It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

brady bill ad

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Yes you are right that if someone goes crazy they are going to go after you no matter what. My point was how I can increase my chances of survival if that does happen.

You carry a gun - duh.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I didn't realize, or hadn't thought about gun control that much as I am from the UK.

On reflection I am only just coming to terms with how defensless we in the UK are against our government. We can't even defend our own property from armed criminals and if we do we are normally prosecuted for it anyway. The criminals seem to have more rights than decent law abiding citizens.

If we are ever invaded by another country we are doomed!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
what do you think of this ad? Have they gone to far? i think so www.nationalgunrights.org... what the ad deals with

The Brady Campaign is pulling out all the stops in their campaign for Rep. Carolyn McCarthy’s Magazine Ban (H.R. 308).
the video says you that have 30 round clips are out to get kids. well this is not true.

I apologize if anyone else posted this but thew "Brady Bill" has been declared, by the Supreme Court in U.S. v Sheriff Richard I. Mack, to be null and void. It is done, then Bill Clinton says it only applies in those counties where the sheriff's took it to court, BS, it applies everywhere. The Brady Bill is a nullity and any guin shop that imposes it is committing a federal crime in doing so.

Criminals don't buy their guns at gun shops, honest, hard working people do. Why would anyone be against the honest public? Think about that.... problem, reaction, solution and then finally ........ total control.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

RAGE! If cops and military get assault clips....citizens do as well. period.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
As for virginia tech... (someone mentioned it earlier and that they likely would have wished they could have made CC legal but for some reason my firefox find button is failing hard) Virginia is a state that has and did have concealed carry on campus. It was sadly V-Tech that disarmed their students; read a report last year that they have chosen to not forgo their repeal of that specific rule. Really sickens me. In 2005 Cho was committed outpatient involuntarily but apparently it only matters when you are committed inpatient in such that it shows up on your record as to make it illegal for you to legally purchase a gun. For all this regulation they throw at those that can and will legally own firearms and they can't even keep them out of the hands of a person who the courts have stated to be a danger to himself and others because he wasn't committed in to the hospital. What kind of (insert 4 letter word here, preferably with an ed attached to the end) up people are we dealing with.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

but again you should have used an ar15 did you know you can get 100 round clips for them now www.cheaperthandirt.com... the max for an M1 garand is 8 and for the mi 30 cal m14 m1a2 mini 30 is again 100 www.cheaperthandirt.com... or any semi auto with drop clip feed were as the M1 has a top clip , oh watch out fro the M1 thumb, never got one and over 100 clips fired.

edit on 18-4-2011 by bekod because: word corection

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

yes yes yes you too see the light,than you and stars of the most kind to you

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Here's the facts - 1 guy in Arizona which allows concealed carry shot 13 people killing 6 - none of which shot back and it's only because he had to reload that a bystander not a cop tackled him finally.

So the facts say that 1 person with guns has the power over 13 other people - and it's only because he was out in the open that he was stopped - what if he had an accomplice ?

The more good people you disarm the larger the disparity between those that are victims and those that are criminals gets.

It's to bad there's no flat tax law or non profits like Brady who sponge off our tax dollars pretending like there the law when even they admit the laws they back aren't working won't just go the way of the do do.

edit on 18-4-2011 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

she said it all!
i can't, nor will I argue with her on those terms. as a mater of fact, i'm lock step with her.

but where can i find a glock compatible "30rd clip"?? i know i can get magazines, but i want a "clip" lol!

i love how the irony of it all played out in the first 45 seconds of her statement. i never knew brady was shot with a 22CALIBER REVOLVER!!!!? how did that become a witch hunt for "assault rifles" ?? amazing. the spin doctors earned their pay in that regards.
edit on 18-4-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

It has always been about banning handguns. ALWAYS. The magazine capacity ban is just an attempt to get the foot in the door. Since they could not get the handgun ban to pass they tried to do it by eliminating detachable magazines. That did not pass so they went after everything else that they could.

I feel bad for Mrs. Brady and what she has gone through, I truly do. I feel for her and how awful it is to have to deal with something like that. NO ONE should have to endure that situation.

Outlawing machinery is not the way to go about it though.

The Brady campaign is the equivalent of someone who had their loved one strangled to death attempting to ban wire or string to prevent anyone from ever being strangled again.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

well here is you clip(s) why just get one when you can get 8 www.sportsmansguide.com... from the link

WARNING: You must be 18 or older to purchase Ammo Magazines/Clips. NEVER use any Magazine unless it is specifically designed for your firearm.
note in my search eng i just type in glock 30 rd clip and this is what it came up with. oh and this is a 33 round mag er clip no 30's well i think 33 will have to do, don't you.

edit on 19-4-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by idonotcollectstamps

It has always been about banning handguns. ALWAYS. The magazine capacity ban is just an attempt to get the foot in the door. Since they could not get the handgun ban to pass they tried to do it by eliminating detachable magazines. That did not pass so they went after everything else that they could.

I feel bad for Mrs. Brady and what she has gone through, I truly do. I feel for her and how awful it is to have to deal with something like that. NO ONE should have to endure that situation.

Outlawing machinery is not the way to go about it though.

The Brady campaign is the equivalent of someone who had their loved one strangled to death attempting to ban wire or string to prevent anyone from ever being strangled again.

So every type of weapon the military has should be made available to the public and if not where and why do you draw the line?
edit on 19-4-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Yes.

Every type of military weapon should be available to the public.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
reply to post by kro32

Yes.

Can't wait to get my hands on those nukes and bio weapons then. Throw in some land mines and I have the ultimate home defense system.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

oh you mean like this cgi.ebay.com... from the link

British CVR(T) Sabre Light Tank
and yes it is for sale and yes it is by a person in the USA the toys us yanks can have for the $$$$$$$

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

your just being silly now get real down to earth you can by a MORTAR Shoots Bowling Balls from here bigshotsofidaho.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

So every type of weapon the military has should be made available to the public and if not where and why do you draw the line?

That is a very tough question to answer. I try to avoid it honestly lol but it is not right to only answer the easy questions or the questions that I agree with so I will do my best to offer you my opinion. People CAN legally own tanks and the shells that fire through them with the right paperwork or work around by creating a corporation. I have looked into it and people CAN own grenade launchers with grenades, fully functional rocket launchers with active warheads, claymore mines, Fighter jets with armaments but the paper work and checks involved are INTENSE!

Heck in the U.S. you can legally own a Flamethrower in EVERY state without any paperwork required. Kind of weird but moving on lol.

Look at Blackwater, XE or whatever they are now, they have miniguns and little birds, manpads the works.

I would LIKE to see it so that the citizens and police (local/state) and federal agencies can own the exact same weapons. Since we are SUPPOSED to have the The Posse Comitatus Act that prevents the Military from enforcing laws within the United States it WOULD put the citizens on an even playing field with law enforcement.

en.wikipedia.org...

Posse Comitatus (Latin): Power of the county. The whole force of the county.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

yes but you and i know that will never happen TPTB want power over the common man, and the common man does not have $$$$$$$$$$ to make it a level playing field tank vs tank, plan vs plan but we do have and this is what they are after www.militaryfactory.com... fro everything else is a smoke screen.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by j230ns

Ah that is sad that they had repealed it to their students, if they had prior rights to do so, that really is sad I had not known that. That is a true tradegy then.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
reply to post by kro32

Yes.

Can't wait to get my hands on those nukes and bio weapons then. Throw in some land mines and I have the ultimate home defense system.

Yes, you should be able to possess any weapon the government does. The second amendment says keep and bear arms, not guns, pistols, revolvers, rifles, etc ... Arms. It was put into place to give the citizenry a chance to defend against an oppressive government. Not hunting. Not target practice. Not sport. How can you do that without having access to the same weapons that will be used against you?

Throughout history it has been governments and leaders of nations who have waged war and slaughtered not only people of other nations but also the people of their own.

Why do you trust the government to have these weapons but not the people who might find themselves having to defend against them?

Why do you give the government a pass when it is them who are in the best position to oppress?

Why do you feel the government is more responsible with these weapons when history has shown otherwise?

If you found out there was a gang going around raping and pillaging who possessed machine guns and hand grenades, would you feel confident defending your home and family with a BB pistol or slingshot?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join