It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you apologize 12-22-2012 to ats?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I wonder if the staff will move all the 2012 threads in to the hoax bin when it passes and nothing happens

but then this site has a strange view on what a hoax is so it's unlikely.
edit on 17-4-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontProbeMeBro
Here is a response that The Amused posted on one of the Comet Elenin threads:

"comets are squishy and filled with water.
if it did hit us it wouldn't do crap..so calm down people use ya heads for more than a hat rack. "

For a man who sounds like he has ALL the right answers, you sure do have some pretty flawed logic.

Please tell us, oh wise one, why you think nothing will happen in 2012, since you seem to have all the answers.
And I want to see something other than, "Nothing will happen in 2012 because you are all a bunch of dim witted liars." I want to see a FULL post proving why nothing will happen in 2012. Lets see it tough guy.

I would say nothing will happen due to history. Nothing happened last year or the year before that so on and so forth. Of course there were always doomsayers among the crowd but all their predictions and fears turned out to be nothing. I don't see any difference coming up with 2012

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Wow I just read more of your posts.

I really, really kind of....hate you.

Woah, woah, woah. Simmer down, man. That's a bit harsh.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Maybe some will if nothing happens but why does it really matter to you? People have the choice to believe in whatever they want to believe in, no matter what anyone else thinks about it.

What if something does happen? What is the problem with people preparing for the worst be it physically or mentally. Something or another is bound to happen eventually.

I'm sure your ego will deflate quite a bit IF something does happen on or around that date. While reading your post I got the mental image of a person sitting at a desk typing with a smug look on thier face.
A little less arrogance in life is a good thing I think.

You are not really in a position to demand an apology of anyone. An apology is willingly given to someone who deserves it by someone who deserves to be apologizing. People should not have to apologize for thier beliefs whether they are in fact true or not.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

reply to post by twitchy

I love you.

2nd.

Platonicly, I hope

I just get so tired of seeing people come running to every thread trying to debunk stuff with no more than a wave of their haughty hand like their very opinion is enough to preclude anything to the contrary. This OP has the pomposity to ask for an apology when he doesn't know any more about 2012 than the fish swimming around in my aquarium. Nobody does, all we have to go on is what our ancestors left for us to figure out, our hopefully honest astronomers and scientists, and our own speculations at this point. Anybody who thinks they know any more or any better than that is deluding themselves. If nothing happens on 2012, great. There's alot of people in our ancient hoistory who can't say the same though apparently and we should probably pay attention to that or we will find ourselves unpleasantly surprised someday.
edit on 17-4-2011 by twitchy because: My Toast Was Burnt

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Our viewpoints match up pretty damn well.

Let's go bowling, I will pay for your shoe rental.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

The end?

To make money from people stocking up on supplies?
To make money from people wanting security?

Also a useful excuse for people to not change the way they are living

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I'm guessing the OP will get as many apologies as flags for this thread..

The count so far is "zero"

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

reply to post by twitchy

Our viewpoints match up pretty damn well.

Let's go bowling, I will pay for your shoe rental.

Ugh, rental shoes... Let's just make it a beer, everytime I've ever been bowling I get a reminder about friction and gravity.

Sometimes I wish we could just really lay into people here, but ATS has fairly strict rules about civility here and that's what makes this forum stand out from the others. I actually miss skillfull debunkers, at least they made for a decent debate. I've lit into a few people on here though through the years but this recent surge of pseudo-skeptics who pick up catch phrases from the MSM like Truthers or Birthers for example and bring them here are just fodder for the cause. When you're only competition is guys who think comets are squishy, maybe it isn't all bad lol.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I had to flag it for that.

It is very hard to take anyone serious on here when someone predicts the world is going to end every other week.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
You tell me this.

What is the difference between someone predicting 2012 will be a SHTF scenario, and someone predicting that nothing will happen?

I wouldn't know the difference, because they both look like wanna-be prophets making assumptions about future events of which they would have no logical way to actually know legitimate answers of.

Therefore, I look down on those who say nothing will happen in 2012 as much as those who claim something will happen.

Have a nice day.

well said muzzle

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Lol people still think the world is going to blow up on the 21st or something? The way I see it, there will be a new energy here. Probably sounds crazy to some people, but hey, it beats the hell out of crying about the end of the world right?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
reply to post by backinblack

I had to flag it for that.

It is very hard to take anyone serious on here when someone predicts the world is going to end every other week.

lol, I knew someone would..

Yeah but I'm more tired of this kind of thread..
If you don't like the subject then simply ignore it..
Having a whinge is pathetic...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DontProbeMeBro

I want to see a FULL post proving why nothing will happen in 2012. Lets see it tough guy.

hahahhahaha you have it the wrong away around. The emphasis is actually on the 2012 crew to prove that something is gonna happen (not saying it won't) the OP has nothing to prove the others do hahahahahahaha!

I really, really kind of....hate you. Your account should be removed.

Removed because they have a different opinion to you? hahahahaha!

Seeing you challenged the OP, I call you to prove something will happen! Where is your proof?
edit on 17-4-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
I wonder if the staff will move all the 2012 threads in to the hoax bin when it passes and nothing happens

but then this site has a strange view on what a hoax is so it's unlikely.

This is an extremely good point! If nothing happens then the 2012 thing is a hoax. To the Mods if nothing happens will the 2012 stuff all be moved to the Hoax bin where it deserves to be? TO all the 2012 crew if nothing happens please explain why it is not a hoax then? Great point Aivlas!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
In my understanding 2012 is a year to look forward to as the world will change as we know, for the good of us all. a new age of understanding and to some"ascension" I'm sure you have all heard that before. Now what sounds scary about that? Nada.

IF it does happen I will expect a sincere apology from all you trolls laughing at us about it being an hoax and will never happen like someone mentioned earlier

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

and what proof do you have other than saying nothing will happen?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by David291

The burden of proof is on the individual making the claim. In the skeptics analysis they will produce evidence of their theory but the originator of the claim must put forth something that can be looked at first. Those claiming the world will end have not giving the skeptics anything reasonable to evaluate that hasn't already been proven inconclusive so therefore the world will not end in 2012.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by David291

You seem to miss the point! The emphasis is on the 2012 people to prove something will happen. The default is nothing will happen! So anything else has to be proven! You need to work on your comprehension skills or read the post more thoroughly!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join