It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The leyend of the "Pururaucas" - The Stone Warriors.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
We all remember the movie "300". Well, this can be considered the Inca's version (with a twist). A great legend about epic warriors. Enjoy it.

(Extra : Cool cartoon video at the end).

In 1438 the great Chanca army, led by King Astoy Huaraca invaded Cusco, where The Incas were stablished.

Some sources indicate they were 50,000 highly skilled warriors ready to die. Chanca's army was in those days unbeatable. Aware of that, the old Inca Sapa Inca Viracocha, his son the Prince Urco, and most of the people escaped.

Another son of the Inca, the Prince Cusi Yupanqui, disagreed with his father decision and asked the people to stay and fight the mighty chancas. Just a few ones decided to stay and defend Cuzco.

Then, the chancas attacked and the heroic Cusi Yupanqui hold the resistance with not more than 10,000 brave incas. After a few hours of fierce combat, the incas were forced to move back.

When everything was lost, the stones of Cusco hills took human forms to join the battle. Viracocha was with them and transformed the rocks into powerful warriors that annihilate the enemies. The chancas, for the first time ordered the withdrawal. Cusco was saved. Soon Prince Cusi Yupanqui was proclaimed as the new Sapa Inca Pachacuti.

The mythical warriors, returned to be stones after fulfilled their mission, many of whom were taken to the main temples to be venerated as huacas. Until these days, Cusco remembers them as the sacred "Pururauca" invincible warriors.

Related link (spanish) : www.amautacunadehistoria.com...
Another related link (english) : incas.perucultural.org.pe...

edit on 16-4-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Interesting story I had yet to hear! S/F for briging this to my attention.

Now we know how the incas got all those massive boulders up those crazy cliffs.

the stones just walked up them, sat down, and turned back to stone.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

hahaha!.....good one.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I was just researching my Mayan calendar date and came across this New Mayan Codex.
www.lawoftime.org...

It suggests that the reason the Mayans knew technology that was way above what their 'history' allowed them, was that a returning space traveler from Tau Ceti had arrived with just under 100 travelers and then took over.
They had blonde hair and blue eyes.
One of the returnees was the leader of the Hittites, which is interesting because I had a unsolved mystery where the Hittites had held the first mention of Iron smelting after Noah's Flood and no one knew how they got so good, so quickly.
I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was the First Emperor of China, you know the one with the Clay soldiers. But that's my thought.

I suggest the Stone men were like the Hamelin story. Doors that open in the Stone, etc.
It has been suggested that there are over 100 cities under the Earth and the Mayans definitely went to ground after the Montesuma event with 100s of Llamas carrying gold.
So there could have came out of the stone doors that are mentioned in MANY myths around the world.

I have always thought that Fairytales, Myths & Legends have truth in them.

new topics

top topics

join