It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan Rebel Guitarist Plays On Outskirts Of Ajdabiy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Being a guitar player, i imagine this is where I will be if the rebellion ever spreads my way...
source

AJDABIYA, Libya -- The Libyan revolution has been tough on rebel fighter and guitarist Massoud Abu Assir's rock band. His bass player was captured by Moammar Gadhafi's forces, and his drummer is off fighting on the front line. But those setbacks haven't stopped the 38-year-old amateur musician from composing songs in support of the revolution and performing them for rebels on the battlefield.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Wonderful. I'm also a guitarist and I find this just awesome.

The guitar will always be my preferred weapon of choice.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

He said he is not only fighting for democracy, but also for the right to perform his music. His band – originally called Libya Tomorrow but now known as Free Libya – tried to perform on Libyan television in the past but was told they must sing songs praising Gadhafi.

after reading that,it kill this story for me...total propaganda...trust me..it's not like that in libya ...

and the irony is the rebels are mainly religious fundamentalists.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Abu Assir, who is from Benghazi, joined the fight against Gadhafi from the very beginning but had to take a few days off recently because his wife is five months pregnant. Besides playing music, Abu Assir owns a small restaurant and coffee shop

He said he is not only fighting for democracy, but also for the right to perform his music. His band – originally called Libya Tomorrow but now known as Free Libya – tried to perform on Libyan television in the past but was told they must sing songs praising Gadhafi.

"That's why I didn't sing," said Abu Assir. "I didn't want to be a hypocrite."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0af63e3c6ce4.jpg[/atsimg]

My, oh, my! They're laying it really thick aren't they.
This "story" screams sensationalism. I don't believe this propaganda for a damn second. Just more proof that this "war" is completely asinine.
edit on 16/4/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
is this the same guy?

news.ninemsn.com.au...

new topics

top topics

join