It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UN “disappears” 50 million climate refugees, then botches the disappearing attempt.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well,
The story goes back a bit then comes up to date. In 2005, the United Nations Environment Programme predicted that climate change would create 50 million climate refugees by 2010. These people, it was said, would flee a range of disasters including sea level rise, increases in the numbers and severity of hurricanes, and disruption to food production. Back then, (actually, it's not that long ago) the boffins allied to the UN tied themselves to particulars and put faces on the numbers. the link below enlarges on that and also an up to date account of the "missing millions"

wattsupwiththat.com...

You will see that the missing URL's have been located. Why I ask, did the boffins not rely on the tried and tested explanation, when needed of, " I don't know the answer" in the first place.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Haaaaaa, most interesting and revealing! Good investigative work done there. Kudos for a great find. S&F

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
They would have been much better off picking December 21, 2012 as the date of 50 million refugees - then when they were wrong no notice would have been paid because of all of the other claims. It appears they've shifted the doom date to 2012 - although 50 million is only 0.7% of the population of Earth so I would imagine its a statistical probability to always exist.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
They would have been much better off picking December 21, 2012 as the date of 50 million refugees - then when they were wrong no notice would have been paid because of all of the other claims. It appears they've shifted the doom date to 2012 - although 50 million is only 0.7% of the population of Earth so I would imagine its a statistical probability to always exist.

An even better figure would have been to keep it in the hundreds of thousands. Anyway in the link there is the "new" headlining, which is exactly the same, except that it is now a 2020 forecast, with a new name polishing the old buttons,

www.google.com...

You will also see in the above link that while the emphasis is still on global warming, a lot of war zones get included as well.

Thanks for the replies guys.
edit on 17-4-2011 by smurfy because: Text,

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I love it when bull#ters are caught out.........
Great work on your part and I like the idea that it is here to stay on ATS.
S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

OK, so the 50 million climate refugees, lack of snow, Himalayan glaciers, African cropland, sinking European lowlands, and faulty/misleading statistical assumptions were a little off target. What do you expect when they've only got a $100,000,000,000 nest-egg that the Obama administration agreed to subsidize?

Maybe if they could just get a little more American capital diverted to their programs they'd get their fearmongering a bit more accurate.

s&f

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by smurfy

Maybe if they could just get a little more American capital diverted to their programs they'd get their fearmongering a bit more accurate.

s&f

They get a heck of a lot more than the 100 Billion you mention. The figures going to the UN are staggering, not including the 100 Billion to "directly" tackle Global warming/Climate change, (which is an annual figure BTW) there is another 30 Billion to a greenhouse gas project, and Billions more on other long-term UN projects, which also require annual amounts, all in the Billions.

thelastcrusade.org...

This is what makes the like of scaremongering forecasting, and the attempted cover-up so scandalous and criminal on the part of those UN officials who procure those monies under these pretences. Now they are doing it again, presumably for the next five or ten-year procurements. It's a disgrace, the American senate should be scrutinising every aspect now of the UN organisation, if they are not already doing so.

BTW, Der Spiegel now has the story today, the well written link is in English,

www.spiegel.de...
edit on 18-4-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

top topics

join