It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True evidence of God in Bible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysStoned

suppose I'm fairly studied on the subject even have a very close relative who believes after about a month of hemp seed and multi-bean soup dieting is the reason for their cancer being stabilized (had started to spread abnormally after many "traditional" treatments)

Anthropologist Sula Benet's evidence was confirmed in 1980 by the Hebrew Institute of Jerusalem[1] that the Holy anointing oil used by the Hebrews to anoint all Priests, and later Kings and Prophets, contained cannabis extracts, "kaneh bosm" (קְנֵה-בֹשֶׂם), and that it is listed as an incense tree in the original Hebrew and Aramaic texts of the Old Testament. [2][3] The Unction, Seal, laying on of hands, the Counselor, and the Holy Spirit are all often synonymous with the Holy anointing oil.[4] Early Gnostic texts indicate that the Chrism is essential to becoming a "Christian."[5][6] Some Muslims of the Sufi order have used cannabis as a tool for spiritual exploration

a few favorite quotes

So don’t be too good or too wise! Why destroy yourself? On the other hand, don’t be too wicked either. Don’t be a fool! Why die before your time? Pay attention to these instructions, for anyone who fears God will avoid both extremes

even a question came up about false Christians being brought in. They slipped in as spies to learn about the freedom Christ Jesus gives us. They hoped to find a way to control us (by force).

For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Rudolph Diesel designed his engine to run on hemp oil.

Hemp can displace cotton which is usually grown with massive amounts of chemicals harmful to people and the environment. 50% of all the world's pesticides are sprayed on cotton.www.naihc.org...

Hemp was a primary source of paper, textile, and cordage fiber for thousands of years until just after the turn of the 20th century. It was at this time that companies like DuPont first developed chemicals that enabled trees to be processed into paper.www.sdearthtimes.com...

There has never been a documented human fatality from overdosing on tetrahydrocannabinol or cannabis in its natural form (but there has been from the man made pill form). en.wikipedia.org...

Using modern processing techniques, hemp can be used in place of petrochemicals. Instead of synthetic plastics made from oil newaghempeconomy.com...

Oregon’s House of Representatives voted June 29th to legalize the cultivation of hemp, joining North Dakota, Maine, Vermont, West Virginia, Maryland, Kentucky and Montana in lifting barriers on its production. In all, fifteen states have passed some form of legislation related to hemp cultivation while Ron Paul and Barney Frank continue to champion the"Industrial Hemp Farming Act of 2009" in Congress. open.salon.com...

and here are just a few others that connect

shall be for meat unto the fowls of the heaven, and to the beasts of the earth.-Jeremiah34
~
And after my skin is destroyed, this I know,That in my flesh I shall see God-Job19
~
And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God-Revelation19
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.-19
~
Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?-Proverbs30
~
he said unto them, How say they that Christ is David's son?
And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand
~
no one will hear his voice in the streets
edit on 17-4-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

A document can not be used as evidential support for its own claims. I can not use Harry Potter to prove the existence of wizardry, I cannot use Poe to prove the existence of talking ravens, I cannot use Lord of the Rings to prove the existence of Hobbits, and I cannot use Star Wars to prove the existence of the force.

Seriously.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Well the Bible is an exception there,because Bible is not a book written by some scholar or a bestseller author...Bible is a collection of books that seems to guide people in the very right direction.And the thing i am interested is,that author of one of the descriptions has little connection to the one that lived much before him.
I am suggesting that the guy who wrote the revelation had no knowledge of his description,so therefore both descriptions are depictions of actual events or hallucinations.

And another strange thing is that both men describe same entity but it seems they do it in their own words...they are similar but differ in details,just a thing to take in account.

Peace,David

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysStoned

Well the Bible is an exception there,

No, it isn't...I really should end it there.

because Bible is not a book written by some scholar or a bestseller author...Bible is a collection of books that seems to guide people in the very right direction.

And those books were edited, added to, redacted, and collected according to the wishes of a small group of people.

And the thing i am interested is,that author of one of the descriptions has little connection to the one that lived much before him.

Except that the author of Revelations would have probably had access to Ezekiel.

I am suggesting that the guy who wrote the revelation had no knowledge of his description,so therefore both descriptions are depictions of actual events or hallucinations.

Except that this premise is entirely flawed. You have no way of proving the premise that the author of Revelations wouldn't have had access to a book that was written a few hundred years earlier.

And another strange thing is that both men describe same entity but it seems they do it in their own words...they are similar but differ in details,just a thing to take in account.

Or it could be a cultural tradition. People of the Western Mediterranean might have had cultural norms in description. You're basically putting forth an insanely unlikely premise and then deriving a false conclusion from your unsupported premise.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I see you are very agitated by this topic...i was suggesting evidence,not imposing it,i hoped someone will add to this subject with some real research but you come with speculations and conclusions...i see no point in further discussion if you don't have something to back-up your claims

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join