[RINGS] Game Over ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Congrats to the winner...who ever you are
. Im courious about the Grand Prize....cant wait!

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Ok - here is the long explaination of how I found it -- working with the illusion clue last night I searched and overthought it -- went thru all the illusions, went on to pictures on WOS site (BTW William -- some nice pictures and I am still trying to figure where you live) went on to the Montauk information because of his interest in that --- NADA then went to the index page and was looking thru that -- the problem there was I found some things I wanted to read and I did and then at 1am I said to heck with it and went to bed.

This morning I got up and decided I would start back at the illusion clue and pulled up the Optical Illusion Home page and said I am going to look for ANY difference in the page and saw a brick that was a little different color and when I put my cursor on it it was clickable.....took me to a graphics page titled 0 so I knew I was in the ballpark -- so of course I started with the Montauk Bunker picture and brought it up in a new page -- nothing -- so then I decided to go with the puppy picture and when I brought it up in a new page TADA there was the ring. By the time I stopped jumping up and down and put it in the Deep site it read that the ring had been claimed already.

Now with the headache I have today I am sure that was a clear as mud. I decided this morning to work around the clue instead of overthinking it -- so in a way I feel like I found it by chance -- if I had been first it would have been the first time I was happy to have a headache that made me not think quite so much.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Good job, justme, too bad you couldnt claim it. I was looking at a cached page the whole time. I found it this morning on my work computer. Stupid home computer, lousy Compaq

Oh well I have learned a lot during the hunt, history, codes, riddles, all kinds of things I wouldnt have experienced without the motivation. I would like to thank Hunt_Admin, the4, and yes even -5- for keeping me on my toes this summer.

Hopefully ATS will do this again sometime. But heck Im talking like its over, we still have to combine the words and defeat the Hammurabian line. RALLY, ATSers behing your Captains of Enlightenment. For only they can save us all.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Is it on www.subversiveelement.com...? That's what I thought reading your post, but I can't find it. I took all those pages apart using Firefox' Web Developer tools and I even went through the source. Only the ordinary links are on that page. I cleared my cache and refreshed. Can someone give me the link to the new page or can you tell me where I have to click?

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Here:

www.subversiveelement.com...
Click the brick to the right of the alien

Page with pics

Little black doggie pic, mouse over t see ring.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Damn, the difference is one letter OpticaHome.html vs. OpticalHome.html. That's why I didn't find it. I found that the link back to the index from gallery 7 leads to the misspelled OpticaHome.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
thanks zsand that was clear for everyone -- aren't you all glad you don't have to follow instructions from me for a living? I drive DH nuts trying to explain things to him
-- I keep telling him that is the difference between right brained people and left brained ones.......but he doesn't buy that at all

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Yup one letter, and the only way i found to get to it is from the 7th gallery as you said. Whoever stumbled across it was dang good. I thought I had a cached page but I just was looking at the real page, then I found the 7th gallery link and there it is as clear as day.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Ill bet WOS is sitting back going dang I didnt even get the chance to post my other clues.
Congrats to whoever found that, it took a major eye to catch a one letter difference in the URL. Certainly a true Captain of Enlightenment!

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I also wonder if someone got crafty and tried 0.html just to see if it would work.

[edit on 7/27/04 by Star_and_Crescent]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Damn it, I had my actives cripting disabled (due to pop ups), and that prevented me from finding the ring. I had to turn it on for it to work.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
congrats to who found it great job.
but H_A made it sound like this hunt would be the hardest when it was over in 2 days or close to it.I wonder if we are gonna have a hunt recap so we can read it like a story because it would make a good one.

[edit on 7/27/2004 by machinegunjordan]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hi Guys,

I've been out for a while... well the secret is out.... everyone now knows where the ring is...

I don't know if I was the first to find it or not.. it was very early this morning, I don't remember what time.

Congrats to the winner and to all who played.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I guess H_A didnt expect us to discover the pattern in the threads and mow them down the way we did.
I think they had planned for this to stall out like the other rings and then they would toss us a bone or two here and there. It was a great time none the less. I only wish I had gotten into it before the 3rd ring. Congrats to all involved it was a swell time! I look forward to hearing about the final hunt.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Star_and_Crescent
I guess H_A didnt expect us to discover the pattern in the threads and mow them down the way we did.
I think they had planned for this to stall out like the other rings and then they would toss us a bone or two here and there.

H_A just didn't expect me.
In all seriousness though I do wish the hunt for this ring would have lasted longer. I so love the journey more than the destination and I'm sorry I didn't get involved for the first three rings.

Since the forces of evil were on the trail of the 3rd ring while enroute to JC, I hope this ring reaches it's destination safely.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
yeah - congrats 2 whoever found it.

hopefully we will get to watch the 4 winners compete against each other for a grand prize now

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
im guessing the grand prize winner will become a staff member or maybe it is a real prize like a cruise or something.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
im guessing the grand prize winner will become a staff member or maybe it is a real prize like a cruise or something.

I don't see a "high dollar" gift being done... but yeah.. Grand Prize winner, might become a Special Mod or something like that....

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Now that the four rings have been claimed, I'd like to bring up the poll i am doing in honor of the hours of time and effort it took to find these four rings. I am bringing this up now so the word will get out faster, but please feel free to wait until the final ring bearer is named or the FTR game is over.

For more details on voting, please see this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

---pineapple

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
so much for the hardest ring, you blew em away who ever you are, congrats.
but i thought it might be longer, you know, another set of clues from subversive. but instead just 1 set of clues and straight to the ring, it took 2(not even) days to find.
well if thats the hardest you got i say bring it on (for the caps of enlightenment of course) and thnx alot for the competition, it had it's moments

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join