It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Courting and Mating Rituals.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
We are animals. Basically smart apes.

Last night, I was reminded of this.

It was a beautiful Friday night, the moon was out, and I was in the mood to explore the night.

So before I go out for the evening, I trek into my yard and go to my plumeria tree.

I pick some beautifully fragrant flowers under the moonlight; that in itself was really fun.

I drive down to a local hang out spot where they play live music and where you can just chillax and socialize.

I see two beautiful wahine there. They are visiting from the mainland. I talk stories with them, then I remember the flowers. I go to my car and grab some of the fragrant plumeria flowers. I give both the pretty ladies a flower, and lemme tell ya, it was super effective. I made their night basically.

There is this guy sitting there, and he is looking at me like, kinda jealous I think because I was courting really well. hehe.

A little bit later, I see two familiar friends of mine who are female. I give them both flowers as well. I was like alpha male that night in the eyes of females. ALLL RIGHTTT!!!

Courtship is a dying practice sadly. These days guys just like breed with the chicks. I on the other hand, like to work for my females. You have to have the right amount of ignoring them, and also showering them with brief amounts of affection. I've kind of mastered the art.

Now, another really true thing about humans is males will fight over females. There was this one chick there who was literally surrounded by 7 guys. I took one step too close to her and they started getting a little aggressive, so I stayed away from that one chick.

We humans are so silly. Sometimes we just gotta remember we are animals, and we should embrace it.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
We have these frogs here called coqui frogs.

Every night, the males will chirp a sound, and it sounds like, Coqui!!! Coqui!!!

It reminds me of humans and weekend parties, like down to a tee. At the beginning of the night, probably around 9pm, is when the males are chirping full force.

Later in the night, maybe around 2am-3am, there are a few males left, still chirping... looking for a mate...

I feel so bad for them. awww. hhaha.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Nice thread, I to think that things such as natural attraction, not to much physical, but natural, and just someone being clever in the way they approach, or kindness in their eyes is very appealing. Men sometimes do not realize that sometimes something simple can be very effective.

Men that have many female friends seem to already have that ability, as well as women that have lots of male friends. When we look past what everyone one is is looking for we find something special.

Peace, NRE.
S&F.

BTW, I want to say very clever, but I feel that what you did that night, was more based on emotion as opposed to trying to get some

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah

Courtship is a dying practice sadly. These days guys just like breed with the chicks. I on the other hand, like to work for my females. You have to have the right amount of ignoring them, and also showering them with brief amounts of affection. I've kind of mastered the art.

You must be one of the few men left on this planet who will "work" and put some effort into a female. It's very sad really.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

This makes me want to go to a "Congregation area" and talk/court females haha.

Now, another really true thing about humans is males will fight over females. There was this one chick there who was literally surrounded by 7 guys. I took one step too close to her and they started getting a little aggressive, so I stayed away from that one chick.

Reminds me of that episode of south park where the kids are acting like cave-men with the heavy brow and all when they start finding breasts attractive. We really are not that much different to animals when it comes to mating.
edit on 16-4-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Hmm you are learning well young SolarE.
Now you just have to reach the stage where the girls fight for you
Nothing better then a drunken cat fight in a bar over who's the lucky girl that gets to share the Spanner Wagon ride home to ecstasy

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

i dunno,courting aint what it used to be,modern women are catch u next tuesdays

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think there is a word called chivalry.

That is old school. haha.

I like to bust out a little bit of that, but you also gotta be unique. Stand out, but don't force.

I don't know, maybe I shouldn't be giving out advice, but

I mean, times sure have changed when it comes to courting I must say. You know that whole kissing hand thing, I haven't seen that done in real life ever. hahha I might have to do that!!! WOOO!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Man you can become an animal if you choose lol... but you might shoot higher eh? Why not become a god?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I mean, times sure have changed when it comes to courting I must say. You know that whole kissing hand thing, I haven't seen that done in real life ever. hahha I might have to do that!!! WOOO!

Haha...my little boy makes a great gesture of kissing my hand, as little boys do, never had a grown man under the age of seventy do it though. Shame
Kissing in general and of all kinds should be encouraged, and prolonged

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BadPenny

Hey I'm going out again tonight.

Have any tips that might make a woman melt?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadPenny

Haha...my little boy makes a great gesture of kissing my hand, as little boys do, never had a grown man under the age of seventy do it though. Shame
Kissing in general and of all kinds should be encouraged, and prolonged

Ha! Your son knows a lady when he "sees" her as being an important aspect to his life. Obviously, you deserve as much. I hope you get as much or better elswhere also.

Thanks, people (most of you on this thread) for giving me a encouraging feeling as I close out the night with viewing this thread. I'm so damned tired if idiots elsewhere....

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Serafine

Yeah man we are all gods. It's true.

But at this current time, our spirits are inhabiting these apelike bodies, and because of that, we can behave like animals at times.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Very true. If we were to think of ourselves as animals before we go out, and then try to think that we want to find a more personal thing, we might have a different mindset before going out. But if you want to really get a women on the fly (no pun intended), just see what the guy next to you is doing.... and do the opposite.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

reply to post by BadPenny

Hey I'm going out again tonight.

Have any tips that might make a woman melt?

I am not sure you need any help, you appear to have what comes naturally, and there is very little that is more attractive than that given the right beholder...too many tips and you might just be dangerous.

Enjoy your evening, and if you can't be good, be careful!

(although, thinking, the girl who was surrounded by all the guys last night, if you want to score points socially, take some flowers, just for her and tell her it was because you missed her out last night...casual-like of course...no threat to anyone, but these things have wider repercussions, we may nolonger practice courtly-love but the same behaviouralisms work)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
There is an old movie you guys should watch.

"The Mating Habits of the Earthbound Human"

edit on 4/16/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

You know that even animals are more than animals....

You understand the spiritual very well, my friend... and that is a huge draw to women.

Most men can not get beyond the physical. And if you want my advice go for quality over quantity. I've had a few, very beautiful women in my life.

Trust me, having that integrity is also a big draw to the best quality women... the ones you truely want for a lifetime.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Spock: The joys of love made her human, and the agonies of love destroyed her.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Love this tread! I think our "courtship" is pure animal!!!

Look at dancing, all girls love a man that can dance, much like the bird-world. Words like "flirting" and "chirpsing" make you think of birds. I think we have a lot in commen with birds.
Although in our courtship it can work either way, normally the women wears the make up to make herself look nice for the opposite sex (although men have their hair,clothes and bling for the same effect)
One thing is prevalant in pretty much every male of every species, competing to be the BEST as the best gets te best females. "my antlers are bigger than yours" sort of thing. Exept with humans its cars or something equally materiealistic.
I dont think courtship is dying its just changing. Too many easy people out their of both sexes. wheres the challenge?
To be honest as a woman I find the whole kissing hands thing pretty cheesy.The best way to "court" a girl? is to make us LAUGH. why do you think funny men always get the women?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britgirl
I dont think courtship is dying its just changing. Too many easy people out their of both sexes. wheres the challenge?
To be honest as a woman I find the whole kissing hands thing pretty cheesy.The best way to "court" a girl? is to make us LAUGH. why do you think funny men always get the women?

You have to be careful with that one, a funny person is often a brooding mess of darkness under the jovial surface, or infinitely worse, a decade or so down the line, you suddenly realise that all their jokes are at someone else's expense and that the humour obscures a general wankerishness.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join