It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Have Until July at Latest Even a Caveman Can See It COLLAPSENET

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Yeah no doubt TV's and stereo equipment, prolly alot of video game consoles too... I forget all the brands that Japan makes, but I know the list is huge

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Korea has a pretty big share of this market too.

Samsung and others.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Although I slightly agree with your timeline, you should back up what you say with a few more resources

Peace

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Originally posted by bjsmi2
STOCK UP ON FOOD, FUEL, WEAPONS !!

That's exactly the advice I've been giving.

I'm glad a purchased a new gun and 5000 rounds, filled the freezer and bought alot of dry goods. I'm also glad i purchased alot of seeds for the garden. I think i will need to buy a small wood stove and put it in the house somewhere, just in case. I suppose i might have to get wood somewhere. Alot of trees on the property. hmmmm. I suppose it will not hurt to go out and get a small wood stove in case the economy tanks and does a dommino effect. Electronics, alot of things have electronics in them these days. radios, tv's, your car, phones, computers, games, the list is endless. I wonder how this will effect electronics for the medical industry. Electronics is everywhere and we the people are reliant on it.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Lets see the Chinese dump toxic food and toys on us, does this mean slightly radioactive discounted cars are in our future? Great and I will be in the market for a new car in a few months, might have to purchase one of those Geiger counters after all!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako
reply to post by morder1

Although I slightly agree with your timeline, you should back up what you say with a few more resources

Peace

Sure... here we go

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Actually, car manufacturing is down as a result of the recession, it has nothing to do with natural disaster in Japan.

While some part and paint etc that comes from Japan is in limited supply, nearly all the cars that Japanese companies sell in the USA are actually made in the USA, not in Japan.

It's an interesting premise in the movie, but one that has been used in many, many disaster scenarios in books, movies, and documentaries.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

In the age of Youtube, anyone can be a legit news source (when they're obviously not!).

I'm sure some of the same users on here complain whenever content from Russia Times shows up.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I personally work in customer service and have heard first hand from people who worked for Toyota and Honda who have been laid off since japan incident... First person I talked to about 2 weeks ago and it really opened my eyes to the bigger picture of the japan incident

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I watched this guy last year. He talked about peak oil, peak food, peak everything.

I do think he's on the right track, but NOBODY knows the time when collapse is realized, NOBODY!!!

It could be next month, or 2017.

We don't know.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I think the craziest thing he has brought to my attention is...

Everything is made from OIL! Everything! All our food is made from/in oil, I think he said theres 10 hydro carbon calories used to make every 1 calorie of food... I love this rant...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Yeah, most everything that is on the food shelves uses petroleum in one step of the process or another to get it there, but there's a ton of reasoning that he leaves out.

Such as biodegradable, organic plastics made from algae, or bacteria on the cheap, or the fact that humanity does innovate when times get rough, or that you can cripple a global economy without everything falling apart, etc, etc...

I'm not sure if he's always been so black and white, but his reasoning surely is in his older age. It's too simplistic and neglectful to be reasonable, imo.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
On the bright side, maybe all the electronics in Cheney's artificial robot heart are also manufactured in Japan.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bussoboy

It basically says that the Japanese earthquake is going to drastically affect us here, layoffs, plant shutdowns ect. He says it's a possible tipping point for the U.S.

I don't buy it though, but thats what the vid says

reply to post by morder1

Thanks for the Link Morder, Im just wondering if Japan will even cash in their treasuries.....that would be a sure sign of a currency crisis here
edit on 17-4-2011 by Skerrako because: response

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Yeah that would definantly put a hurting on our financial system

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
so which is it...

another thread goes along the lines that the same video is telling us that poor 'profits/earnings' and losses will be the thing that brings down the global economy--- & Japan is the keystone.

now this same video is telling us that doom comes because the derailed industrial/manufacturing base of Japan is the main thing for the global downturn....

two threads, same speaker on the same video... two unique courses of economic doom...

thanks

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I don't believe much of what he is saying. Just yesterday, I read an article on msnbc which stated that Sendai port is already sending and receiving. It won't be long until the Yen is back to making gains on the dollar. I won't be trading my Yen for anything just yet.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Dont know about the USA but here in the UK. Honda are working 2 days a week due to parts being in short supply. Full pay for a week but only work 2 days.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Commercial shipments at Sendai port resumed Saturday for the first time since the area was hit by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami, in a fresh sign that commodity distribution is being restored. Around 300 Toyota Motor Corp. vehicles, manufactured at the factory of a group firm in Iwate Prefecture, were loaded onto a large cargo carrier at the port and shipped to Nagoya.

search.japantimes.co.jp...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
Dont forget a source for clean water... Silver isnt a bad idea IMO... Im glad I bought what I could in january, ive already made almost half of my money back, buying 30$ per oz and now 43 per oz

LOL. Your invested in the system, but think it will all collapse?

Who will pay you that 43 per oz if the 'shtf'?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join