It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putting It All Together: A theory of historical proportions involving WA,ID,MT,WY,NV,OR and CA.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Disconnected Sociopath

Following increased volcanic activity, earthquake activity will increase in California as well as the area between the south of Nevada and Salt Lake.

I found this from Edgar Cayce that refers to Vesuvius and Pelle. Does anyone know if there has been greater activity on Vesuvius or Pelle recently?

Source

"If there is the greater activities in the Vesuvius, or Pelee then the southern coast of California and the areas between Salt lake and the southern portions of Nevada may expect within the three months following same, an inundation by the earthquakes."

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by Disconnected Sociopath

Thank you for the map. This may seem odd, but I have never really looked at or studied his work. I have seen this before (and may have even used it or one similar to it) on the arkansas thread, when talking about the new madrid but I didn't pay attention to the west coast, as I was focused on Arkansas. (ironic, eh?)

I have to say, it is a bit eerie. The new coast line pretty much follows the accepted location of the Cascadian subduction zone AND where I (and obviously others) think it continues on. Now, also taking into consideration the very important underground aquifer locations (kro23 suggested?) and it makes this map even more plausible. If there were to be a major rupture (like on what happened on the seafloor of Japan, only bigger) the saturation of the land would come into play BIG time. Also, if there ARE a network of plumes these would obviously be impacted and perhaps set off a chainreaction, further leading to the end result as shown in the map.

I just got an email from an ATS member providing a link to a heat flow map. (many thanks!) Here is the link to the map of North America:

heat flow map

It comes from the: Global Heat Flow Database of The International Heat Flow Commission

here
So I think it is reliable.

Compare the red for the states in my hot springs map. As I said before and will say again, I only mapped out the hottest ones...there are many, many more. Interesting.

I have to say too that I am really enjoying some of the other discussions about topics I have never heard of. Do they tie in? Who knows. We WON'T know however if we never consider it!

I have always been a skeptic of Caycee and other so called prophets and psychics until recently.

One thing about Caycee though that many skeptics don't realize is that former presidents and government offices have consulted him in the past before his death.

Here is the US Navy flood zone map, notice the similarities to Caycee's s future USA map in terms area of innudation:

Now speaking of psychics, here's one I've been watching very closely the last few years ever since he accurately predicted Michael Jacksons death before it happened. He also predicted what is currently unfolding in Japan right now with the mega quake/tsunami/nuclear disaster. Here is what he says about a major EQ happening in CA this year:

spiritmanjoseph.blogspot.com...

"For years I have been having feelings and visions of a quake that will occur in mid state of California that would be felt from hundreds of miles away. This Earthquake I keep seeing would be the largest recorded earthquake, damage wise, than ever before. The Earth shakes so hard that it cause large cracks and sinkholes that swallow up structures, buildings and even people. One crack is so large that it literally begins to fill rapidly with water therefore causing part of the state to break up in several places and creating new rivers and other bodies of water."

What stands out the most to me about this prediction is the fact that he says 'mid state of california' - let's see where are these NV quakes happening right now? Not far from the middle of CA.

He also talks about part of the state breaking up and forming new bodies of water - the last time Long Valley supervolcanoe erupted 700,000 years ago it formed Mammouth mountain, lake tahoe, yosemite national park and the surrounding geography in central/NE cali and Nevada.

Bottom line - I think it's time that we all start paying attention to some of these predictions because they may be reality in the not so distant future.....

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
i'd imagine the chamber extends up into BC as well, we have hot springs at Harrison Lake as well as the Garibaldi Volcanic belt.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Westcoast...
just a link you may find helpful, not sure if you've seen it before...
This Dynamic Planet
FULL of info around the world that could possibly help to piece this puzzle together!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

After reading through this thread, as well as, 15 pages, so far, in the Long Valley Supervolcano Thread, I saw a possible historical connection that I wanted to put forth. Mt. St. Helens erupted in 1980. At the same time, we see increased activity in the Long Valley Caldera.

The most intense of these swarms began in May 1980 and included four strong magnitude 6 shocks, three of which struck on the same day. Immediately following these shocks, scientists from the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) began a reexamination of the Long Valley area and detected other evidence of unrest—a dome-like uplift in the caldera. Their measurements showed that the center of the caldera had risen almost a foot since the summer of 1979, after decades of stability. This continuing swelling, which by early 2000 totaled nearly 2.5 feet and affects more than 100 square miles, is caused by new magma rising beneath the caldera.

Source

Now that we are seeing swarming activity in the LV caldera and suspect activity in the Pacific Northwest, could this be an indicator of something to come soon?

I suppose if we could reference historical correlations between the two locations at the previous eruptions of Mt. St. Helens, we would have more basis for drawing conclusions. Anyone up to the challenge? Is the seismic data even available?

Be Well.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Bishop2199 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by avatar22

I am LOVING that map!! Never seen it before. Note the 'under-the-water' coastline along the westcoast, specifically Washington? Amazing map. Thank you!!

I out together a map about a week ago for my washington state thread where I mapped out all major quakes along the subduction zone in the past ten years and then literally connected the dots. It matches up perfectly with the deep tremor map. I originally thew out the quakes in northern/eastern california since the cascadian subduction zone supposedely ends prior to that. I am going to re-do the map, add those other quakes and then connect THOSE dots. We'll see what we get...but I think I already know.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bishop2199

Very interesting indeed. I have said in the past on other threads that the mega quakes seem to answer each other historically and also the last known major eruptions of the cascade volcanos. If I get time tonight (too busy this afternoon) I should ago ahead and just lay it all out there. It'll take some time and I am already undertaking my new map idea...but I'll get it done tonight. I know where to get the cascade info, shouldn't be too hard to get the other, caldera info too. Thanks for the push!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Living on the west coast, earthquakes have always been normal to me. I used to get a kick out of them...until 1989. Fast forward and I still live on the west coast but in a different state. There have been many small quakes here and there that the locals are getting concerned about. It's not normal for where they live. And if you look at the USGS map and whats cracking up in Nevada, I'd say that we're in for a big one. The fault line from Alaska to Norcal is over due. I don't think it will happen right now, but I give it 3-5 yrs and we will get hit.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

SO glad I could be of some help!

Can't wait to see what you can make of it all!! I knew it looked similar to the map you had posted earlier and had hoped that there might be more dots to connect...

Interesting the "swarm" in the NV area don't ya think.....

edit on 18-4-2011 by avatar22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Well, I must say, that was a great call.

Cause look at this:

In May 1980, a strong earthquake swarm that included four Richter magnitude 6 earthquakes struck the southern margin of Long Valley Caldera associated with a 10 inch (25-cm), dome-shaped uplift of the caldera floor.[3][4] These events marked the onset of the latest period of caldera unrest that continues to this day.[3] This ongoing unrest includes recurring earthquake swarms and continued dome-shaped uplift of the central section of the caldera (the resurgent dome) accompanied by changes in thermal springs and gas emissions.[3] After the quake another road was created as an escape route. Its name at first was proposed as the "Mammoth Escape Route" but was changed to the Mammoth Scenic Loop after Mammoth area businesses and land owners complained.

And St. Helens? May 18th, 1980, the massive explosive eruption.

en.wikipedia.org...

Coincidence?

As you can see, someone may finally be putting it all together.

Good thread wc!

So, if that's the case, and the two are connected...Then I wonder how St. Helens is doing right about now with the activity close to LV. I might just check on that...

ETA: Hmmmm.....
www.pnsn.org...
edit on Mon Apr 18th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

You know what TA, someone at the begining of the thread supplied links to graphs on Helens. I had already noted them (I check them daily) and had meant to comment but forgot. (sorry to whoever posted it)

I had written it off as local noise or interference since it wasn't showing up on anything else and was so....strange. Not your typical sig for anything I have ever seen. There is tons of recordings available on the PNSN site for previous HT and its nothing like that. That ofcourse doesn't mean it isn't something. Glad you are looking at it...let me know what you come up with.

OH, and your thread on Long Valley is excellent. I am begining to think more and more that it IS all connected and everyone just keeps providing more evidence of it. Amazing.

So what do you think? Could there be a subduction zone under there driving this swarm? Could you imagine what THAT would mean to that line of calderas????

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bishop2199
Now that we are seeing swarming activity in the LV caldera and suspect activity in the Pacific Northwest, could this be an indicator of something to come soon?

I suppose if we could reference historical correlations between the two locations at the previous eruptions of Mt. St. Helens, we would have more basis for drawing conclusions. Anyone up to the challenge? Is the seismic data even available?

Be Well.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Bishop2199 because: (no reason given)

Posts like this one reaffirm my faith in ATS. This entire thread, really. The amount of collaboration between WC and various members has been truly amazing to watch. I still don't know where I stand on this whole situation, but have yet to see an argument that was not based in some type of scientific idea that is not completely off in left field. No confusing of various fault types (unless I missed it) and no confusing laws of physics or any other laws that govern the way things are done.

Way to go ATS! I wish my post had more substance than calling attention to a job well done, but sadly I am no expert in any matters relating to this. I guess back to lurking this thread I go...

Again, great job and wonderful to see such collaboration.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
You might be interested in this one here - Earthquake List for Map Centered at 39°N, 122°W. …clvf55 pointed it out to me - shows 76 EQ there today so far - all around 1-2.5 M, and all very shallow - 2-3 km deep.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d726a0a59aaf.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I believe that is known as The Geysers and they always have lots of activity. Rather normal for them.
edit on 4/18/2011 by czygyny because: spelling

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by czygyny

Thanks. clvf55 pointed it out here, and I posted the map for him. Shoulda paid better attention. Am always half asleep by this time of day.

edit on 18/4/11 by soficrow because: phr

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

It is a great idea and well spotted. Unfortunately I doubt that any significant earthquake records exist for 1857, 1800, 1720 or earlier. I will take a look and see if I can find anything but somehow I doubt anything will be available for Long Valley for those years.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Starred/flagged/bumped and mucho kudos. This is a fantastic thread (that I am still reading through) but so far, am very impressed with the information and links that have been pulled together.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Nowt but a bit of wind

B201.PB..EHZ.2011.108
B203.PB..EHZ.2011.108
B204.PB..EHZ.2011.108
EDM.UW..EHZ.2011.108
HSR.UW..EHZ.2011.108
This one is bit more interesting than the others SHW.UW..EHZ.2011.108
SWFL and B202 don't want to play but at least B203 is back on line again.

Edit to say: I pulled the sound on SHW from 19:00 to 23:23. Nothing to hear of any consequence.
edit on 18/4/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
sorry I didn't get those maps done yet...some other things that had to be taken care of.

The Nevada swarm still seems to be going strong this morning and the small seismic activity is picking back up again my way. More deep tremors yesterday, again clustered at the southern end.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

It is a great idea and well spotted. Unfortunately I doubt that any significant earthquake records exist for 1857, 1800, 1720 or earlier. I will take a look and see if I can find anything but somehow I doubt anything will be available for Long Valley for those years.

I did some further looking for historical records regarding those years. Here is what I found:

1857 - Fort Tejon earthquake

The Fort Tejon earthquake of 1857 was one of the greatest earthquakes ever recorded in the U.S., and left an amazing surface rupture scar over 350 kilometers in length along the San Andreas fault.

Source

1800 - San Juan Bautista earthquake

This incident was reported in a letter of Capt. of Presidio of Monterey, to Gov. Arrillaga, on the 31st of Oct., 1800:

I have to inform your Excellency that the Mission of San Juan Bautista, since the 11th inst., has been visited by severe earthquakes; that Pedro Andriano Martinez, one of the Fathers of said Mission, has informed me that, during one day, there were six severe shocks; that there is not a single habitation, although built with double walls, that has not been injured from roof to foundation, and that all are threatened with ruin; and that the Fathers are compelled to sleep in wagons to avoid danger, since the houses are not habitable.

Source

The letter continues with additional details of increased seismic activity. Very interesting reading.

Although I have not yet located a historical record for 1720, those two historical records regarding the seismic activity in the West during the same period that Mt. St. Helens erupted lends additional credence to the theory that the seismic activity of the Pacific Northwest is linked to the seismic activity in the California areas.

Be Well.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join