It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putting It All Together: A theory of historical proportions involving WA,ID,MT,WY,NV,OR and CA.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Fantastic thread Westcoast! I love people that can think big! Your theory seems plausible to me. I just got back from a trip in that area, and before the trip I like to research the area I'm going to visit. The Washington state and Oregon area is so interesting, wonderful diversity, and punctuated by those large volcanic mountains! I watched the videos on YouTube on Mount St. Helens and was amazed!

Since everything is connected, do you also think these new swarms of activity are due to the Japan quakes? Drop a pebble into a pond theory? I know the relative force would be very diminished, but they are still having quakes there, and could it be disturbing the big sleeping giant?

Anyway, lovely thread, I thoroughly enjoying reading it! Gonna add you to my "friends" so I can keep track of your threads! Haha!

And, also btw your area of the country is stunningly beautiful, I sincerely hope none of your theories ever comes to pass! Take care Westcoast!

xxxx
Prax

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I'll add this one along with CLPrime as this one is for the state. www.ecy.wa.gov... Second verse same as the first.
edit on 17-4-2011 by Silverado292 because: Second line, would this count as a third line?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Thank you for that. First thing that jumps out at me is that there is one HUGE one sitting right under that swarm in Nevada. (central valley aquifer system) Hmmmm....

There are also two that meet up under the olympic peninsula and puget sound. I have never looked at such a map. VERY interesting! Now, what could these mean in the given theory/scenario?

I just realized I haven't yet put a link to my favorite quake map site:

PNSN ReQ2

I highly recomend you select the plot EQ's by depth button. Helps you to understand where the quakes are coming from.

Here is the same map of california: (warning, it is takes a bunch of memory)

NEVADA SWARM

For those whose computers can't support it, I took a screen shot showin the depth ploted:

You can see a clear line of the deeper quakes.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Praxilla

Glad you enjoyed it! Yes, I very much believe that the Japan quake would/should/shall have an impact somewhere on the ring of fire. Last time they had a mega thrust quake (about 300 years ago) it was in answer to the one over here on the cascadia subduction zone.

I have seen the pattern of yin -and- yang, give and take cause and affect with large quakes. That something hasn't given yet is concerning.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well, I've learned a few new things about the geological activity of my area which I thought up till now that was rather tame and quiet! The last earthquake of any note we had in Redding was a 5.2M in 1996 and after that I did learn a lot about quakes...but...I didn't know about the deep tremor maps, of which I am very grateful to have now.

It would seem like all is not so sleepy and calm here in the far north state, and when you have a sister to Mt.St.Helens at one end (Mt. Shasta) and Lassen Peak on another with evidence of volcanic and igneous rocks everywhere, and even cold sulpher springs right around my own property, it makes me a bit less confident of our safe haven.

I heard the most extraordinary deep cave-in type sounds once, while laying out in my hammock at night a couple of years ago...nothing like the limestone quarry blasts that regularly leaves a little box on the map. It was a deep and unsettling sound, and without a clue to its meaning.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

You're observation is good - but limited in scope.

Magma is a natural by-product of electrical interaction of plates. All plates are charged or polarized. As the plates grind, magma is produced. The reason for magma is to create an electrical seal or bond between the two plates. The bond is temporary and in terms of thousand of years, maybe more or less...

What you're really observing is an electrical interaction.

I don't believe anyone on ATS understands the electrical importance of this interaction; everyone seems to miss electrical arching observed and photographed during volcanic eruptions.
edit on 17-4-2011 by iballs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This is great info(starred and flagged), great because of myself being a local to the area. I've been wondering more lately on what kind of threat, if any is posed more inland in this area of the country beyond the notable active volcanoes and the Yellowstone Caldera.
Shows small quakes near the Western sides of WA and OR.
www.pnsn.org...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Technically something has given the planet sped up and the axial tilt moved,pretty awesome by any means,since chile last year and japan the day is now 3.06 microseconds shorter,thats not insignificant, neither is the axial tilt and the prior warning of the sun rising two days early in greenland this year,we were well informed,nature tells us by global physical manifestations.Piece them together along with proximity to sun (distance)and lunar conjunctions.
There will be a increas in volcanic activity at furthest point away from sun,late may through to august,post rebound of gravitational contraction.
Waiting for the next perturberance of sun earth,probably next december ,january,yet another 1.25 microseconds of the day.
Evolving well..cyclically.
Chill gringo

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'll be honest, I did not read all that. I am assuming it has some reference to the yellowstone caldera in some way. Yes, the yellowstone caldera is gonna blow, either may 6th, or farther down around september. I'm leaning more towards september.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Being from Idaho I have often thought upon entering Round Valley, which is not a town but a round valley near McCall, this looks like a cauldron. Idaho is so volcanic, we have the Craters of the Moon National Monument and Preserve, and plenty lava in these hills with lots of hot water hundreds of miles from the moon like craters. In fact Boise has several streets which use geothermal water and many homes in Garden Valley use it for heating.

I just found a link that surprised me, The New York Times, ran an article August 17 1881 about an eruption 20 miles from Mount Idaho "sending forth a column smoke and fire several hundred feet in height, and a rock which fell at a distance of several miles from the eruption." Here is the NYT link, it is a pdf format. query.nytimes.com...

"The Craters of the Moon Lava Field spreads across 618 square miles (1,601 km2) and is the largest mostly Holocene-aged basaltic lava field in the lower 48 U.S. states."[en.wikipedia.org...

I have lurked here for years but fear I am not too articulate, kinda chatty. Still I wanted to comment and recommend that some of you may enjoy looking at the Rockies on Google Earth. This is a huge mountain range. Round Valley is south of Cascade along the Payette river. Oh, and McCall is famed for its deep deep glacial lake that my Mother saw the local lake monster Charlie in ...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by iballs

You're observation is good - but limited in scope.

Magma is a natural by-product of electrical interaction of plates. All plates are charged or polarized. As the plates grind, magma is produced. The reason for magma is to create an electrical seal or bond between the two plates. The bond is temporary and in terms of thousand of years, maybe more or less...

What you're really observing is an electrical interaction.

I don't believe anyone on ATS understands the electrical importance of this interaction; everyone seems to miss electrical arching observed and photographed during volcanic eruptions.
edit on 17-4-2011 by iballs because: (no reason given)

wow this is wrong on so many levels I wouldn't know where to begin lol

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEndisNigh
I'll be honest, I did not read all that. I am assuming it has some reference to the yellowstone caldera in some way. Yes, the yellowstone caldera is gonna blow, either may 6th, or farther down around september. I'm leaning more towards september.

This statement also is so incredibly wrong but it's good to know who the trolls are.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Heyyo yoyou before you throw too much at westcoast for stealing your idea perhaps you should go look at some of the University research projects in the past that have tried to tie all this together. If you originally did it on ats you certainly weren't the first to ever think there's a connection between all this.

Nothing came of it from the scholars but for you to take credit isn't really accurate. It's been done before.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Great Thread. Check out this video I made of EQ over the last 7 days in Canada. It helps track the cascadia motion even further north. You'll notice all the quakes on the Juan De Fuca Ridge (Volcanic Ridge) AS well as several near the Alberta Border (Actually 2 in Banff) which also is home to natural hotsprings and close "ish" to the Montana border.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Must commend you for a very professional and well thought out response to this thread, that does not violate any forum rules at all. Well done

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Great post TheSparrowSings, your efforts in documentary is what is needed to provide an accurate historical account on proving a theory true...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Ummm...wow. Sorry you are so upset. I would be a bit miffed too if I thought someone had taken a copy of my posts to start their own. But I certainly did NO such thing.

I went and read your links just now. I had looked over your OP on Long Valley the other day and thought it was good. However, other than agreeing that this could indicate bigger siesmic activity and be in reaction to Japan (which, by the way multiple other posters have also done) I don't see where I have 'plagurized anything at all.

To come on here, 'yelling' at me, accusing me of this is rather irritating. I find your ideas to be good ones, and perhaps we can tie our theories in together? I didn't see where you ever spoke of all the calderas/magma chamber in washington being connected by a network or that the cascadia subduction zone extends further south and that is what the nevada swarm is? If you did, I did not see it and I am sincerely sorry if you feel I 'stole' your ideas. I assure you however, I did NOT.

Many posters here are familiar with me and my threads. Taking credit for someone else's work is NOT something I would do. Look over my washington state thread. I spoke of many of the things in my OP there over a year ago.

I am not about to get into a debate here with you however about who thought of what first. I could really care less really. Tell ya what...you can have all my stars and flags from this thread because I don't give a rip about them. What i care about are the people that live in the coastal states (including myself and my family) and that something very important isn't being overlooked or totally missed.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Don't be so hard on yourself man. Which threads get the most stars and flags is mostly a matter of good timing and presentation anyway. You could have a bombshell thread and post it, but if nobody's online to check it out, it'll just sink to the bottom of the page and wither and die. That's how it goes. You should still find satisfaction in your actual research.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join