It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

brady bill ad

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

i hear nothing but good things about magpul and cheap beta c mags are expensive as hell in my opinion

i have seen the saw mag 150 rounders but the price is just too crazy

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I just bought 10 more of these thanks to the Brady Campaign's excellent marketing(That and I buy at least 10 every 6 months or so anyway..I was due):
store.magpul.com...

Magpul magazines are the best I have ever used. My wife and I have Beta mags for range use. I'm not going to bother with SAW mags. Too pricey and I don't own a SAW.
edit on 17-4-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

i like the mapuls with the window myself but to each their own.

i called it a saw mag its made by armatrac that fits the ar-15 just like the beta c
edit on 17-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Well seriously what do you need large clips like that for anyways if you don't have something evil planned. I remember the two heavily armed bank robbers in california that put up quite a fight with their armor and guns.

I'm not an expert in guns or stuff and certainly don't want to see that right taken away but is there something your gonna use a 30 round clip for that you couldn't use a smaller one for. I know what the criminals would use it for.

And yes i'm sure you could use it to defend yourself but how many times do you actually ever hear about a gun battle happening among normal everyday people that would require that?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

not everygun owner is like those two idiots 99% are nothing near what the media portrays them out to be

the majority of every gun owner believes in the credo " FOR ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES AND THAT USE ONLY"

well i do anyways.

if its legal its my right to own it damn what anyone else says

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by neo96

I just bought 10 more of these thanks to the Brady Campaign's excellent marketing:
store.magpul.com...

Ha haa I was thinking the same thing. Except I live in California and can't get them anyway. Last time I went to a gun show in Reno I got so pissed I almost moved. Oh well at least I can own an AR with a removable clip now...

I always thought it was funny with a good M1 Garand and a little skill with a stripper clip you can do way more damage at 1000 yards than any of the so called banned assault rifles. Its like these laws were specifically created with complete ignorance.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Are you saying that my ownership of 30 rounders are ONLY because I'm planning "something evil"?

These kinds of arguments are ridiculous and childish. I own high-capacity magazines because I don't like having to reload every ten rounds while I'm at the range. And my weapons are for home protection as well. If you know anything about firefights(my guess is you don't) in the chaos several rounds will be fired. I don't wanna have to reload before my assailant.

I have NEVER hurt anyone just because I own a particular weapon. 100 million gun owners in this country haven't either.

You don't hear about gun battles that have the law abiding saving their own lives because the media is all about the fear. They only tell you the stories of CRIMINALS using guns.

There are over 1 million instances of guns saving lives of civilians every year*. So few are ever covered by the media.
edit on 17-4-2011 by projectvxn because: Changed day to Year*

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by kro32

not everygun owner is like those two idiots 99% are nothing near what the media portrays them out to be

the majority of every gun owner believes in the credo " FOR ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES AND THAT USE ONLY"

well i do anyways.

if its legal its my right to own it damn what anyone else says

I understand and agree with that but you didn't really answer my question. Not trying to argue but I really simply don't know. If they were to make illegal large magazine rounds would that negatively affect you? It might make it less accessable to criminals which would be a good thing.

And where do you draw the line at what is too much? Would you have a problem with grenade launchers being legal?

Honest questions really as i'm all for gun rights I just don't happen to own any myself or plan too. I'd shoot my foot off or something.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

no man outlawing anything results in only the criminals having them.

gun control is an illusion it always has been and always will be

i dont have a problem with anyone owning anything

owning something doesnt mean anything

it is how its used......

favorite 2 quotes:

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague." marucs tullius cicero

"As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust. Laws disarming honest citizens proclaim that the government is the master, not the servant, of the people".- jeff snyder

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Mexico has a gun ban in place. you can't even own a 6 shooter revolver. And yet somehow those criminals are getting military grade weapons. RPGs, Machine guns, and explosive ordinance.

Laws don't stop criminals because criminals don't follow laws. If they did they wouldn't be criminals.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Well seriously what do you need large clips like that for anyways if you don't have something evil planned. I remember the two heavily armed bank robbers in california that put up quite a fight with their armor and guns.

I'm not an expert in guns or stuff and certainly don't want to see that right taken away but is there something your gonna use a 30 round clip for that you couldn't use a smaller one for. I know what the criminals would use it for.

And yes i'm sure you could use it to defend yourself but how many times do you actually ever hear about a gun battle happening among normal everyday people that would require that?

And California has the most restrictive gun laws in the Nation (Except maybe New York) yet the criminals are armed to the teeth. Point taken lets make sure law abiding citizens can't have 30 round clips...

It isn't really about need. Why do you need a car that is faster than 75mph? Why do you need a house bigger than an apartment? Why do you need anything? It is about the freedom and ability for a law abiding citizen to do as they wish as long as they are not infringing upon the liberty of another...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

most of th out laws and the drug dealers use by own or have full auto where do you think they come from and here is your choice
1) over seas
2) south of the border
3)Gov wear/ house police store rooms
4) they can not own full auto so they do not have them.

Well if you say 1-3 then your one that knows that anti gun laws will not work www.wsaz.com...
edit on 17-4-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)
from the link

The Fort Gay Police Department found itself the victim of a crime Thursday morning after a thief broke into the department's evidence room and stole multiple items.
if you think 4 then you should never own a gun
edit on 17-4-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit.

edit on 17-4-2011 by bekod because: word corection

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Good points and I agree with most of them but certainly making some guns illegal makes them less readily accessable. If I wanted to buy an illegal gun I wouldn't have the first clue on where to get one but if that gun was carried in the local gun store it would be no problem for me to go buy it.

My state, Arizona, is trying to make it legal for students to carry concealed weapons on campus and I have a serious problem with that. If you saw all the alcohol and petty fights over dates and stuff you'd be nervous too. So if some kid starts shooting because he just starts raging, i'd rather him only be able to get 10 shots off instead of 30.

I'm also sure there are some weapons you guys wouldn't want to see legalized isn't there? So once again...where do you draw the line?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

If I wanted to buy an illegal gun I wouldn't have the first clue on where to get one but if that gun was carried in the local gun store it would be no problem for me to go buy it.

1 That's because you're not a criminal. 2. Career criminals don't usually pass background checks.

My state, Arizona, is trying to make it legal for students to carry concealed weapons on campus and I have a serious problem with that.

Tell that to the women on campus who get raped regularly. Or the crazies who shoot up school unencumbered by others who would otherwise be able to stop them.

So if some kid starts shooting because he just starts raging, i'd rather him only be able to get 10 shots off instead of 30.

I'd rather someone else who isn't a nut shoots the bastard dead before he causes any harm.

I'm also sure there are some weapons you guys wouldn't want to see legalized isn't there? So once again...where do you draw the line?

No I do not. As far as infantry weapons are concerned I believe we should be able to own anything the military can use against the people.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Most of the kids on campus aren't criminals either but according to you it would be ok if they carried fully automatic uzi's strapped over their shoulder?

And sorry but just cause the military can use it I don't think it should be legal for civilians. What purpose would owning a bazooka have for anyone.

Nothing wrong with supporting peoples rights to own firearms but there has to be a cut off line somewhere.

And if kids in colleges were allowed to carry concealed weapons do you honestly think school shootings are going to go up or down?
edit on 17-4-2011 by kro32 because: add more

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

i whole heartedly disagree the true intention of the second ammedment was to have the american people on equal footing with the government.

as it stands today the people would be slaughtered.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by kro32

i whole heartedly disagree the true intention of the second ammedment was to have the american people on equal footing with the government.

as it stands today the people would be slaughtered.

So we should allow average citizens access to biological and nuclear weapons?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Do you have any idea how many times that ridiculous argument has been used?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

you went from bazookas to chem bio nuclear man that is really reaching.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Boy do you sound like one of these UK brainchildren:

news.bbc.co.uk...

The research is published in the British Medical Journal.

The researchers said there was no reason for long pointed knives to be publicly available at all.

They consulted 10 top chefs from around the UK, and found such knives have little practical value in the kitchen.

None of the chefs felt such knives were essential, since the point of a short blade was just as useful when a sharp end was needed.

So, since there is no need and can be used to harm someone we should outlaw it? I get very frustrated when I see such things because how in the hell can a society have become so fearful that a damn kitchen knife is actually the topic of weapons seizure? So, if it could be used to harm others, we shouldn't be allowed to have it?

How about we start with swimming pools and cars then? Since we obviously do not need swimming pools because they kill children and using your shower or bath tub will perform the same function without as much fear of death........ insane.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join