It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(imagine now) we are all going to die.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
"In the Tibetan philosophy, Sylvia Plath sense of the word, I know we're all--we're all dying, all right?" ~the nameless narrator

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

thank you... and you know how it works...there no social issue, no one will pay attention, i'm really angry how the world turn , i'm really angry to see how people think they could put them self above others people because they are white or black or muslim or christian... if people are not happy becasue i don't give them date or proof i don't give damn it mean that those people did not understand and it's not a problem.

edit on 17-4-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

link   
I see your point, but I don't think gay people will be very successful at helping to re-populate the planet. I also can't think of anything worse than being one of a few survivors and finding out that most of the others are a bunch of liberals... I would rather die than survive. Political beliefs are important because whoever survives will be left to start over, so a belief in man's freedom and liberty is very important. The ability to carry on religion is also very important. I will agree that when looking at the big picture a lot of our differences are very petty and insignificant, but there are some that must be carried on.

link   
reply to post by lo7s3v3n7ol

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
You claim we are all going to die. What proof do you have of this? Prove to me that we all will die.
edit on 4/17/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

Now wait...I agree with your message, but...just to clarify this. Do you believe something will happen the next few days, or is it a purely hypothetical statement??

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by pitchdragon

thank you... and you know how it works...there no social issue, no one will pay attention, i'm really angry how the world turn , i'm really angry to see how people think they could put them self above others people because they are white or black or muslim or christian... if people are not happy becasue i don't give them date or proof i don't give damn it mean that those people did not understand and it's not a problem.

edit on 17-4-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

I don't think YOU understand your own thread. This is in the wrong section, this isn't a prediction.
edit on 17-4-2011 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

From the moment I read your opening post, I understood that you were using allegory to induce a debate towards the real crux of your message.

Unfortunately, you failed to realise that in here, as everywhere, there are many that don't have the ability to think beyond the immediate (or even know what allegory is), nor read between the words they see - too many assume their fear is on everyone elses mind - hence the demands for times and dates!
It's unfortunate, for had you even worded it differently you still would have received the same replies.

Rest assured that you did get understood by a few and that by now discussing that fact alone, you might be able to further elaborate on the actual message you intended to convey - one of expressing that our differences truly mean absolutely nothing when faced with a greater [mortal] consideration; one that shows our petty squabbles as just that - petty and ultimately meaningless.

I like your thinking, but you do need to consider who you address I feel. If not, then you should not be suprised when you are confronted by a majority who cannot see past their own experiences, desires and fears. It is but human nature after all.

You are right. Fundamentally, we are all brothers and sisters and should ideally forgo the pettiness of minor differences.
Perhaps one day, far from now no doubt, our world will become an ideal place to experience life on.
I for one hope we can get there.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
All those people predicting that everybody will die etc etc.
Do they realize what they are doing. Yesterday I read a prediction by a so called remote viewer named Cassandra. Not only will we all die, no we will all die horribly.

A few years ago I started to accept that the world will change and things will happen. I prepared my family and thats it. Nothing much you can do, but prepare.

But the world will not end and we will not all die.
But predictions like this make a lot of people very nervous and very very afraid.
If someone like Cassandra really sees such things, she should shut up, so people can go on living in peace, instead of becoming nervous wrecks, deciding not to have children, like my friend, or start shooting everybody, because they can't handle the stress.

I think it is not very responsible to to throw doom around.

If you really have the gift of seeing in the future, you should know better.

Even saying things like that to make a point, is not a good thing to do. I'm sure the title will stay longer in the mind of people than the message.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

in a few days earth will face an event beyond our imagination an many will die, no need to know the day, and how it will happen, you need just to know many people are going to die and a long journey begin for the survivor .

I don't believe you.

We're always facing death, life is fragile, and yet sharing views, interacting with others is meaningful. What do you think we should do, before death strikes? If you say nothing matters now that we know we're doomed, tell me when was it meaningful, wise even, to have conversations about our paradigms?

do you think there is a difference between your religion and another religion when we you have to face death. ?

Well, you have to admit most religions are directly concerned with the topic of death and what happens after it. Therefore, I can't see a better time to think/talk about it.

And unless you think all religions are equal, you better have to judge the one you follow to be superior to the others.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

what could i say more... thank you

and nevermind if my words does not have the effect i wanted...if it just touch one person is enough for me.

The means can be compared to a seed and the end to a tree, and there is the same relationship between intangible assets and the end between the seed and the tree.
Gandhi

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
You claim we are all going to die. What proof do you have of this? Prove to me that we all will die.
edit on 4/17/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

You sir, are a rock star. This quote is semi-permanently going to be my signature. You are talented. Drop 200 sarcasm, fire for effect, over...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
issue can be solved by adding 2 words

what if

but you came on here preaching it to be true just to see what people would say to your questions....completely wrong way to go about it.

I don't think the hate in this thread comes from a bad prediction or false prediction with no proof. The hate is because of being misled to think there was a prediction but in reality you just wanted some answers to questions on what people would do IF this happened.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by notsosunny

Even saying things like that to make a point, is not a good thing to do

what make you think about your condition it's when you have to face your death, now let's think about our condition actualy why we do not make a move because we think we still have time...but if we do not have this time ?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Yes. I agree we are all going to die. Skin color , race, and wealth do not matter. U can not escape Death's hand.

This is kind of a #ty prediction. I mean everyone SHOULD know that we are gonna die sometime.

Sorry OP but if I could I would give this thread a negative rating

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I'm confused... Is this a hypothetical, what if, prediction where you're trying to prove a point or do you actually know something the rest of us don't?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by pitchdragon
reply to post by notsosunny

Even saying things like that to make a point, is not a good thing to do

what make you think about your condition it's when you have to face your death, now let's think about our condition actualy why we do not make a move because we think we still have time...but if we do not have this time ?

You have a good point. Humans are the only species on earth, that knows they are going to die one day and still do horrendous things to each other a monkey couldn't even conceive of...and that's exactly why...Doom on baby.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

You say people here act as if we are ABOVE everyone else because we disagree with the way you displayed this topic? although you have yet to comply with everyone requesting you move this topic, change the name or have it make more sense....sounds like youre the one who thinks they are ABOVE everyone else especially since you haven't even took the time out to address anyone that doesnt agree with this thread

This is the 3rd time i replied to you and u don't even have the decency to reply back. You think you're above us so much that you can ignore these direct replies? I'm done here. Tired of self centered egotistical attention whore hypocrites.
edit on 17-4-2011 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jidnum

there is not what if

look at the world around you, to say what if mean that we are leaving in peaceful world and there no need to worrie about our condition.

do i'm lying about my prediction no because in few days people will die yea in the world many people will die, war, deases and many other way and yes there is survivor we are the survivor...becasue actualy we are not leaving we we are currently survive yes this beyond our imagination because nobody think about that that we are not eternal...
and we should be tolerant and respectful.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Problem is: the people who do understand your message, most likely re not the people you need to tell this. They already know.

Try tell some of the people on Godlike productions and see how they answer.
Unfortunately you will not change anything by talking. I can tell you from experience, that even in you live in a very tolerant country as to races, religions and sexual preferences, its just that: tolerance. Most we never see yo of equal worth. And that becomes clear, when things are bad, like the economy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join