It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Stone Monuments of Markawasi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
On a remote Plateau, in Central Peru, hundreds of engimatic figures and faces have been found in the living rock. Figures that should not be there at all. An Egyptian Pharoh with headdress and beard looks almost identical to the death mask of King Tut. A gigantic face called 'The African Queen' looks similar to The Great Sphinx of Egypt. The delicate Features of an Egyptian Maiden decorate the canyon walls. All of these features can be seen in a mysterious Peruvian plateau known as Markawasi. Were these figures carved by a lost race? Was there contact between Egypt and Peru in ancient times? Were these and more than 200 other bizarre images like them carved by intelligent beings, or created by the whim of nature alone?

the Markawasi Stone Forest. First discovered in Peru in 1952, and soaring 12,000 feet above the Pacific coast on the western-most ridge of the Peruvian Andes, Markawasi was virtually unknown to the English-speaking world a decade ago.also its known for frequent UFO sightings.Markawasiis a truely mystical place one that id love to go see one day..

Lets take a look at this wonderful mystery and the wonders of nature

Hear is another video of the Inexplicable Stone Forest

Peace and thanks for stopping by ~sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I think anyone can form a "picture" of rocks much like forming pictures out of clouds.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I think anyone can form a "picture" of rocks much like forming pictures out of clouds.

Sure they can these just happen to be special i think..Id love to go there someday...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
i think alot of them come with imagination, i dont think i would have noticed them if i was there.

except the one that looked like an old man, not the inca face. the other one. that one surely looked handcrafted.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I think mostly this is the effects of weathering IMO. I am by no means an expert.

I can definately see a face on the "Old man" the one with the nose.

But if accurate, with the effects of weather are these 10 thousand or so years old?

very interesting great thread!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by esqONE
i think alot of them come with imagination, i dont think i would have noticed them if i was there.

except the one that looked like an old man, not the inca face. the other one. that one surely looked handcrafted.

I wonder if some of them were crafted and yes you need an imagination for sure...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
I think mostly this is the effects of weathering IMO. I am by no means an expert.

I can definately see a face on the "Old man" the one with the nose.

But if accurate, with the effects of weather are these 10 thousand or so years old?

Im glad you liked the thread thank you..sure there very old so weather im sure had a huge hand in the formations

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I agree. Some of them were pretty cool but a lot seemed to be a stretch with some of the outlines.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boston1023
reply to post by bluemirage5

I agree. Some of them were pretty cool but a lot seemed to be a stretch with some of the outlines.

I agree with both of you..but it it is a very neat place in history

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

I've wondered what these will look like in say 10 to 15 thousand years from now.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b80b85c86bd.jpeg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Are there pictures of what you're trying to show us? (as a moderator, I have to read so many threads that I don't have time to watch the videos) I'm EXTREMELY skeptical that a rock "looks like the mask of King Tut", but that may be because of my interest in Egyptian art.

Got some pictures (and articles)? Pretty please?

(people often casually surf this site at work and while it's very easy to swap pages when they're browsing, they can't stop to watch videos without risking getting caught (and that can lead to a LOT of problems.) Pictures and text are so much easier to refer to.)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Are there pictures of what you're trying to show us? (as a moderator, I have to read so many threads that I don't have time to watch the videos) I'm EXTREMELY skeptical that a rock "looks like the mask of King Tut", but that may be because of my interest in Egyptian art.

Got some pictures (and articles)? Pretty please?

(people often casually surf this site at work and while it's very easy to swap pages when they're browsing, they can't stop to watch videos without risking getting caught (and that can lead to a LOT of problems.) Pictures and text are so much easier to refer to.)

Im sorry i keep forgeting people look at ATS while at work just didnt think about that something to rember

my computer is old and it takes for ever to load up pics but i will try..thanks for stoping by~~sugarcookie1

top topics

join