It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

brady bill ad

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32
Guns have been legal since this country was founded. Primarily to keep the government from tyranny.Our founding fathers had come from such a government and they understood why the citizens needed to be armed.

How many schools are there in the US? Let's for an example say there 100,000, I'm sure there are more, but we'll use this number. How many people at these schools we're shot with legal guns last year. Answer? O.Number with illegal guns ? I couldn't say.Most inner city schools now have metal detectors because of illegal guns and other weapons being brought in.Usually by gang members.

How long have guns been legal in your area? How many shootings have been done at your school since it was founded? I'll wager none. So guns have been avalible there and nobody got shot HMMMMMMMMMM.

So you think you can trample other peoples rights to own what they want to responsibly own.I'm not sure I like the sound of my freedoms being trampled on.Don't you think that the government does enough of that now?

Know what happens when countries ban guns? It's happened over and over in every country that has. The crime rate skyrockets. Particularly murder. The only people with guns are now the criminals and they don't care if they shoot you, Hence the label criminals. I recently saw some statistics from Australlia that said after the citizens were disarmed the murder rate went up 600%. This what you're looking for?

If you're that scared of getting shot how do you get out of bed in the morning? Here's a wake up call for you there are guns all around you right now. The legal owners aren't gonna shoot you, but the one's with the illegal ones, well not so much.

So grow a pair and stop being a worry wart. Here's a clue........You are less likely to get shot than you are to be struck by lightning. And leave the rest of us alone. If somebody wants a gun that ain't you're business.If they want a 30 rnd magazine that's their right. Leave them alone and they will leave you alone.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Listen to Suzanna Gratia Hupps testimony. Listen very closely to every single word that she has to say. Pay close attention to when she talks about how fast this guy is capable of reloading his weapon.

The difference between a subject and a citizen is a firearm. The difference between a police state and a free state is the citizens right to own firearms.

Do I think that the United States government will try and disarm citizens of the United States? Yes I do. I think it will happen very soon under some form of legislation or martial law. We are one of the few remaining countries where citizens can acquire firearms.

"The second amendment is about our right to protect ourselves from you guys up there (Congress)". -Suzanna Gratia Hupp

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
"The second amendment is about our right to protect ourselves from you guys up there (Congress)". -Suzanna Gratia Hupp

aint that the gods honest truth.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I have owned "assault weapons" for more twenty years and I do not recall ever seeing targets like that at any range I have been to. I must remember to call the Brady center and ask'em where I can order mine.

The reason that I have large capacity mags...is simple Obama might be able to grasp it...So I do not have to spend a bunch of valuable time at the range reloading. The real criminals out there are the one's shooting up all these areas where the Gov't has made owning a firearm more difficult. Why not push for more stronger sentencing requirements when a firearm is used in a crime- like the ones that already exist on the books. Enforce the Criminal Statues that already exist. Guns do not kill people, People kill people. Heck, if all we had were clubs, I am sure someone would try to ban those.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I agree with the video, we should ban 30 round CLIPS!!!

But lets not ban 30 round magazines, those are ok.

Could you imagine a 30round clip in a M1 Garand?
... Liberals..

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Don't know if this was posted yet but the proposed bills in CT to restrict high caps all failed to get past public hearing and are dead.

I think people regardless of the "cause" are getting sick of the constant pecking and poking politicians are doing.

Poke and pester people and they'll politely take it for a while. Eventually they have enough and bite back.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
reply to post by kro32
Guns have been legal since this country was founded. Primarily to keep the government from tyranny.Our founding fathers had come from such a government and they understood why the citizens needed to be armed.

How many schools are there in the US? Let's for an example say there 100,000, I'm sure there are more, but we'll use this number. How many people at these schools we're shot with legal guns last year. Answer? O.Number with illegal guns ? I couldn't say.Most inner city schools now have metal detectors because of illegal guns and other weapons being brought in.Usually by gang members.

How long have guns been legal in your area? How many shootings have been done at your school since it was founded? I'll wager none. So guns have been avalible there and nobody got shot HMMMMMMMMMM.

So you think you can trample other peoples rights to own what they want to responsibly own.I'm not sure I like the sound of my freedoms being trampled on.Don't you think that the government does enough of that now?

Know what happens when countries ban guns? It's happened over and over in every country that has. The crime rate skyrockets. Particularly murder. The only people with guns are now the criminals and they don't care if they shoot you, Hence the label criminals. I recently saw some statistics from Australlia that said after the citizens were disarmed the murder rate went up 600%. This what you're looking for?

If you're that scared of getting shot how do you get out of bed in the morning? Here's a wake up call for you there are guns all around you right now. The legal owners aren't gonna shoot you, but the one's with the illegal ones, well not so much.

So grow a pair and stop being a worry wart. Here's a clue........You are less likely to get shot than you are to be struck by lightning. And leave the rest of us alone. If somebody wants a gun that ain't you're business.If they want a 30 rnd magazine that's their right. Leave them alone and they will leave you alone.

Bravo! Bravo!! Quoted for truth! I always preferred the, when is the last time you heard on the news that the local liqueur store had been robbed by someone who was legally carrying? But you nailed it, star for you friend

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RockpuckI agree with the video, we should ban 30 round CLIPS!!!

But lets not ban 30 round magazines, those are ok.

Could you imagine a 30round clip in a M1 Garand?
... Liberals..

Indeed, perhaps a little research and I mean just a little would help them have a modicum of credibility but alas their audience is likely just as ignorant on guns in general that it really doesn't matter at all.

Sad...

Like someone else said who wants to pay 30 dollars for range time to stand there and reload magazines all day so the liberals can feel better about themselves.

I guarantee I can probably shoot 21 rounds (accurately) from my 1911 just as fast as someone with a 30 round magazine in a berretta or glock can shoot accurately. Perhaps a little slower but not much as I am very proficient and practiced. This is especially true for a novice who likely as not will hit absolutely nothing after the first round when shooting 30 rounds quickly like the guy in the video.

Also, who the hell has silhouettes of kids in pig tails for targets? Now on a friend/foe course I have seen some "civilian" pop-ups but they certainly had no score on them as hitting one (even shooting at one) is auto-fail.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

oh 1 trillion stars for you your the only one to see the light there is hope after all , you are in the us ?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Newbomb Turk

Originally posted by lonegurkha
reply to post by kro32

Bravo! Bravo!! Quoted for truth! I always preferred the, when is the last time you heard on the news that the local liqueur store had been robbed by someone who was legally carrying? But you nailed it, star for you friend

Actually every single school shooting was done with guns that were legally available in the U.S. None of them were on the ban list.

There have been no shootings on my campus because guns are not allowed. Now that they will be I am concerned that there is a higher probability that an incident could occur. Can't argue that one.

How am I trampling on your freedoms? You have the right to bear arms and i'm not debating that but the constitution does not stipulate anything further than that. It is left up to future congress's to debate and legislate which is what I am doing.

Did you read my post, obviously not because I never said we should ban guns just limit the size of magazines. That in no way infringes on your rights and tell me what you honestly can't do with a 10 round clip that you could with a 30 round clip?

Once again, nobody has a right to a 30 round clip. Perhaps you should read the constitution before posting your ignorance for everyone to see.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

that is a m14 the add is wrong it is not a m1 it is a m14www.impactguns.com... Springfield M1A SOCOM 16" this is the m1 www.memorableplaces.com... The M1 Garand Rifle also known as the Caliber .30 M1 truly was an American companion in three wars including World War Two, Korea, and Vietnam. It continues to be an American and then you have the bar www.inetres.com... M1918 .30 Caliber Browning Automatic Rifle then yo have US 30 cal carbine world.guns.ru... also kaka m1a1 30, m1a2 30 cal, min 14, min 30, and the ruger mini 30 www.nextag.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I would agree to limiting magazine capacity as long as the Police (local and state) and ALL Federal Agencies ban them for their Officers THEN I would do it AFTER they do it. Until that happens, cold dead hands etc. The older impotent generation might have submitted to a ban of this kind, but not this guy. No way will I let it occur again without a fight.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by idonotcollectstamps
reply to post by kro32

I would agree to limiting magazine capacity as long as the Police (local and state) and ALL Federal Agencies ban them for their Officers THEN I would do it AFTER they do it. Until that happens, cold dead hands etc. The older impotent generation might have submitted to a ban of this kind, but not this guy. No way will I let it occur again without a fight.

Well while your fighting you battle with the government i'm sitting at school where all of a sudden i'm going to have kids all over with concealed weapons with 30 round clips or something similar. Do you know how much alcohol is on campus or how many pettly little fights break out over dating.

If some kid who is allowed to carry now has a freak out moment and starts shooting I would rather dodge 10 bullets than 30. These aren't criminals carrying they are normal students who probably think it's gonna be cool to be packing legally now. Their guns will be bought legitimatley so that is what i'm concerned about. If a criminal comes in and starts shooting there's nothing I can do about that but we can lower the possible threat from legal guns by reducing the size of the magazine.

Well if a criminal comes on your campus and starts shooting you'll be glad you have 30 round clips, is gonna be the reply. Well playing the odds here I would respond by saying we've never had a shooting on campus so it's more likely that when we do it will be caused by a legal carrying student who now has access and has a moment of rage.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

yes we have come a long ways from that time my step grand dad told me of the Tommy 45's days on the range that is the cow herding range and they used them on coyotes and yes it was full auto back then, no ffl no permit and no one went "syco" ok maybe when the person smoked the wakei weed, and thought every bush was a varmint and this site tells the short story of the Tommy 45 www.saf.org...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

and thus the term don't tread on me!!!!! if that was was the nations motto!!!! some one needs that as there pres slogan don't tread on the 2nd, don't tread on US, we the people.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by lonegurkha

yes we have come a long ways from that time my step grand dad told me of the Tommy 45's days on the range that is the cow herding range and they used them on coyotes and yes it was full auto back then, no ffl no permit and no one went "syco" ok maybe when the person smoked the wakei weed, and thought every bush was a varmint and this site tells the short story of the Tommy 45 www.saf.org...

Yea no one like the mafia used tommy guns to shoot up city's or other people. Was just a bunch of ranchers were all that used them

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

do your history there we more ranchers in the 30' than gangsters, what made it so bad, money that's what. and yes i believe your not guilty till proven guilty so yes you should have the right to walk in put your money down and get the m4 m15 m16 and yea if you got the bucks get a tank and ammo.oh ya you can do that now just have the back ground check and pay pay pay. is that not freedom with a price tag$$$$$$$$$$$

edit on 18-4-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by kro32

do your history there we more ranchers in the 30' than gangsters, what made it so bad, money that's what.

don't disagree with you at all on that, you are absolutely correct

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
geez

heres some more history tommy guns were not illegal back then

whats a gangster also referred to as? A CRIMINAL

just now many people were killed by law abiding tommy gun owners? none.

who ruined it for the ranchers? the criminals did aka the gangster

did it stop them the gangsters from murdering whoever they wanted to? no
edit on 18-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
geez

heres some more history tommy guns were not illegal back then

whats a gangster also referred to as? A CRIMINAL

just now many people were killed by law abiding tommy gun owners? none.

who ruined it for the ranchers? the criminals did aka the gangster

did it stop it from murdering whoever they wanted to? no
edit on 18-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Yep you are absolutely correct also. Good job

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join