It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every day is tomorrow and yesterday except

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
This thought is very interesting. Everyday is tomorrow and yesterday except the beginning which is only yesterday, and the end which is only tomorrow.

What do you think?

Any meaning to this thought?
edit on 17-4-2011 by P3ACE0WAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by P3ACE0WAR

it sounds great but isnt the begging the new day and the end is the dusk.
or maybe it refers at phrase ' i remember like it was yesterday and ' i may be dead by tommorow '

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by xifos

it sounds great but isnt the begging the new day and the end is the dusk.
or maybe it refers at phrase ' i remember like it was yesterday and ' i may be dead by tommorow '

Today is tomorrow and yesterday. Today was tomorrow yesterday, and today is yesterday tomorrow. Do you understand the thought I'm trying to lay forward. The thing is, there are two unique days, the beginning and the end.

The first day is only yesterday, can never be tomorrow. The last day is always tomorrow, it can never be yesterday.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Yes, I get it now. It reminds me of something I encountered years ago, or maybe I thought of it myself, I can't remember, but anyway, it has given me a deja vu moment, which is kinda experiencing today as if it was yesterday's tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Unless there never was a beginning or an end. If time is cyclical as some theories say, then there has always been a yesterday, tomorrow, and today.
edit on 17-4-2011 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon

Yes, I get it now. It reminds me of something I encountered years ago, or maybe I thought of it myself, I can't remember, but anyway, it has given me a deja vu moment, which is kinda experiencing today as if it was yesterday's tomorrow.

Yes, that is the feeling I still get, it is very bizar, and I'm thinking this thought that everyday is actually yesterday and tomorrow has something to do with it.

That's why I'm thinking if it has any meaning behind it.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Tomorrow and yesterday are only words. Can you hold in your hand yesterday and show it to me?
It is now and it will always be now. I can not hold now in my hand either. But the words now and here are always true.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Tomorrow and yesterday are only words. Can you hold in your hand yesterday and show it to me?
It is now and it will always be now. I can not hold now in my hand either. But the words now and here are always true.

Words describe our observation.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Yesterday and tomorrow are images and stories that appear in the present moment.
Everything happens in this eternal now, all memories happen now.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Yesterday and tomorrow are images and stories that appear in the present moment.
Everything happens in this eternal now, all memories happen now.

Yesterday is the day before today, tomorrow is the day before yesterday.

That is what I'm talking about. If you don't believe in yesterday then there is no point believing in today, because evidently today is shaped by yesterday.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

I do not believe in today, it is also just a word. Now is all there is and all there ever will be.
Nothing causes anything, it just is. There is no point that can be gone back to that can be the cause, unless we understand the big bang. The big bang caused it, we don't know what it caused though because we can't go to the 'future' to see what the result is.
Your op also says you do not believe in today, so we ar agreeing on that.
edit on 17-4-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Are you suggesting your past doesn't define your future? Then why bother making any right decisions? If you don't care about the past then you don't care about the future, if you don't believe your actions can change the future, then no point making the right decision, simply put, it just happens.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Exactly, there is no right or wrong decision. Even if there was a definate right or wrong how would you ever know, when one path is taken there is no way of going back.
Is there choice? If it is supposed that there is, what determines the choice?
The belief that there is someone who can make the right or wrong choice, is the confusion.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Exactly, there is no right or wrong decision. Even if there was a definate right or wrong how would you ever know, when one path is taken there is no way of going back.
Is there choice? If it is supposed that there is, what determines the choice?
The belief that there is someone who can make the right or wrong choice, is the confusion.

Do you believe in cause and effect then?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

When we are in this present moment and believe that yesterday has more power than now we bring in imaginations that color now. Then, this may repeat the past into the future. This is the making of past and future. Past and future are only formulations in the head (information). Time only exists as a construct in the head, it is made of thoughts like past and future.
Really there is no time as such.
It is always now if you notice.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I believe, that if you believe in cause and effect that, that is what you will experience to be true.
If you were in a dream and you put your dream key into your dream car ignition and turned it, would the car start because of the key?
That's what appears to happen. The cause (key) started the car (effect).
But really the dream was the cause.
And the dream was the effect.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I like your thoughts, I will get back at you after watching a movie.

Be back

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Thought about it and sorry but can't see it.

Yesterday, today and tomorrow don't even exist, they are just terms to explain our concept of time.
You are never in yesterday and you'll never reach tomorrow, you are always in the 'now' moment.
Only 'now' exists.

Can you ever 'be' somewhere else but 'here and now'?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Does here and now ever appear without your presence?
So does here and now exist?
I am that/you are that.
All there is, is that.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

reply to post by GypsK

Does here and now ever appear without your presence?
So does here and now exist?
I am that/you are that.
All there is, is that.

well, if there is only one point in time, what we call 'now', then it doesn't require my presence to exist. (unless you say I am the only one within my now-moment)

What interests me though is, who started dividing the 'one point in time' into yesterdays and tomorrows and for what reason? Really sounds like an early attempt of philosophy... divide what you cannot understand in order to understand it. :p

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join