It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy regarding the cutting of social programs, etc

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

If I'm not mistaken the democrats had the house and senate for the last few years and didn't see any defense cuts either (maybe I"m wrong?). Rand can't do everything, the Senate is controlled by the Democrats.

They are all corrupt if you ask me. I like Rand. I like Ron. I like Kusinich (although that health care thing was wierd) I think thats about it lol
edit on 17-4-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Absolutely. Also notice how they throw the term "Entitlements" around as well. Twisting the truth of the matter.
Social Security/medicare/unemployment are Not entitlements. They are paid for out of your paycheck.
Those fees are taken out of your paycheck automatically. You have no "Opt Out" choice. Both parties have
raided the Social Security Fund to pay for all kinds of nonsense and wars. There should be a lot more money
in the till. Fraudulent claims and double billing ,etc. need to be corrected.
But the voucher system presented
is just a way to take your money away and give it to the insurance companies and wall street and create
another bubble. It is nothing less than criminal. I've known mobsters who took better care of their elders than that
for Gods sakes. As far as Medicaid, that could be considered an entitlement as it is life support to the less
fortunate. They'll spend trillions on "foreign aid' and wars to defend the oil companies, keep KBR Halliburton
Military industrial complex rolling in dough.etc.bail out wall street gamblers(LOSERS), Allow companies
like G.E. to pay ZERO in taxes, but they'll go after the grandma and grandpa's of America.

I say lets do the right thing and incarcerate these sociopaths instead of voting for them. they aren't fit for
civilized society. S&F

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Reply to post by kro32

Cut the defense spending first.

Trust me, they are playing with fire.

Also, if you pay into a program, you're entitled to it too!

It just seems easier to call people "leeches" and refuse to look at the bottom line.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I agree. The PTB always change words and meanings to make the masses jump. However, if we pay into a program then why not be able to use that program? It isn't until the need is there that the understanding comes into focus. This is how they have been able to prey on the social programs in the first place: raise public sentiment to make the programs fat then demonize them to get their profits.
As for not touching defense:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Here's some interesting reads from past ATS post showing that our government needs an audit. Not just the Fed either. We have allowed colorful words and arguments cloud our judgement on what is really going on in this country. And I think a big notice to our government would be to bring the troops back and audit the heck out of these characters we put in power of the last few decades. Yes, its work, but we should get to doing it.
edit on 17-4-2011 by DaWhiz because: grammer

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
There are a lot of Tea Party members that are all for cutting defense spending. A true Constitutional Conservative (like me) is very supportive of slashing all of the waste, fraud and abuse that has been running rampant through the DoD for decades. Rand Paul, and his father Ron, are on record saying this (Ron more so than Rand). Paul Ryan is a NeoCon Republican, just like Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney, and John McCain. A True Conservative (like me) thinks that America should end its imperialistic military industrial complex activities around the world. I'm all for the military, so don't misunderstand me; I spent 13 years in and did 6 combat deployments all in the interest of the military industrial complex agenda. Of course I was a lot younger and more naive back then and didn't realize who was pulling the puppet strings. Having said all of that, social programs do need to be drastically cut, because we are in serious financial trouble, as you all already obviously know. It is time for people to take responsibility for their actions and their lives or suffer the consequences. It is time for accountability. There are people that need help and that's fine, but how do you weed out the millions of people around the nation that abuse the system? For example, every Tuesday and Friday here where I live is the mega-millions lotto drawing. On those days there is a block long line at the 7-11 down the street. In this line are people waiting to buy lotto tickets. There are people that walk the line and buy food stamps from the people waiting to get lotto tickets. They buy $100 of food stamps for 30 or 40 bucks, that way the food stamp people that have no money can get money to buy their lotto tickets. This happens every Tuesday and Friday, and it has happened for years. This makes me sick, because I'm sure this happens all over the country. Seeing this happen with my own two eyes forces me to have the attitude of "F those people, I don't care if they starve to death", although I really do feel sorry for their kids (usually 3 or 4 in tow) because it isn't the kids fault that their parent(s) are deadbeats and leaches on the system. Until this situation goes away I will never be OK with my hard earned dollars going to social programs.
edit on 17-4-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Why hasn't the Tea Party suggested cuts in the defense budget?

Why in the world would post that before doing a simple Google search?
"tea party on defense cuts" turns up 14,900,000 results.

Weak

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Could the conspiracy be(with the cutting of social programs) that America is continuing its steps towards an economic reform of an extreme version of laissez faire pioneered by the late Milton Freidman?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Well duh. Someone already pointed it out.

But, if it gives your ego that little boost, then so be it.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
Most people don't realize this but our troops are tired and pissed off.

There is no clear objective in Afghanistan anymore besides come home alive with all your limbs intact. THAT IS ALL THEY ARE WORRIED ABOUT AT THIS POINT!

Tell them they have to go fight another war in LIbya and they will probably tell the Govt. to F***k off.(congressional approval or not) It has seriously gotten to this point.

yyeeeeeah .. I totally agree with this post~!!!!!! and if USSR couldn't bring down Afghanistan.. what makes us think WE can do better ~!!! The only objective I know is the HUGE amount of resources they found 2 years ago ...........

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

I'm guessing you haven't taken into account inflation and the devaluation of the dollar here.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
Could the conspiracy be(with the cutting of social programs) that America is continuing its steps towards an economic reform of an extreme version of laissez faire pioneered by the late Milton Freidman?

Thanks to Obama and the new healthcare entitlement program, we are headed in the opposite direction of laissez-faire

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Here's rand talking about cutting defense spending. From today or yesterday I dont know

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

For a while, they didn't have the Senate majority necessary to override the Republicans and Bush.

Though they are still cowards for not actually trying afterward.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Talk the talk but will he walk the walk?

This is RAND Paul, not RON Paul.

Aqua Buddha, not Libertarian Dynamo.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Talk the talk but will he walk the walk?

This is RAND Paul, not RON Paul.

Aqua Buddha, not Libertarian Dynamo.

What do you want him to do? any ideas? What do you mean by walk to walk?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Walk the Walk = Don't say it, DO it!

He's NOT his father though. Good luck convincing the blind otherwise.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aristophrenia

Medicare and Medicaid are fully funded and are fully funded through 2050 - thats an ABSOLUTE FACT.

No that is ABSOLUTE BULLS***

There isn't a chance in hell they can be funded with the current costs of our system and the rising age of our population. I have no idea how any one could even be so ignorant to state something so wrong in BOLD. If you are referring to them being promised till 2050 - big F'N deal - that means nothing if they have no ability to pay and they don't.

If our medical costs are cut in half and soon - putting us on par with the rest of the industrialized world, maybe it is doable. But lets be realistic that will not happen until the system completely collapses, and maybe not even then.

Originally posted by Aristophrenia
The reality is that tax cuts to the rich, wars, are being funded from this pool of funds while simultaneously DEFUNDING the programs.

The real question you ALL need to be asking is why - and here is the answer.

Private enterprise, corporations , want to privatise these last remaining areas to get their hands on these GIANT funds of public wealth - one of the greatest prizes corporations could imagine - and they have been trying for decades. Bush awarded Lockheed the contract to handle Texas social programmes - it was over ruled by Clinton.

This is the truth.

The right wing control of the talking points go like this : -

Instead of blaming the bankers for stealing the wealth of the nation and destroying the savings of the sates, unions, retirements of millions blame the unions for asking to high wages, instead of allowing people to focus on the truth that the Banks and Wars have destroyed the US budget surplus blame the fully funded medical and health system of the country. Dont call it the health system - call it entitlements. Dont call it profit - call it job creation, don't call it stuimulus call it debt, etc, etc.

The saddest thing in Americas history is that the middle and working class of the US believes what the Republicans and Tea party are telling them via the most powerful corporate propaganda machine ever created.

Yes, we should tax the wealthy at a higher rate and cut our defense spending by at least half. Guess what that won't even take care of half the deficit.

Yes, the bankers destroyed our economy by creating tremendous, unworkable amounts of debt - but guess what the government let them, and even encouraged them, and then took on ridiculous amounts of debt to keep the banks afloat.

That is all true - but it really does not have much to do with the fact we CANNOT afford to spend the amount we currently are on health care. Healthcare costs are completely out of control - and that garbage legislation Obamacare only made things more expensive.

We must have fundamental cost reduction - serious cost reduction or a lot of people are going to find themselves without access to healthcare very soon.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by proximo

The idea that the middle class and poor must give up more and more is also a total crock of B.S.

The pigs at the top have literally laid waste to those under them and by cutting essential services, they want MORE of the pie.

Hogs.

There is no easy solution to this mess. You do it one way, you piss off people. You do it the other way, you piss off other people.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
It is the corporate angle that makes me oppose conservatism...
There are some great ideas in the idealism, however there is the vaunting of
wealth and the basic components of the corporation that alarm me. Furthermore
the worst part is that many well intentioned (if not ALL) are unwilling or unable to
see their role in the disfunction in America. IT seems the role and will of conservative
action is to enact corporate tax cuts, transfer the power of the people to private hands
and to escalate transfer wealth... Certainly the privatization of the big social programs
is on the docket, it will be the largest mistake in the history of America... There IS NO
reason for those entities to manage the funds they receive, in an effective manner,
these days it is more profitable to bet against your own position before you initiate
financial murder... Pair this will the urge to deregulate the financial sector yet again...
This next time there will be blood on the streets, I pray god sanity finds a foothold

There IS something to be said about engineering bad government to strengthen your ideological
position. I ask any of you with a dog to hire a dog loather as the steward of your dog -
Yet somehow this concept applied to government does not shine through

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Well , this plan of theirs has been in the works Before the current inflation and QE 1,2,etc.

Last time around, they were trying to Privatize Social Security. After the financial collapse of 2008 and the
next one pending soon, we all know how grim that privatization plan would have turned out.

It is as simple as this , they want your money in any way,shape,or form that they can get their hands on it.
After that, they'll screw you over further on their way out the door. it is their S.O.P.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Yeah RAND Paul as in Ayn Rand. The author of "Atlas Shrugged" or "The Handbook" . Objectivism is a fact
of nature and the survival of the fittest, yet it is direly lacking in Humanist propensity.
As humans, we are expected to rise above the sharks and wolves.
Even the devil can be a better humanist than that.If it is necessary.

Check it out: www.youtube.com...

I wouldn't put all my Easter Eggs in one basket though.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join