It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Furious Greeks press for country to default on debt

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
If they don't pay the debt we'll just take few of them nice islands they have. We could use a colony resort

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ukWolf
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

I recently read an article about Libyas ability to sustain it's self, it was further discussed here on ATS

AboveTopSecret

The source article here

Source

Possibly the alternative has been proposed in America already, if you've not read or heard about H.R. 6550 you may well be stunned, especially if you are in favour of a return to states banking and the end of the US Fed. Introduced in December 2010 with no chance of being approved, it remains on the books so to speak until a time it may be called / needed. Well worth the read.

H.R. 6550

Sorry for taking ages lol my internet failed on me.

Well it would appear that the whole humanitarian excuse is BS.

I knew i read somewhere that libya had plans on creating its own currency. I did'nt realise what effect it would have on the dollar.

Now im just trying to work out how the rebels were persuaded to start the rebellion in the first place. Do you think they even know what there fighting for? obviously someone does for them to set up there own central bank.

i dont know why non of this surprises me actually. I wonder how long it will be before we start to deal with Iran and north korea in the same way. Iran will be first on the list. I can see the CIA and MI6 agents now working furiously to try and spark up another uprising.

Every day i love my Gov more and more.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Could the "rebels" be tribal / clan leaders being lured with iraq and afganistan style democracy, Gadaffi has ruled alone for 40 years, i'm sure it's put a lot of peoples noses out of joint over there.

Of course its the status that will be afforded these clan / tribal leaders and the cash and kudos that they really desire i'd say, if it turned out to be the case.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ukWolf

Well if thats the case the whole Democracy excuse is dead in the water aswell. As soon as these clan leaders get a taste of power they wont let go, and because they're dancing to our tune. We wont get in their way. So on that basis were looking at another afghanistan.

It gives you a sick feeling when you see it all playing out and you see the stooges at the BBC spewing the same BS. Knowing that the majority of the country is lapping it up nicely.

Makes you angry.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Now would we take military action against all those countrys that drop out or refuse to pay their debts. Probably not because it would cost us a hell of a lot of money for very little reward. I think the sytem could continue without the countrys in question, thats just my oppinion.

Excuse me. But what? Sorry I mustn't have read that well. Who is gonna invade who? The UK is gonna invade let's say Spain? Or perhaps Greece? Or Italy?

Or perhaps NATO is gonna attack one of these countries... Hmm... Then things would get really goin'...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
To further support my theories presented in my OP, check this article out -

World Bank president: 'One shock away from crisis'

The president of the World Bank has warned that the world is "one shock away from a full-blown crisis".

It's definitely crunch time.

The Revenant.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

Lyrics to Metallica "King Nothing
"
Wish I may, wish I might
Have this I wish tonight
Are you satisfied?
Dig for gold, dig for fame
You dig to make your name
Are you pacified?

All the wants you waste
All the things you've chased

Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown
And you point your finger
But there's no one around
Just want one thing
Just to play the king
But the castle's crumbled
And you're left with just a name

Where's your crown, King Nothing?
Where's your crown?

Hot and cold, bought and sold
A heart as hard as gold
Are you satisfied?
Wish I might, wish I may
You wish your life away
Are you pacified?

All the wants you waste
All the things you've chased

Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown
Just want one thing
Just to play the king

Where's your crown?

I wish I may, I wish I might
Have this wish I wish tonight
I want that star, I want it now
I want it all and I don't care how

Careful what you wish
Careful what you say
Careful what you wish, you may regret it
Careful what you wish, you just might get

Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown
Just want one thing
Just to play the king

Nothing

You're just nothing
You're just nothing
Absolutely nothing

Off to never-never land

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Nobody would attack spain, greece or italy because theres nothing to gain from doing it. Unless they've got some sly oil reserves we dont know about.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant
To further support my theories presented in my OP, check this article out -

World Bank president: 'One shock away from crisis'

The president of the World Bank has warned that the world is "one shock away from a full-blown crisis".

It's definitely crunch time.

The Revenant.

Its been crunch time for decades, thats why this crisis has ran so deep. I still dont think it will happen anytime soon. As long as theres oil there will be a sytem.

A finacial sytem based on constant growth was always doomed to fail eventually. I recon we've still go a couple of decades to run yet though. Once all these wars were in now settle down and as long as everything works out the way the west plans it to. Then the situation will settle down for a while.

That is unless some kind of NWO agenda comes in to play and all that comes with it. Depopulation things like that. Theres people who can fill you in on this stuff better than i can.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Wow who'd a thunkit?
that the greeks would get so Irate
when the banker has the rubber boots...

go figure...
they were fattened up for the slaughter by derivatives....
I guess that derivitives suck when they are created
( look at the mortgage situation in the US )
AND when they are sold...(the other end of the pipeline...)

wow
THAT is financial innovation.
edit on 17-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Whatever is being to Greece is being done on purpose.

The credit rating agency (Standard & Poor) downgraded the Greece government's credit rating to BB+, which means the entire country is ‘junk’ or about as trusted as a bum. By changing their rating to ‘garbage’ they are forcing Greece to borrow even more money at absurd interest rates from the IMF and E.U. The higher their borrowing costs, the harder it is for the Greek economy to grow itself out of trouble. Thus, they are purposely trying to make the problem worse and put them more in debt.

When they drop your credit rating so much it means investors lost confidence in the Greek government's ability to pay back what they borrow, but by demanding ever higher rates of interest to compensate for the risk that they might not get their money back, THEY ARE FORCING GREECE INTO BANKRUPCTY AND THUS ENSURING THAT THEY WILL NEVER GET THEIR MONEY BACK!!!

The Greeks, E.U., IMF, World Bank, and the rest of the world could solve this problem if they changed the Greeks credit rating back to something they afford to pay the interest on because the only reason they are only going to default completely on their debt is because their interest payments are so goddman high! I mean, I know their government's corruption and spending was the initial cause of the problem, but if they restructured their interest rates to something reasonable the majority of this crisis could have been averted.

edit on 17-4-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

All they had to do is apply osterity measures like the U.K is now and show that they were willing to get there defeciet sorted, but instead they decided not pay the debt thus causing there credit rating to drop. If they cant guarentee any loans then thats there fault.

The icelandic people are'nt willing to meet such osterity measures so they had no chance anyways. Its the same with the greeks right now. Only time will tell whether spain and portugal go the same way.
edit on 17/4/11 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

What can I say?

GO Iceland! GO Greece!

...and then let's take back all the money and gold those greedy banksters stole from us!

S&F&

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Of course they will,because the Euro has to crash at the same Time the Dollar goes,so a (new) One World Currency can be introduced (already happening and widely talked about) and implemented.

With the Disaster in Japan (which i don´t think was man-made,but is a good thing for the Elite´s Plan to work (Japan´s Economy was #ed up even before)) and the Unrest in the Middle East (to implement Western-controlled Banks and pro-Western Goverments) the Pieces on the Chess Board are almost all in Place.

Why do you think Jobs and Production were destroyed in America and given to China? Because as it is now,China´s Economy relies on their Export to Europe and America to stay up...which will crash if both go Boom.

I´m not sure what Role Russia plays in all of this,but considering that they are exporting huge Amount of Gas and Oil,their Economy could take a huge Hit too.

There is more,but i would have to create my own Thread to show you the Full Picture (and i´m to lazy for that honestly). Suffice to say,this coming crash is by Design,and its becoming more visible and easier to see as the Days go by.

One World Currency isn´t a conspirancy anymore,its a Fact.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by fltcui
The way I understand it would happen is to take all their short term debt, i.e., 2yr, 5yr, 10yr notes and turn them into 30yr notes. The debt would still be there just moved way down the road. This is still considered a default because they didn't pay the notes on the original due dates but moved them much further out.

I had a 20 yr mortgage on my house.
When I called the bank to ask them
to extend the loan so I could make a
lower payment, they told me to f' off.
And my check sent to them for a lesser
amount than what was owed was returned.
6 months later I got a notice to vacate
said premises which they repossessed.
Banks have no heart and don't give a
chit about you or me. I also had a car
repossessed in the late 80's by GMAC
due to the exact same reason. The terror
tactics implored by these banks are ruthless.
And I will not have a heart for them when they
fall on their @r$e as well. Debt is terrorism.
And don't forget the IRS comes next after
the banks have bled you dry. I bet many
of you do not know that if your house is
repossessed and sold by the banks and they
send you a bill for the difference left on the loan.
If the bank writes that off to bad debt, then you
the former homeowner have to claim it as income
on your taxes and pay taxes to the IRS for your gain.
What a f' up system we have. You're screwed
by the system from the day you were born.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The Greeks needs to settle the debt and pay the bills. I think its unbelievable they would consider not paying Europe back.

The UK borrowed big from the USA during WW2 and we repaid the debt. Greece must do the same.
edit on 17-4-2011 by mysteriousdan because: no reason

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon

Of course they will,because the Euro has to crash at the same Time the Dollar goes,so a (new) One World Currency can be introduced (already happening and widely talked about) and implemented.

With the Disaster in Japan (which i don´t think was man-made,but is a good thing for the Elite´s Plan to work (Japan´s Economy was #ed up even before)) and the Unrest in the Middle East (to implement Western-controlled Banks and pro-Western Goverments) the Pieces on the Chess Board are almost all in Place.

Why do you think Jobs and Production were destroyed in America and given to China? Because as it is now,China´s Economy relies on their Export to Europe and America to stay up...which will crash if both go Boom.

I´m not sure what Role Russia plays in all of this,but considering that they are exporting huge Amount of Gas and Oil,their Economy could take a huge Hit too.

There is more,but i would have to create my own Thread to show you the Full Picture (and i´m to lazy for that honestly). Suffice to say,this coming crash is by Design,and its becoming more visible and easier to see as the Days go by.

Something i forget. The Goal right now is NOT to crash the Euro,but to weaken it enough for it to crash when the US Default´s,which should happen pretty soon...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon

You should definatley make that thread. I for one would find it very interesting. All ive got regarding the NWO is little snippets here and there with nothing to tie it all together. Of course the fact that i know nothing means i cant just accept your word for it so it would be nice to hear other people point of view.

Let me know if you do decide to make one.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Sorry to hear that man, unfortunatley your not the only one.

I could'nt agree more. Were born in to the sytsem and raised to be enslaved by the system which then spits you out once your all used and abused.

Im not looking forward to the fallout when it all come falling down but i'll take solice in the fact that we'll all be in the same boat.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
We let the banks become what they are. They charge us to send us codes so that we can do our own banking, which we also pay for. We pay them to utilize their services while they make money on our balance over and over. Is there even really any money? I don't think there really is. What happens when they outlaw cash? They will simply control us, body and soul. If they don't like what we're doing, they shut us out. How will our lives be then?

We should all default on all of our credit. We should just show them who is boss. We are. We can still keep our money in our socks, our mattresses, or in a jar on the shelf behind the Saltines. Just be brave and do it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join