It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Has Nasty Wreck On Bike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
While on vacation at his Texas ranch, George Bush had some fun doing his new favorite hobby, bike riding. While Bush rode all around his 1,600 acre ranch, an AP reporter followed him around , mainly for publicity purposes, and wrote some notes down. Such notes include that he flew over the handlebars and landed flat on his back and that he emits grunts with each stroke of the pedals while going up hills.

www.sfgate.com
(07-26) 18:43 PDT CRAWFORD, Texas (AP) --

President Bush charged up punishing climbs and down steep dirt paths on his high-performance bike Monday, at one point sailing over the handlebars and landing flat on his back.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I'm not sure whether this should be filed under terrorism or not.

But seriously, it just is kind of a nice reminded at times that the President who is reponsible for so much of our sanity, who is the Head of State, and is in control of the ENTIRE military, can still slip up and wreck on a bike every now and then.

Sure it dosen't do anything to help his re-election campaign, but neither did his presidency. At least it can be the butt of another joke at the Democrat convention on Thursday.

[Edited on 27-7-2004 by Kano]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
As if the one two months ago wasn't bad enough: Bush Has Nasty Fall on Bike

Or his fall "off the couch" two years ago: Bush Makes light of Pretzel Scare

US President George W Bush said he felt "great" on Monday, despite having fainted and fallen from a couch after choking on a pretzel over the weekend.

Yes, I know Kerry fell off a bike a while ago on tape, but Bush's super klutziness is speaking to a higher power in my opinion. HIS HIGHER POWER.

Having been an employer that's seen it all and heard every excuse, I'll admit you tend to hope for the best and let the first monday morning bruise go unnoticed. Then you may get worried at the second "fell off a ladder, roof or bike" but by the third "not my fault" there's a problem.

We know Bush is an alcoholic, has a DUI history and claims (depsite all evidence to the contrary that white knuckling doesn't work) that he beat his demons through Religion alone.

I'm not saying he's definitely back on the bottle and covering up his little bruises with better staged lies than the "fell off a couch" thing, but it's a very reasonable theory. More likely than "the guy's just a dolt" in my opinion, but one of the two is certainly the case.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Aparantly good ol George didn't realize you had to turn it on first!

www.bushisamoron.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Never even saw that one. Now I'm just sad.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
God Bush is a moron.

And this is the leader of the "free" world.

Maybe he'll do us all a favor and go bike riding with Kerry and they both can fall off a cliff never to be seen again.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
hmmm...

too bad he wasn't doubling kerry on the handlebars, both of 'em without helmets, and goin' 140 mph when it happened.

he-he.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Oohhh-oh-oh-ohhh Bush fell off his bike. Let's all have a good laugh. Yeah, he's such a moron...like you all haven't fallen off of a bike at one point or another. At least Bush had the guts, and strength to get himself back up and ride away, unlike Kerry who had to have his "Man servant" help him up. Christ, I can't believe how much of a big deal people make of stupid stuff like this. And the segway thing, you'd probably do that too! It's not like he was stumped, just forgot to turn it on most likely. I've never even ridden one!

new topics

top topics

join