It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(imagine now) we are all going to die.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Why would anyone bother with such a negative thread? The dude reveals literally nothing. Frankly I'd rather play with this emergent music sound-toy, Otomata. Now that's something to waste time over!
edit on 17-4-2011 by Mishmashum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
We will ALL die someday. It's inevitable.

Our lives on this planet are like a "blink" in the grand scheme of time.

What is important is what comes after this life.

That is ETERNAL.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
We're all made of exactly the same thing, so I see everyone as completely equal. If we all die in the next 10 mins I've no hate for anybody, so not fussed about the stuff you listed.

Agreed with those that say it was a weird way of putting the opening post too.
edit on 17-4-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Mishmashum

Why would anyone bother with such a negative thread?

mister read the thread and all the answer and after, make this kind of statement ...

i m' talking about unity so where is the negativity...because i say we are going to die ? you did not read between the line and this is all the problem you eat what i give you to eat...if you had take time to read you will understand about what i'm achieving but this is the problem now a day people think they know.

i don't know and nobody know the only things i m sure we are all in the same train.

and why bother yourself to give an answer ?
edit on 17-4-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
If the world ended tomorrow, I'm pretty sure racists would use their bias as an excuse to kill those left to take whatever they want. No hypothetical end-of-the-world scenario is gonna change bigotry and inequality.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMalefactor

this is sad then ...this is sad to think that we can not talk all in the same voice, how can we be understood...
some wait an alien contact but how can we have a contact if we are not unit...some want peace how ?
some want freedome, how ? some want the thruth, how ? this thread show only one things we are not ready for all that...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMalefactor
If the world ended tomorrow, I'm pretty sure racists would use their bias as an excuse to kill those left to take whatever they want. No hypothetical end-of-the-world scenario is gonna change bigotry and inequality.

You think so?...naah...Not in a fullblown end of the world scenario...if the government announced that tomorrow a comet is going to hit, that would end life on this planet as we know it, the racists and bigots would probably piss their pants and call mommy.

To the post by OP above me...Yes...we are nowhere near ready and we never will be.
edit on 17-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I starred and flagged this just because in its core the OP carries an important and very true message. It doesn't matter when it is going to happen, all that matters is that ALL OF US eventually die. Everything of matter eventually dies, passes away... So it's no important in any way who you are and what you have achieved - we are all the same in our essence and it is a pure ignorance to think that someone deserves to live more than anyone else or that someone or something is more important to life than anything else. That doesn't mean in any way that life has no meaning. Just on the contrary - it surely has, but this is not the meaning that most of the people think it is - to become an 'important person' and to 'leave something behind'. Everything and everyone is important to life and that is why it all exists and this fact contains in itself the fact that NOTHING IS REALLY IMPORTANT, just because 'to be important' implies that there is something 'less important than'.

Every single being has its role to play in life, so from this perspective it doesn't matter who you are, what you fight for, as long as you fight against something 'else'. Understanding this just makes fight irrelevant. Because that which you fight is you - it is just your fears projected as 'something different' and this 'difference' threatens the existence of what you believe you are - your Self. And what you believe you are is not what you truly are. Because belief is derived from the mind and the mind is so tiny part of what truly is that it cannot come up with a concept what reality truly is. Mind cannot overcome itself. This is why no belief system is ultimately better than any other and no such can solve all problems, because the problem is in the mind itsef - in the division it creates no matter what it thinks of.

It may be hard to grasp it, but don't try if you can't. You have to feel it for yourself. Noone can give you 'evidence' and 'prove' it for you. Don't worry about it, because it will eventually come, no matter if its sooner or later. And don't worry about 'fear mongering' because fear is in you, it's fearful only if it resonates with you that way. Noone can bring fear in you from 'the outside'. You alone should face your fears and the sooner you do it, the sooner they will dissapear.

Why is that great fear of 'non existence'? This is the main fear of all people and from it springs the preoccupation with 'being an important person' and 'leaving something behind'. And because people know they die inevitably, they are so worried about it that they try so hard to be remembered in some way afterwards. It is never about future generations, its all about the ego and the fear of ceasing to exist. It doesn't matter to life if you are Leonardo DaVinci, Barack Obama or a simple peasant living in the country. And this is good news because that thing called 'life' is nothing separated from you. IT IS YOU - the real one, not the fake one that your mind created. Of course Leonardo DaVinci was a great man, but the purpose of life is not all humans to be like him. And do you think that he created all his great works because he is the great Leonardo DaVinci? He was inspired, like all great people, and that inspiration comes from something more than himself, it is not created by himself. It comes from life/consiousness/all-that-is - call it whatever you like. And all the bad things that are created are on its turn inspired by the mind that identifies this 'greatness' with a personality or institution, or situation, or circumstances - anything that is 'outside' itself, that is 'somewhere there' and has to be achieved, gained, reached. You have all you need in yourself, noone really hinders you and you don't need to make 'other' people or things dissapear so you can feel good. Social standards, categorization and priorities are what creates all world's problems and these themselves are created by nothing but the human mind - not the mind of some bad politicians or greedy people with secret agendas, but the mind of all of us who continue to sustain the current status quo, no matter how good we have convinced ourselves that in fact we are working against it.

edit on 17-4-2011 by ElevenFlint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

Pathetic thread. Absolutely pathetic.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

WOW. The great Karnac speaks. "WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE." That would be, DUH. For those of us on the planet right now, our birth and our death are the only two absolutely certain things we can count on.

WHAT is going to happen we don't know and its all a bunch of blahblahblahblah mostly by a bunch of boys. Really, really bored to tears with the fake gurus, channelers, insiders, experts, psychics, arcturians, etc., etc., etc who are in need of ego juice and just suck off the dummies who don't know any better but to look outside of themselves for answers.

HOW we are going to meet our end individually when it comes is our own choice. Look your own self in the eye and answer to and for yourself.

"Good night and good luck."

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I once read in a signature or a post, can't remember... they were talking about Obama being the first black president in the US, and some guy responded: If you think it's important it's because you still see the skin colour in the people. (not exactly like that, but that was sort of the idea)
And it's just like that, really, we're all different, but in the end, we're all the same. I really like the read, OP, it truly is a nice way of reflection.
Some say that we change when we're about to face the abyss, and maybe it's true, and we should just wait until everything gets completely f*cked up, and then change. I don't know.

My opinion, of course.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Allright... Your initial point of discussion is a pretty decent one... We're all equal , skin color, male, female, income, nationality, etc.etc. doesn't matter yes and in the face of a catastrophe, or death all that mentioned petty sh!t upon we base our division and segregation on will fly out the window. Just like there is no racism in a foxxhole, they're all equally in deep sh!t since bullets are flying over their heads. But you're kind of preaching to the choir here...and the way you preach to the choir is like a 7 year old kid playing charades. Ppl have been bombarding you with questions to clarify your thread and actually get a decent discussion going and you haven't answered one single question properly, or not at all...This is like somebody throwing an egg against a wall and expecting some sort of philosophical discussion to ensue...For starters you should've put this thread in another forum, cause people on here are tired of the prediction threads as you probably noticed. The context in which you presented this otherwise interesting topic was bound to catch sh!t...
Peace.
edit on 17-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

and you are awake and aware....

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

who do you think you are to tell me this ? i'm stupid or something !
i did not judge you so please don't judge me.
you truth don't fit to my truth well it's ok but don't think you have right to judge me never !
and if you are not happy with that move along .

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
By the way, I really wasn't trying to ruin your thread. The idea behind what you were trying to do was a good one, but the way you presented it just went over everyone's heads at first and the people who could understand most likely already knew all of this about tolerance while the people who could stand to learn a thing or two about tolerance most likely would disregard the thread as it doesn't fit with their outlook. Maddening, I know. It seems like people really believe that we are all so vastly different and this is due most likely to the fact that we are taught that we are different (be it to purposely reaffirm one groups inadequacy compared to another or accidentally taught while a misguided teaching attempt at "cultural diversity" is made). If one day everyone stopped giving a Damn and let our differences become the trivial joke that they are, we would be better off. And I do mean that our differences (skin color, sexuality, religion, etc) should become jokes in conversation with one another. With no one being malicious in their jokes, and no one taking offense, our differences would hold less weight in our minds. And aside from the truly offensive folks and those people who look at everything looking for any hint of obscenity to get mad over, who really let's a joke get to them?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Whether or not the original poster meant that they had an actual prediction or not I think clearly that the message was about finding the commonality between humans. Whether or not their prediction comes true I think that it is worthwhile to consider their message. Sometimes we think it and say it to ourselves (some of us do). We think how we are all equal. We express it. But, I think that it is true that in times of crisis people shed many of the external labels and prejudices. However, I do think that other sides are revealed more clearly in those times as well. I think that people are brought closer to their true nature whether it is light or dark, self-centered or magnanimous. Those are the times of heroes and tyrants. Interesting post at any rate.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Upthepunx

i just sighed up on here and im sick all these prediction threads

so why did you sign up many topics in ATS is just prediction even it's labeled differently

secondely watch our mouth

i wish space travel was possible this planet is to overcrowded

and you think you deserve to space and travel why because you think you are different from me, you think i'm dumb and you are smarter...think twice ... i'm very serious on my thread and if you did not understand the purpose i can do nothing for you... actualy we are all here on this rock so let be respectful.

and for finishing welcome to ats

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Ridiculous.
We're all going to be dead one day.
Your "prediction" is groundless.
Nothing like vague "predictions" to make one feel better about themselves.
This is the current ATS quality level?
Hrm.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

One way or another, we are all heading to our death. We have no knowledge of how or when our death will occur. It is just a given that it will. So make the best of the time you have left.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join