It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

best way to hide solar pannels from thieves during NWO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
since we will have many burglars trying to steal and loot resources from people, having solar panels installed on your roof would be like having a target on your house. its like a sign that just says hey everybody rob me!
this is a huge concern those people with solar panels and emergency food/water stored inn their house.

what would the best way to make solar panels less noticeable?
also what would your method of security be to stop theives?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Cover them in leaves.

Second line.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
First of all, interesting question. Not one I've really thought about.

There are a few things you could do..

For example, you could use a portable solar power generator so that when not in use you could keep it indoors. There is at least one model you can buy right now. Especially since any kind of burglary/theft would likely happen at night.

You could also design your house to use skylights that reflect the light onto indoor solar panels of some kind. Or you could just build skylights with the solar panels on the inside. The panels would probably be much less efficient this way but it would avoid putting a big bullseye on your house.

There has been talk of a certain kind of paint being developed that you could paint your house or your roof with and it would act as a giant solar panel. I heard about it a few years ago but I'm not sure if it's on the market yet.

just some of my initial thoughts.

-ChriS

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dylan201

Paint them and the roof shingles white....really..

still let's the light through and white from a distance always looks clean..

that is why painters wear white...

think about it...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dylan201

I guess it all depends on your house and the surrounding areas. My bugout cabin is in the middle of a square mile of woods. If you have a flat roof, you could build up a perimeter around it, so you could only see the panels from the sky?

Or you could use brush/shrub as a fencing type around it.

Also, I would recomend everyone look into parabolic mirrors for heating water. They will boil water even on a cloudy/misty day, and in TSHTF scenario, a warm bath will be a luxury!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

They're black so as to absorb as much sunlight as possible, you don't want them to be reflective/white. This thread is crazy

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
hide them behind your shotgun and pitbulls

i pretty sure they'll be a lot more affordable since they're not as hard to make as gasoline

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I've thought about this too, I don't live in the city but I'm close enough that I'm confident that if TSHTF I'm in trouble. Short of mass destruction I think most of us would have no choice but to ride it out in our current homes, as much as I'd like to I can't afford to buy a place in the middle of nowhere just in case, not yet anyway. I'd like to be off the grid as well but in a survival situation I agree that a roof covered in solar panels screams "hey check me out." The only solution I can come up with right now and it's ridiculous but you don't mount them to the roof. You would hang them out of your second story windows and anytime you think someones coming you just pull them in. Not the best solution but it's a start.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Bury them underground.

Or put them in a deep dark cave.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
There will not be a new world order anytime soon and this theory has been totally debunked. The world may one day form into one world government but not for a very long time.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
Bury them underground.

lol and how are they supposed to gather sunlight?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
There will not be a new world order anytime soon and this theory has been totally debunked. The world may one day form into one world government but not for a very long time.

that may be true however we will live to see the depression coming up

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dylan201

Originally posted by kro32

that may be true however we will live to see the depression coming up

Don't know about that one..i'm no economist but you could be right.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
hide them behind your shotgun and pitbulls

i pretty sure they'll be a lot more affordable since they're not as hard to make as gasoline

I love threads like these

lets you know who the real looters will be.
I mean seriously how much food and supplies do you have stocked up. when you run out youre just gonna sit there and suffer? or use your guns to go take someone elses. at least be honest when you people make these posts.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
What I did is I sat them on top of my back patio cover, You can not even tell they are there. Looks like a regular patio cover unless you are on the roof or in the air.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dylan201

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
Bury them underground.

lol and how are they supposed to gather sunlight?

The OP didn't say anything about gathering sunlight. He just wanted to know how best to hide them.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
best thing to do is not use solar panels at all. learn how to live without modern electricity. it's not very hard to do just takes getting used to.

We have free alternative energy devices and have had for years thought it's suppressed. if enough people demanded these technologies be made public and mass produces, you would not need to rely on large bulky solar panels that are expensive and not very efficient at all.

See Panacea University's video for 10 hours of these suppressed inventions www.youtube.com...

or the web page with links that has text based info: www.panacea-bocaf.org... ( much quicker but not as neato as the videos)
edit on 17-4-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: edit

new topics

top topics

join