin. My personal convictions about those extremeists would not change because of any future events that may make us ponder some sort of reflection on those topics.
The world can get along because of the common good that exists throughout the world.

I always like saying this....God knows the truth...he just waits....
well....there will be a judgement day wether or not you believe in a God...because when its over, its over folks.
Peace.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Well, its been 3 days...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I came extremely close to dying a couple of years ago and there was nothing I could do about it. I was spiritually ready to go so that wasn't a problem. The doctor told my family I probably wouldn't make it through the night. I didn't lay there wishing I had done more, had more money or have regrets. I just wished I had all the time back that I wasted cutting grass. Strange what we think about, the moral of the story is don't waste time on meaningless stuff.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rede2go

And yet each and every one of you is arguing meaningless points into the internet ground on a thread which may very well be telling you to respect the time you have and not worry about stupid things (like this thread). It's a catch 22, you contribute to it and you become the exact thing you are so diligently preaching against.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This is one of the best threads I have ever read here, it has everything in it.
In a few days everyone is going to die, (yes our days are very few when you look at the length of all time)
and there will be survivors, (yes there will be new births and the younger to carry on)
but they too will also die one day soon,
the political, religious, monetary positions and things are all worthless all useless when faced with death,
the waste of time they take prior to the moment of passing seems to consume 50 of every 60 seconds.
The racial hatred, the sexual hatred, the gender hatred, all a waste of time, all powerless at death.
Even the arguments within the thread about the thread itself, a weird irony.
A thread about values and respect and love and peace causing anger and negativity.
It's really not a prediction, but it is, it's really not a dream but a statement of fact and a wish,
it's doesnt have hidden meaning it's just obvious reality
buried under the rubble of man made crap in a god forgotten place.

cest le vie

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I believe this post is not about a hypothetical cataclysmic event, but a scenario to put the reader in a state of self reflection, specifically towards the op's obvious resentment towards racism. While I can't speak for everyone in every country, I have been around the block a couple of times, and I don't see racism as a high priority issue as it once used to be. Today, I frequently see racism in the US towards whites in general, coming from some particular races more than other races, no need to be specific. It does bother me that people despite what words they spew don't really understand equality, and that our laws, specifically in the US cater to all but whites. Today, it's all about being politically correct (and good thing we don't live in Germany around WWII) or politically correct would be kicking it up a couple of notches. Regardless, the world is what it is, and I can't let it ferment into "hate" in my heart, but I dismiss it in my own mind as wrong and not how I want to live my own personal life. Your mood is displayed as "Hates racism", and I would suggest try not to hate. Let the negative bounce off, and not penetrate your core. One of the first things we learn in school is never let them see you sweat. Kids will be kids and call names no matter what. The second you show that it bothers you, then you become a puppet and prime target. Also, when you let hate brew inside you, you are expelling negative energies into the world which are easily picked up by those looking for someone to vent on. It's a never ending cycle man, the Jews and the Muslims have been going back and forth thousands of years, and they will never learn because they keep retaliating and reciprocating hate with hate. Get over it man, live your life.

You mentioned immigration? I believe the easiest country to get into on earth is the United States. Most other countries have much tougher restrictions on illegal residence and accepting outsiders. Mexico has their military on it's southern border with automatic rifles, to keep the Guatemalans out. I've been to many slavik countries, and even though the majority of people wear nice slacks, coats, mink and fur, they live in run down buildings and stare at outsiders with no shame, not even trying to be inconspicuous. I would not say these are cases of racism. It's plain ignorance, no compassion, and just a bad upbringing. But when you (the op) mentioned immigration, you werent speaking about other countries were you, but the US in general. Well my friend, ILLEGAL immigration is the issue here. People entering this country illegally are financially burdening this country and putting more strain on the legal residents. And the frustration is not really towards the illegals coming in, but towards our politicians who are supposed to be our public servants, running the country. They are willfully neglecting doing what they're supposed to be doing, and doing everything they SHOULDN'T be doing. And they are changing the path of the country because it SUITS their agenda which is propelled by their greed for money and power, not because it's the right thing to do. Bottom line!

As far as religion goes? God will be the judge of that. That's why it's called faith, He will let those who have chosen the correct path know in the end. We cannot know for sure which religion is right for sure, but in my own religion it does say that I cannot insult others' religions. It does not say to kill all none-believers (infidel is the word I believe?). I think as the population increases, certain things which can affect large numbers of people become an issue that were not an issue in earlier times. Maybe 200 years ago, when VARIOUS religions, such as the Mormons for example, were marrying VERY young girls, it was ok. They lived out in the sticks, and wanted young, pure, healthy mates to reproduce with, and it was ok then. Today with all the maniacs being allowed to roam the streets, these young girls would be victims of perverts and pedophiles. My point is in Islam to be particular, jihad can be interpreted to a violent bloody blood bath against any none believers. I think the head mullas need to get together, and branch off a more peaceful version of Islam, which would be easily separated from the radicals, much like the two branches of Mormonism. I know, I know, Islam is a religion of peace. Peace follows bloody battles. Can we just have the peace without the bloody battles?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
reply to post by Rede2go

And yet each and every one of you is arguing meaningless points into the internet ground on a thread which may very well be telling you to respect the time you have and not worry about stupid things (like this thread). It's a catch 22, you contribute to it and you become the exact thing you are so diligently preaching against.

Well, I dunno, like I said, whether I'm conversing on a thread on some message board somewhere or cutting my grass or going to work or sleeping, or playing my guitar (I actually prefer that) I'm not sure I could say any of them is actually 'better' or 'worse' in the grand scheme of things, as far as how I spend my time, all a value judgement I guess, in the end it will just all be a part of 'life'. But, I agree with the general concensus probably best in my own life when I strive for things that are reasonably satisfying and try to leave out the things that fail to satisfy as much as possible.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
reply to post by Rede2go

XD I was trying to get that point across to pitch. I realize it, but I personally don't think anything I take real joy in to be a waste of time. I like debating and "helping" people, it helps entertain me through the days i'm quite particularly bored (x.x videogames are such a bore these days, and i'm out of leather for my leather crafting), and am broke so.... can't really do much else..... So I'll keep to talking with people as opposed to playing video games with imaginary people, watching documentaries i've seen a million times over. I take great joy and satisfaction finding a common ground with people I'm debating with.

I was trying to point out pretty much what you were saying to the author, that arguing about that # is actually worse than just pointless when your talking about trying to unify everyone..... hypocritical actually, but i guess thats just the human being when they get passionate sometimes.

Oh and before you start with the "every one of you" I kinda wanted to tell you that you should change that to "us" because i've seen that you've done like 8 posts on this topic from today and yesterday which is more than I've posted....... albeit my posts are a little bit more large and expanded. Personally I like your shorter version cause you'd think all the short-attention span types would be able to grasp it.... but I guess ya gotta make a wall of text to really get a point across.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BoyOfOceanus

It's all good, I'm here contributing too
. I don't think the OP was serious about his prediction, he just wanted a certain message passed across in a way that would make people think.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join