It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YES! Ireland Says Not In This Country: Bans Genetically Modified Crops

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm sure this has more to do about monocrops than it does about the possible side-effects of consuming GMOs. Relying on monocrops can come back to bite you, as the Irish already know...Remember the Irish Potato Famine? 1 million people died because their sustenance was primarily potatoes. When the potatoes were infected with a disease, potatoe blight, it spread throughout europe destroying every crop consisting of one specific type of potatoe.

It could have been avoided had the Irish been planting a variety of potatoes...instead of a monocrop.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I see that Monsanto is using the proven method that the Tobacco Industry used ... hook em into buying there seeds after destroying the land. Its just another form of dependency based on greed.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Nice!

Germany banned it already.. now Ireland. If it gets implemented in the EU, then it might have a domino. effect... spreading next to Canada, China and eventually to the US once the corporate criminals are fully exposed, at last.

Monsanto's HQ will then move to Uruguay...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

...and when Monsanto sues all the organic farmers out of business, what then? Or when the GMO crops contaminate non GMO crops what then? It isn't about knowing what to eat and what not to eat, it's about losing the choice about what we eat. Dude.

Listen BRO, is Monsanto going to ever get to that point without triggering their own deadly demise by angry gunfire? I think not...you take that kind of choice away and you leave no choice. Who is going to ban the growing of food in your back yard? Is the answer to a corrupt system MORE LAWS and PROHIBITION? HOW ABOUT SHOOTING Monsanto's thugs when they come to sue a local farmer huh? How about a community coming together, guns drawn to defend their food freedoms?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow

...and when Monsanto sues all the organic farmers out of business, what then? Or when the GMO crops contaminate non GMO crops what then? It isn't about knowing what to eat and what not to eat, it's about losing the choice about what we eat. Dude.

Listen BRO, is Monsanto going to ever get to that point without triggering their own deadly demise by angry gunfire? I think not...you take that kind of choice away and you leave no choice. Who is going to ban the growing of food in your back yard? Is the answer to a corrupt system MORE LAWS and PROHIBITION? HOW ABOUT SHOOTING Monsanto's thugs when they come to sue a local farmer huh? How about a community coming together, guns drawn to defend their food freedoms?

You're in complete denial about how far this gone, Monsanto has their own mercenaries. Not everyone can grow food in their backyard or enough food in their backyard...not to mention how is anyone going to be able to stop cross-pollination? Monsanto is quickly gaining control of the world food supply. Wake up. Brah.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

GM crops are a LONG WAY from BREEDING...two different things that you are trying to compare and say they are the same...they are NOT.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Outstanding lets see more of this from now on, the legal economic war against the dark side!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by quitesane
Thanks for the great news. Time to move to Ireland

might not be a bad bet now if only they'd give their bankers the ol Icelandic heave!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I realy hope that this is true and that Ireland has the power to ban this,remember they are in the eu and they got a big fat bailout package when their economy crashed,im sure if thier economy goes again it will be bailed out again

Can someone on here fill me on about this hit list of countries and also, what country is responsible for carrying out actions against said countries

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
In a world where 3 billion people go to bed hungry... I think GM crops might be better than organic food.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Happy Days lads!!!

Not in this country!

Folks, I am surprised by Prince Charles actions, I really am. Shocked!

Now The Powers That Be (Eugenic Operation Masterminds and Monsanto) have an excuse to assinate Prince Charles.

Nostradamous predicted that Prince Charles would be assassinated.

Keep your eyes and ears peeled!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Great news, but....expect a giant Tsunami to be aimed at Ireland
edit on 17-4-2011 by jameshawkings because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
Interesting how the other listed countries that have also banned GM crops have gone through a huge upheaval.

Coincidence? I don't think so...

Maybe we should look into other countries that have banned GM crops?
Start connecting the dots so to speak.

Yea...cuz Monsanto dropped an earthquake on Japan when they banned GM foods...

link   

Originally posted by the_denv
Happy Days lads!!!

Not in this country!

Fist off, Lone Gunman = Awesome. Second, that news article is old, here is one more up to date: EU undermines Ireland as a GMO-free zone

Sorry but it looks as though more evil powers have prevailed, this time anyways.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dannkk

Originally posted by Sovaka
Interesting how the other listed countries that have also banned GM crops have gone through a huge upheaval.

Coincidence? I don't think so...

Maybe we should look into other countries that have banned GM crops?
Start connecting the dots so to speak.

Yea...cuz Monsanto dropped an earthquake on Japan when they banned GM foods...

Exactly what I was thinking

If you mess with the New World Order you shall be punished!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
yipee!!!!

bout the only good thing being done here!

at least they have some sence!!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow

You're in complete denial about how far this gone, Monsanto has their own mercenaries. Not everyone can grow food in their backyard or enough food in their backyard...not to mention how is anyone going to be able to stop cross-pollination? Monsanto is quickly gaining control of the world food supply. Wake up. Brah.

Wake up to what? More control at all levels of government? No thanks, I would rather simply see people take responsibility for their food intake and be informed. I am in no denial about GMO's, the infertility link e.c.t, but I am too aware of what happens when people go running to government for oversight, regulation and banning things. I will not support disarming an attacker while tightening a noose around my neck.Slim.
edit on 17-4-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
In a world where 3 billion people go to bed hungry... I think GM crops might be better than organic food.

You have no idea what you're talking about. The idea that GM crops can produce more food than non gm crops is a myth perpetuated by Monsanto. It's what they told us when they began bringing this stuff out in the 90s. It's what you saw on the news, in movies and heard in music at that time. It's not true. You don't see the 50lb GM tomato anymore, do you? It was propaganda.

There is plenty of food on Earth to feed everyone. The people going to bed hungry live in countries that have screwed them over. Instead of making their own economies, they go into debt with the world banks and then can't afford to import food. This is when they get their GM food, as the US or Monsanto sells them GM seed at hugely discounted prices.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dannkk

Originally posted by die_another_day

You have no idea what you're talking about. The idea that GM crops can produce more food than non gm crops is a myth perpetuated by Monsanto. It's what they told us when they began bringing this stuff out in the 90s. It's what you saw on the news, in movies and heard in music at that time. It's not true. You don't see the 50lb GM tomato anymore, do you? It was propaganda.

There is plenty of food on Earth to feed everyone. The people going to bed hungry live in countries that have screwed them over. Instead of making their own economies, they go into debt with the world banks and then can't afford to import food. This is when they get their GM food, as the US or Monsanto sells them GM seed at hugely discounted prices.

Exactly, it doesn't matter how much food is produced when a country has sanctions placed on it or there is genocide. GMO's could feed the world alright...and depopulate it significantly in 100 years...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
They use Selective Breeding most of the time to get the 50lb tomato, which is not genetically modifing a plant.
edit on 17-4-2011 by dwmjr1985 because: added somting

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join