It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop The Segregation!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I am fairly new to ATS, and, in fact, this is the first and only forum I have ever been a part of, either reading or posting. I joined because I noticed that a lot of my searches led here, to ATS. I have noticed that ATS is, at the moment, 217,918 plus members strong, and that’s just those of us registered; there must be many more readers than that.

I have found that there are some on ATS who are very quick to belittle and demean others for their ideas and/ or beliefs. With so many members, it is inevitable that there will always be disagreements over certain topics. Differences in religion, differences between the sexes, even differences between genres of music.

While these differences are inevitable, there are better ways to approach them other than making fun of ideas or putting each other down. There is always a “nice” way to let someone know you disagree.

We are 217,918 members strong, a small army. If we all came together, we could propagate massive ideas to all corners of the world. We could easily start a peaceful revolution, or worldwide non-compliance. We COULD try to organize a day, a time, a moment to do anything; we could even arrange a very second where everybody thinks the same though. (I read this from someone here on ATS, liked the idea). We could plan and activate anything, together.

First we need to look past our differences, or at least accept them. I know there will be agent members who will ALWAYS work to anger and put others down, belittle their ideas; this is unavoidable. But if we could all learn to approach our differences with respect and consideration, and if all ATS members were to do this, the agents and trolls would be easily flushed out.

So let us learn to comment to each other with respect and consideration for how we make each other feel. If we put each other down, we are simply adding to the negativity that the Powers That Be want us living in. Remember, the Powers That Be love to use the old Divide and Conquer technique, they want us fighting, they don’t want us pulling together.

Let us learn to try and understand each others perspectives. Let us learn to question ideas, rather than put them down, so we can understand them.. Let us understand that everyone is an individual, regardless of any organizations or religions they are a part of. It doesn’t matter if one is a Christian, A Jew, A Freemason or a Muslim; doesn’t matter is one is a Buddhist a Nihilist or a Satanist; if the individual’s intention is truly to seek the truth and do what is right, if in their hearts they wish to harm no one, if they wish to live at peace with the world, then their intentions are what matter, NOT the organization they use to seek out their intentions. So we need to recognize each other as individuals.

I think we can agree we are all here to seek the truth while expressing our own truth’s to each other. If we could look past the differences and REALLY get to know each other, we will find the similarities; and it is in these similarities that we will find the truth.

Let us pull together as one, let’s find the similarities and make a plan based on them. Let us truly unite against the forces that are trying to bring us down. I know we can do it, we have so many tools at our disposal, and we are so so many.
Peace and One Love

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Awesome point of view. Sadly, some may disregard what you have typed and continue on with their 'marry' way.

Oh and welcome to ATS, I too am kinda newish.
edit on 16-4-2011 by anon102 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Well written, welcome to ATS.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Actually, I'm all for segregation.

I say we segregate the politicians and the banksters from the rest of society. We should put them on a barren desert island somewhere with no water or food sources and say "ta-ta!"

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Though this is a very good idea, and has been brought up many times over the years, it is impossible. There are way to many people, knowledge of different levels, and ego's. Actually if you have looked around to other sites, you will see that us having the T&C rules here is one of the most peaceful places on these alternative subjects.

Every time I think things are getting tough here, I go to other sites, to remind myself how good we have it here. You'll have plenty of time to grow thicker skin the longer you are here, I have been here for a while, and a lurker for at least 2 years before I joined. I have seen just about everything.

You will learn to weed things out, and you can always use the friends option and keep up with those threads, and members that you enjoy, for those times that you just dont want to see the recent posts. There's a lot to offer here, dont base the whole of ATS, on some, but on what the threads and members that made you want to join in the first place.

Welcome, and have fun

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Oh, don't get me wrong. I myself am never offended when insults are directed my way, life has taught me to roll very well with the punches.
I just see the potential for us to carry this far and wide and actually make a difference.
Thank you for you post, it's good to know I've started with the right site.
Peace an One Love

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I would like to start by saying that this is a beautiful idea and I for one am with you, however I would like to go into the reality of the situation. Throughout history there has always been segregation. Theres "Black" rights, "Womens" rights, Multiple "Religious" rights, etc. etc. etc. The problem is people do not come together and demand "Individual" rights, which in my opinion is the most important. To define individual rights as a human being is the only way to truly make all people equal. When fighting for any other rights is segregation unto itself and we the people of Earth have not come to this point as of yet. The focus is on sects of people rather than the people as a whole.

The next problem is the majority vote. For some reason I have noticed that it is almost always 1/3 of the people want something. I don't condone drug use but here is an example. 1/3 of the people believe in the use of marijuana/hemp. They will never receive majority vote. As there are many other examples I will leave it with that As I think the point has been made.

The only thing I can see that brings people together is conflict. Look at 9/11. It is illegal to seek revenge for an action yet the government used this attack to play on the basic desire of revenge to enter into the war. In WW2 the people came together in factories for their country, yet again it was conflict that was the cause of the unity. The Civil war was entered into because entire states of half the country had a previous belief and it was challenged.

So lets put it all together. By best guess 1/3 of the people are Democrat, 1/3 of the people are Republican, and 1/3 of the people are Independent. Why is it always(with one exception in the presidency) a Dem or Rep that wins? It is because the Independent write in a candidate instead of picking one person as a group thus It dwindles down to majority of unified vote to either Dem or Rep. We, as a people (in the US), have never come together as one people for a peaceful reason with the exception of landing on the moon and even that was divided between those that wanted it and those that said "it's not possible". As for the unity for change, most people do not know what it is they really want, and again it breaks down to 1/3 want Human unity, 1/3 wants "their people" in charge, and 1/3 don't care.

So although it is a beautiful thought, and one I personally would like to see, we must find the unifying factor that the people agree with and prescribe to and "American Idol" does not count. It isn't going to go anywhere to just say "Lets get together, ya ya ya"(Parent trap
) We must find that one thing that all people want and work through that. The question is, What is that one thing?

new topics

top topics

join