It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Turkish Airports on Terror Alert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Responding to intelligence received on July 16, Turkey has put their airports on the second highest state of alert. The threats from Al-Qaeda imply a 9/11 style attack using the planes as weapons.

www.jpost.com
ANKARA, Turkey

Airports in Turkey have been placed on the second highest level of alert following intelligence that the al-Qaida terror network may be planning attacks similar to the Sept. 11 attacks, a newspaper reported Tuesday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Threats on many countries have increased recently: Italy, Australia, and now Turkey is added. This following the end of the promise by Osama that he would not attack European countries. This promise is over and it looks like the terror campaign is in full swing. Whether or not an attack happens, this is a tactic the terrorist employ, knowing the anxiety it causes and the financial burden on the countries who have to step up security procedures.

[edit on 7-27-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Mmm, things seem to be being stepped up at the moment don't they.

Not wanting to be too much of a doom and gloom naysayer I think that certain arabic wheels have been put in motion to create some kind of trans-continental scare-tactics to remind us all they are still out there, and still pretty mad.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'm tracking with you Benjj, they could be threatening over and over again in hopes that the "cry wolf" syndrome kicks in and the responses become lax.
That is why we have remain vigilant and not fall for the deception.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Very, very true my friend, I could not agree more. Luring us into a false sense of 'security' would be the ideal time for a massive strike.

Either that or just leave it to the US Government to ignore the signs and watch everything come tumbling down.

Whoops, did I just say that out loud?.......

new topics

top topics

join