It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The USA Reserves the Right to Use Cluster Bombs - Major General James Marks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The USA Reserves the Right to Use Cluster Bombs

"Cluster bombs are designed primarily to be used against armored or tanks mechanized formations. It's a number of bombs within a bombs. It clearly is not a weapon system to be used in a built-up area like cities and against law for it to be used against civilians" says James Marks, retired US army General. However, when Peter King pointed out that the US does have some of these cluster bombs to James, he responded "Absolutely. That's why the United States reserves the right to use those."

More Info

What about the depleted uranium? Tomahawk cruise missiles are known to have depleted uranium. The A-10 warthog and AC-130 are other weapons known to fire depleted uranium. Where's the outrage there CNN? Hypocrites.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
who are we to be able to reserve the right when others cant? thats why I have been fed up with the government and military for so long...pretty soon there wont be many willing to fight for America...At least the America that they have turned it in to...and so since these ridiculas made up conflicts and so called wars are surely going to continue,it wont be long until theyll have to draft us into their bs

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Dang right we need them.

And it's not any retreat by saying they're not to be used in cities - it's like WP in cities - it's an area weapon, and the close quarters in cities would render them relatively ineffective.

However, in open ground, they will fry parked aircraft, armor, vehicles, and personnel.

We used them against Iraqis when a SF team was being assaulted by a large Iraqi force.

Wiped them out.

So hell yes.

We reserve the right.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Other countries had the right to use them but they decided to get rid of them, we didnt so that their lose

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
when a few million tanks start rolling up through our southern border

your going to wish damn why didn't we keep our cluster bombs.

leave national defense to those of us who know what were doing and what we need

and go back to american idol

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
when a few million tanks start rolling up through our southern border

your going to wish damn why didn't we keep our cluster bombs.

leave national defense to those of us who know what were doing and what we need

and go back to american idol

lol right
a few million tanks eh?

you sound like one of those blanks that buys an a fully auto rifle you know...

just in case of the zombie apocalypse..

hooah.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Question Fate

i wish i am not spending thousands of dollars on a full auto

i do love to watch zombie movies but i do not believe its scientifically possible.

the point is unless you following military weapons systems for here and the rest of the world most people just do not understand the fact of life no matter what we dont want someone somewhere else is always building bigger badder and more lethal systems.

you can either lead or follow or become the victim
edit on 16-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcherWe used them against Iraqis when a SF team was being assaulted by a large Iraqi force.

Wiped them out.

So hell yes.

We reserve the right.

You bet man, our combat controller called in an F16 with a couple of CBUs and saved our asses early on in Afghanistan - we and our Northern Alliance allies were being pursued by about 100 Taliban in vehicles and we were on foot with horses carrying motars I put him in for the Bronze Star as he called in a danger close strike first time hit.

Went back for some BDA a week later nothing but pieces of vehicles and bodies left. Wish I knew who the pilots were, I would love to thank them - without them my wife would be a widow.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23
who are we to be able to reserve the right when others cant? thats why I have been fed up with the government and military for so long...pretty soon there wont be many willing to fight for America...At least the America that they have turned it in to...and so since these ridiculas made up conflicts and so called wars are surely going to continue,it wont be long until theyll have to draft us into their bs

I think you won't find it surprising that US and Israel both have refused to sign the agreement that bans the use of these weapons.

new topics

top topics

join