It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can any photography experts help me out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
My camera options are these-

Single AF or Continuous AF.

Exposing metering- spot-center weight-muti pattern

exp bracketing interval- +/-0.3 +/-0.7 +/-010 0ff

If you know what the effects of these are please educate me, thanks.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

Hey There, Continuous Auto Focus is really good for Sports or fast action activities where the subject of focus
moves closer and/or further away rapidly from the lens focal point. The downside to this, is that it consumes
greater battery power, so keep spare charged batteries for the length of the game.

Auto Focus is great. Uses battery power only on demand. Excellent for general photography.
If you are choosing critical focus matter of a stationary or slowly moving subject, manual focus is the way to go.
In either case, for macro (close up shots) manual is generally more accurate, and in some cases, the only option.

Helpful Hint : If you are using a Zoom Lens, zoom in on subject all the way, focus (manual or auto focus), now
when you zoom out to any millimeter focal length, the subject will still be in focus.

Light Meters: Spot Mode focuses on the subject matter light level at the center of the frame.
This is particularly useful at low light levels when a center subject of focus and light are the only concern.
This is also helpful when ambient light is too influentual on the primary focus and adjustments are necessary.

Ambient Mode/Weight/Multi Pattern: Measures ALL the light coming into the viewfinder. Good for landscapes, but can be
troublesome for portraits as the ambient(or even backlight) can drown out or underexpose the Center subject
matter.

Light meters take a bit of practice. Not all are 100 percent accurate. The best thing to do, if you have time
and a little bit of pencil and pad patience, is to take 3-5 pictures of the same subject using different aperature
settings within range recommended by your light meter. Make a note on the pad of each and every single
setting(Spot Meter,Ambient Meter, Shutter Speed,Aperature settings).This initial subject should be under
a controlled light setting , and your camera should be on a tripod. In other words, the variables for your subject
should be minimum. After a few rounds of this, you will find the ideal settings for your camera/light meter and
reach a comfort zone.

As Time goes on, now that you know the accuracy and settings in a controlled enviroment, you can experiment
with wider parameters with a good amount of intuition,

Just remember, sometimes it is just luck. For example: The time of day was right, the camera settings were right, the Flying Eagle in perfect spread was only meters from you, and....you happened to be there.

Later on, you can figure out the +/- backlighting features. Lots of challenging fun.

edit on 17-4-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Add in/Typo

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

Oh yeah, Bracketing takes several photos at once at different settings. So you will always get a good one.
But just remember to take note of which exposure was best out of the bracket series. That way you learn
for real how to handle it.

Don't be disappointed if they all don't turn out great. They never do, even for the "Pros."

Have fun, and load up some pictures to ATS sometime and share with us.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Also with the bracket if you set it up right
and have
3 different exp of -3, 0, +3, and so on
you can do some nice hdr photos
if you haven't seen those effects check them out on the net
I'll look though my files and upload some of mine for you if you like

adding the post I put those pictures to here
edit on 4/18/2011 by EvilBat because: added link

top topics

join