It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.B. Cooper Documentary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Still a mystery after all these years, the documentary called "Flight From Justice" will air on the Discovery Channel August 7. Cooper is the
man who highjacked a plane in 1971, demanded $200,000, got it then parachuted to oblivion. this documentary will take a new look back on the mystery of D.B.Cooper.

Who was D.B. Cooper?
Y ou tell people a story, chances are they're going to want to know the ending. In most circumstances, I try to provide updates as soon as possible after the initial columns run.

But today I offer an update on a story that ran a few years ago, about a mystery that stretches back to 1971.

The story may never have a satisfying ending, but it continues to provide interesting twists:

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Will we ever find out what happened? Who knows but it makes for good TV, I know I'll be watching!

[edit on 27-7-2004 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Just bumping this up for the evening or morning, (depends on where you are) ATSers can view this.....

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I had never heard of this story.

It was an interesting read.

I might watch the doc on it in August, If I remember.

I think the other guy who attempted this was a copy cat.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I swear I just saw another documentary on who he was. He just died an old man in Florida recently. Told his wife on his death bed about it. Name wasn't DB Cooper by the way.

Not sure how to look that up other than just keep my eye out for reruns. Case seemed pretty closed to me (unoffically, since the guy died).

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Rant, I believe that the story you are relating to is going to be a part of the new show, they are supposed to be interviewing the wife of the guy who claimed to be the parachuting thief.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Famous story on DB Cooper.
www.courttv.com...

It spawned a movie, The Pursuit of D.B. Cooper.

Here is the Florida man that cliamed to be him.

Dozens of men have confessed to loved ones that they are Cooper, and the FBI has quietly checked out a number of them. The identities of a few have made their way into the media, often posthumously.

In 1995, for example, Duane Weber, a Florida antiques dealer who was dying of kidney disease, told his wife, "I'm Dan Cooper." After Weber died, his widow found a hidden wallet that indicated the man had had a previous life as one John C. Collins. His resume of wrongdoing included a bad conduct discharge from the Navy and six prison sentences, one of them served 20 miles from Sea-Tac Airport. The widow claimed Weber took her on an unexplained "sentimental journey" in 1979 to a remote place in the woods of Clark County, Washington. She said the husband looked like the Cooper sketch, knew Seattle well, smoked cigarettes, drank bourbon, and sometimes talked in his sleep about aft stairs and fingerprints.

This link gives the HUGE story.
www.crimelibrary.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Hi all. Interestingly, I knew Duane Weber quite well. As a kid, he would pay me and some friends to do odd jobs, like cut his grass and rake his yard. He had a house under a lot of big oak trees, so the back yard was normally deep in leaves. Only after his death, and hearing of his confession, certain little memories stood out. Normally no matter the job, he wouldn't pay us much attention, but when it came to the back yard, he would be close at hand, watching us through a window or doorway. When cutting the front, he would even leave and run errands. Another oddity I noticed is that he would keep the back yard gate locked. While most stories claim that Mr. Weber, if he were in fact Dan Cooper, had buried the money after his landing in Washington, maybe he had some of it buried in his yard. I am sure we will never know.

Another thing about him is that he would be in his antique shop one day, saying maybe he should close it because business was bad and he was broke, then days later he would show up with nice new antiques, and one time, I am told, a new car (yet he was broke). I watched the program on Discovery, and it disappointed me that nothing was mentioned about his lifestyle and odd character. Not mentioned were the fact Duane Weber wouldn't talk to his wife about his past. At his death, she knew very little about him, other then the 17 years they were married. Another thing not mentioned is that he always had a bad knee. Mr. Weber told his wife he got the injury jumping from a plane.

I don't know, nor do I think positively, that Duane Weber was Dan "DB" Cooper, but the evidence makes for very interesting thinking. Just wanted to add my insight into this little discussion. Thanks for reading.

Dan

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Duane weber was DB cooper for sure thats all there is to it and unsolved history presented some evidence of it.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
They had 6 hours of shoe on him yesterday, 3 in the afternoon 3 at night. It was good.

top topics

join