It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catchy Song Conspiracy: Screw Lady Gaga (you're involved too, ATS!)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Jules
And talking about it being a conspiracy is even worse, because then we are conscious that they are using music to enter into our subconscious minds. For what? I'm not entirely sure yet, but I want you to know that it's out there, so beware.

You are DEFINITELY on to something, no sure what it is either. But THIS should help:

It's all part of a cosmic unconsciousness.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
Drone is a form of music that has absolutely nothing to do with "popular" music, with a certain sound stretched throughout most or all of a song. It's actually good for meditation and relaxation. I know what you meant by "drone" though, just wanted to clear it up to avoid any confusion. Repetitive sounds can actually help soothe someone. Example of music using drones:

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 16/4/11 by AdamsMurmur because: Wiki Link

You are my newest hero. Why you ask? Because before this moment I had never heard of Two Steps From Hell ... I've been listening to them for about the last hour or so, easily the best thing I've heard in a long time. Well played sir or madame.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by xFloggingMaryx

No argument here, actually. I'm sure I've probably heard it, but the filters -- they burn us. The truth is I notice what I notice, like most people. So if a Bowie song is on, or a Nick Cave thing is playing, or something by the Ramones, or any number of other things, then -- yes, it absolutely registers. Stuff I normally find disposable, I have to consciously sit down and look at / listen to in order to choke it down past my filters. Otherwise, it's just me, whatever I'm working on in my own head, and the throbbing heartbeat of the planet's wobble as it spins around on it's axis.

My wife says I am selectively deaf. I can pick out individual notes in a sea of loud electric guitars and drums and vocals -- if I am paying attention. If I'm otherwise occupied, it doesn't matter what or who it is, it's just not getting past the filters.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
well here it is poker face www.last.fm... how ever this is the one that sticks in my head all day when i here it i will put it for your enjoyment not mine tik tok www.last.fm... and the best for last www.vevo.com... and the sad thing is these will be here www.vevo.com... and think that says it all don't you?
edit on 17-4-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)
and then there is a time when www.youtube.com... nothing else matters
edit on 17-4-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
When Lady GaGa sings about a Poker Face she means an emotionless face that doesn't express anything like a manequin.

Eh just had to say that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join