It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli TV shows Palestinian torture

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

I wouldn't be so quick to deny such a statement. Israel is the only country to have openly legalised torture through 1987 to 1999. It's also true that they used many techniques from the kubark manual, which includes techniques pioneered by Dr. Cameron in association with the MKUltra program.

Also, to the OP, I don't understand the relevance of quoting Norman on this topic. We are waiting to see the video in order to verify if what you are saying is true or false.
edit on 17-4-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Norman said that for a reason, because people were saying he has no credibility because he has identity issues. Then he said the only relevant question is, whether what I'm saying is true or not.

It isn't just my job to search for the video, but everyone else, to do their research and either prove this news right or wrong.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by P3ACE0WAR

It isn't just my job to search for the video, but everyone else, to do their research and either prove this news right or wrong.

I'd actually argue that it is your job to search..
Your whole thread is based around that video so It's your responsibility to show it exists..

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I understand the quote, I've seen the documentary American radical, I've read an am reading his books and I admire the man as an intellectual. But I still don't understand the relevance in continuosly quoting him on this thread. It is an obscure defence mechanism.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Well, the OP has provided a source that sourced a source, but it turned out to be the same body to source himself.

Whether or not Israel legalized torture, it is an act which can be found all over the world, and yet when it comes to Israel, it becomes the devil himself. I'm not defending torture let alone brutalizing prisoners, but, How many times have you read on ATS about China and Falun gong, or Tibetan. What about Mexico, Burundi, Cameroon, Guatemala, Uganda? Not as nearly as close to the number of threads opened daily on every little thing related to Israel.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

In that sense if you want to talk about PressTV's credibility and not believe their report, then you have to prove the video wasn't broadcasted, and the Western media's silence is not evidence.

edit on 17-4-2011 by P3ACE0WAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant

I understand the quote, I've seen the documentary American radical, I've read an am reading his books and I admire the man as an intellectual. But I still don't understand the relevance in continuosly quoting him on this thread. It is an obscure defence mechanism.

The quote is relevant because people don't want to investigate whether what PressTV is saying true or not, instead of doing research they waste time by talking about how unreliable PressTV is.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Just a little taste, looking for the video and came across this.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational

Well, the OP has provided a source that sourced a source, but it turned out to be the same body to source himself.

Whether or not Israel legalized torture, it is an act which can be found all over the world, and yet when it comes to Israel, it becomes the devil himself. I'm not defending torture let alone brutalizing prisoners, but, How many times have you read on ATS about China and Falun gong, or Tibetan. What about Mexico, Burundi, Cameroon, Guatemala, Uganda? Not as nearly as close to the number of threads opened daily on every little thing related to Israel.

A few of the countries you quote- specifically Guatemala tortured victims in accordance and aid with the CIA. I'd like to add Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Uruguay and Honduras. However it is irrelevant wether or not other countries torture prisoners.
a) other countries are not the level you want to reach morally
b) it is till illegal under international law, the geneva convention and it is an abuse of human rights
c) none of those countries you mentioned did it in a legal framework.
When you legalise torture, there is somthing seriously wrong with your government.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Still looking, came across this video:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Still looking, came across this video, it could be an old video viewed, but still not sure:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by P3ACE0WAR

In that sense if you want to talk about PressTV's credibility and not believe their report, then you have to prove the video wasn't broadcasted, and the Western media's silence is not evidence.

Mate, check my post history..
I'm on your side but I still call a spade a spade..

This seems like bull and I called it early..
It is NOT my job to prove a negative...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Amy Goodman interviews a former Israeli minister and she helps expose this trick used against dissidents, the defamation tactic of calling people "anti-Semitic."

Amy www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
OP- I've seen all those videos, please if you can find the one that PressTV is discussing.

Amy Goodman interviews a former Israeli minister and she helps expose this trick used against dissidents, the defamation tactic of calling people "anti-Semitic."

This is irrelevant to the thread. However I've been thinking about creating a thread about this for a long time. It is a very interresting subject.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I'm not worried about post history, I'm worried that people reject a report without any research to conclude decisively whether the report is true or not, hence the Norman quote, that the only relevant question is whether what I'm saying is true or not.

So maybe you should do your part regarding the OP.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

OP- I've seen all those videos, please if you can find the one that PressTV is discussing.

This is irrelevant to the thread. However I've been thinking about creating a thread about this for a long time. It is a very interresting subject.

yeah, right. Let's make it!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Ok, now I understand the relevance of the quote. However, now that we have both been looking for the video and still haven't found it, we can come to the conclusion that what your are saying is false. Keep in mind that I am a stern Israel crtic.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Ok, now I understand the relevance of the quote. However, now that we have both been looking for the video and still haven't found it, we can come to the conclusion that what your are saying is false. Keep in mind that I am a stern Israel crtic.

Secondary explanation might have something to do with the video not being uploaded in Internet, do you think that could be a possibility?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by P3ACE0WAR

Secondary explanation might have something to do with the video not being uploaded in Internet, do you think that could be a possibility?

I'm going to tell you this as a fellow Israel critic. I'm giving you this advice as I too have previously came under scrutiny for doing this. When you use evidence or use a source, make sure it is true and reliable or scholarly and factually correct. When you are wrong conceed. By doing so you will be doing the best thing possible to support your cause. Providing good information and telling the truth. PressTV is not a reliable source.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

If confirmation comes from Channel two that they actually didn't broadcast any torture videos then that is when I concede, that is merely the logical decision. Don't you think?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join