It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putting It All Together: A theory of historical proportions involving WA,ID,MT,WY,NV,OR and CA.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
More deep tremors yesterday, again clustered at the southern end.

I notice that some of the series of tremors follow straight lines east to west. In my mind I am imagining sticky points that are being dragged along, grabbing and letting go. Does that make sense?

One of those deep tremors occurred only a few hundred yards from my home on the 17th, very curious.

Also there were a few on the north west flank of Mt. Shasta. Since I've only known about this map for a short while I don't know if it is a normal occurrence there, but ANY activity around that majestic mountain gives me the willies.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Thousands of dead fish found in Ventura Harbor (Los Angeles):

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

This isn't quite the size of the sardine fish kill in Rendono Beach last month, but keep in mind that the Japan mega thrust quake and tsunami happened 3 days after that event.

Not saying that another mega quake is on the horizon but this is definitely something to keep an eye on given the seismic activity in Nevada and other hot spots along the west coast. There was also a small EQ yesterday in San Francisco bay right on the San Andreas fault...

edit on 19-4-2011 by Disconnected Sociopath because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Disconnected Sociopath

There was also a small EQ yesterday in San Francisco bay right on the San Andreas fault...

Actually it was not directly on the San Andreas fault, it was just west of it. They made a point of that on the local news last night.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bishop2199

Excellent work. Thank you.

On looking into the dates further I believe 1720 may be an error. It seems that 1479/80 was the period before 1800. Not sure where Wikipedia got that one.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by czygyny

Makes sense. If you are looking at what appears to be a 'line', I think this is where the array ends, hence the cutt-off. One of the things that got me to thinking. The deep tremors obviously don't end there, but seem to be strongest right where it stops.

I am wondering...have you ever noticed a rumbling sound, seeing as how close to the tremors you are? You may want to take a look at my rumbling thread. I have always thought there was a connection.

@Bishop: excellent! I am thinking even more now (dangerous thing)...I really am going to dig into things tonight and finish the map. Been a very busy day and my arm/body are NOT liking the tetanus shot I got talked into.

I don't like the dead fish story, that always seems to be a harrbringer of bad news...usually quake style.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

These dots line up both E-W and N-S, in fact connecting all of those dots make a handy, evenly spaced grid. Perhaps it is a shortcoming to the detection technology. < shrugs shoulders >

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/635ee248ef72.jpg[/atsimg]

Yes...I have heard unexplained rumbling over time. I live close to a quarry, so I know what their blasts sound like, but I've heard incredibly deep cave-in sound one night. I am outside a lot (sleep outside during summer) so I will pay careful attention to what I can hear and correlate it with the maps.
edit on 4/19/2011 by czygyny because: forgot to answer a question

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by czygyny

Honestly, I have never zoomed in that close on them before...I guess because they aren't happening as close to me! Great observation. I would imagine the locating program for these tremors would be set up the same as for quakes with long/lat so those should be real.

Looks like another good cluster again today once more on the southern edge.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Today's map shows a strong and definite line which closely corresponds with the Trinity river and two good sized reservoirs.

And yes, when it looks like its in your back yard you zoom in close!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8f5044dfc069.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by czygyny

Wow...we are definitely thinking along the same 'lines'.

I put this map together a couple of hours ago...working on several things, but this one was quick. I saw the same thing as you....what seems to be a line and migration from NW to SE. I did a plot of the past three days activities, marked what seems to be the center of both 'ends and then tried to draw a straight line. Guess where it leads?

....Mammoth Lakes. Note the red X above it marking the Hawthorne swarm.
edit on 19-4-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Question...
How unusual is it for Yellowstone to be so quiet???
I know there was a small swarm there last week (6 eq's in less than 30 min), but since then there have only been 2, both only about a 1 mag.
Should we be watching this a little more closely? Especially with the temperature readings doing what they are up there...
I've always heard "Don't worry about Yellowstone until it goes quiet".....
I don't hear a thing

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Very well done all of you that have put this together. So, I have a few questions for you experts. I know minimal information about the faults and eqs and such (Especially out east here), but something has been bugging me for a while.

1. If the calderas do go, or something big ruptures out there, would it be strong enough to shift North America on the east coast? Could it potentially set off the New Madrid fault as well?

2. Going off the idea that it COULD, would it be enough to cause a shift big enough to swallow up the east coast?

Now, I have been told, I don't know how true it is, but it was said if there is a tsunami from europe or africa or anything in between, that the Mid-Atlantic Ridge would basically slow it down or even stop it. How true is this?

I ask this because, going off of the maps of what the future USA would look like, something significant would have to happen to cause the east coast to be swallowed by water, yes?

Thanks in advance!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Westcoast you may find this link interesting.

Heartbeats of Mt. St. Helens

There are recordings of seismic disturbances that are so slow in frequency that it needs to be sped up 30X to hear them. Perhaps these are related to tremor activity. They are best heard with good headphones. I liken them to the sounds of metal when it heats up, the rhythmical 'ticking' or in this case 'booming' of expansion.
edit on 4/20/2011 by czygyny because: spelling

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by czygyny

I love when you guys post up these amazing sounds of our planet!
Thanks so much for this link!

I have to say this is my fave... Heartbeat

SOOOOO COOL!

The "wailing" makes me think of the tsunami sirens going off in Japan.......

edit on 20-4-2011 by avatar22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatar22
reply to post by czygyny

The "wailing" makes me think of the tsunami sirens going off in Japan.......

edit on 20-4-2011 by avatar22 because: (no reason given)

The gentleman who runs the site *hinted* at secret high-speed underground magnetic railways. < wink, wink >

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
What you are in need of, in your outline, is that discrete time event, of which you mention scientists are continually narrowing the range of. The creeping/rumbling/earthquake thing can go on forever and ever and you will die in obscurity, unless you get the big one, but I applaud your efforts.

The whole thing is headed East, you say. I'd guess there's tension across the whole land surface as well. Criminal eco-terrosist and Mother Fracker dick durbin, of Illinois, just delivered his state's water tables to the powerful gas lobby. There was some blurb about it on channel 7, I believe, as I monotored them this morning on my screen. How much he pocketed isn't clear. We got one guy stamping out anti-carcinogenic cannabis in the face and fallout of a nuclear cataclysm, and one guy doing in the water, here in Illinois. HELPPPP!!!!! dirtbin has also has introduced 'let's tax the internet' legislation. This is why feds are taking out privacy, poker and other internet freedoms. Sickos can't change the name 'fracking' quickly enough (listen for the term 'unconvential gas' before that synonym is also pulled). Something's up, because if they're willing to destroy the water tables, which means any future water that touches it (since water mixes), then a deliberate politically endorsed catastrophe seems right up their alley. How are we supposed to LIVE without water?

My point is that with fracking, all that land surface 'structure' is reduced, allowing the tension to make progress that much faster. I'm no geologist, but if you crumble all the shale formations....that is the same as removing structure.

Perhaps fracking is the root cause of the lightning quick progress the subduction zones are showing?

A lot of little things can and will add up to one big thing. I guess they're experimenting, is all. It's their world.

Excellent research.
edit on 20-4-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Wow....anyone else got the feeling that something big is about to pop???

MAP 2.8 2011/04/21 04:52:29 32.346 -115.507 3.3 BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO
MAP 3.1 2011/04/21 04:47:20 32.547 -116.028 7.6 BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO
MAP 3.5 2011/04/21 04:46:10 32.354 -115.548 8.1 BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO
MAP 2.6 2011/04/21 04:45:15 32.390 -115.565 0.1 BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO
MAP 3.6 2011/04/21 04:39:24 32.380 -115.555 3.1 BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO
MAP 3.3 2011/04/21 04:38:33 32.366 -115.552 4.4 BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO
MAP 3.8 2011/04/21 04:25:05 31.117 -115.843 0.0 BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO
MAP 4.0 2011/04/21 04:11:16 32.365 -115.550 5.3 BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO
MAP 2.9 2011/04/21 03:50:32 32.372 -115.556 0.2 BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO

That's nine in an hour and on land vs. in the gulf as we have been seeing in that region lately.

source

THIS map is looking a bit scary right now.

editby]edit on 21-4-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Another big day for tremors. All 235 once again being cut off at the Southern end. I did another time-plot for the past week and it very clearly shows a NW to SE migration. I would REALLY like to know the whole picture on this. How far SE do they go and what does it mean? Does it tie into Mammoth lakes, the hawthorne swarm or the swarm now occuring down in Southern Cali/Mexico? I suspect the subduction zone follows these tremors. It is so obvious. This means that the subduction zone DOES continue SE right through the MIDDLE of California, basically cutting it in half. The question then, is where does it go after that? I think it takes a turn to the south and right through the Gulf of California, Mexico.

ETA: This is what I am talking about. (the red lines indicate the present somewhat accepted location)

edit on 21-4-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I just read your OP after you mentioned it in my quake and volcano prediction thread...

Wow! seriously... all I can say is wow! Amazing that your theory isn't common knowledge; certainly seems plausable and common sense! and now a little spooky that a proven channeler has predicted something right along these lines.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Where you have placed your bottom red line, near the Oregon/Cali borders, that area intrigues me. Reading True American's take on the triple junction theories in Japan, I look at the junction of the San Andreas fault, Juan De Fuca and the Mendocino zones and wonder why there is not more movement in that region. Couple that with where the subduction zone supposedly ends - just north of the this area, and I can't help but get the feeling that if a major shift happened in that area, that it would be very bad.
Your path for the subduction zone makes sense as it pretty much covers the volcanic chain.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
OK Westcoast, take a look at this ...
What if there are 2 "rivers", not just one?
Canada
This map shows the past 30 days of eq activity in the western portion of Canada. If you look closely you can see 2 distinct "lines" of activity. If you then compare that image to the current USGS map
USGS
you can see that the lines continue through the US and converge in the southern portion of CA.
The Western "river" runs along your current line, the Eastern "river" runs THROUGH Yellowstone and south of the NV swarm and connects in with the current swarms in the So Cal region.
Maybe you are right to be worrying about Mexicali???

(

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join