It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Country Strong"..Really Strong Messages,the movie Surprised the Hell out of me...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Im posting this here instead of under the movie forum because of the message it provides. The message of addiction and how anyone can fall victim to it and the pressure in some peoples lives,including celebrities,that drive them into a downward spiral that they may never recover from. And finally the message of Love and how it is so important to have in your life.I went and got this movie just yesterday because my girlfriend wanted to watch it. I remember when I first saw the trailer for it,I was like "theres no chance in hell I will ever watch this"...Well I guess that chance in hell happened. I not only watched the movie but I actually enjoyed it too! I even watched it again just to make sure I did and I came to the realiztion that this is one of the best movies I have ever seen. I coulda done without all the lip synching but it has to do woth country music. I watch alot and I mean alot of movies and this type of movie usually isnt my cup of tea. The only other movies that I would say that I enjoyed Paltrow in was Shallow Hal,she played the fat girl and Iron Man movies,"Pepper"...but after watching this movie I believe she is right up there with the best of them.

I think with its powerful story and strong message that this movie provides that even the people that dont usually go for this type should give it a go and let me know if you get the same powerful messages that I got....even if you dont the movie is still way worth watching....

edit on 16-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Sounds like an interesting movie! I remember seeing this for trailers but I didn't realize it came out yet haha.

I can attest to the love people need when struggling with addiction. My sister struggles with a hard drug addiction, and it takes a toll on everyone, my family and her included, but we try to let her know we love her. Maybe the movie would hit pretty close to home with me, thanks for the post.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TripleSalCal

i know that many others, like i did myself, will try to judge a book by its cover...well in this case a movie but anways I hope you do get a chance to watch it and let me know what you think about it

new topics

join