It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US storms: death toll rises to 16.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
A terrible tornado storm has caused devastation and death in the South USA.

Sixteen people have died, and many more are injured.

Searched but found no post reporting this, so i am.

Best wishes and sympathies to all caught up in this.

Link to BBC story.
www.bbc.co.uk...

CBC.
www.cbc.ca...

Fox.
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
We're in NWGA and are just now getting power on. They say a microburst hit us.
There was so much hail it look like it had snowed.
A lot of houses and cars got demolished by falling trees and branches.
I haven't heard of any deaths here though.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Thanks for stopping by hadriana and letting us know what is happening where you are.

Doesn't look like anyone else cares enough about storms killing people...maybe if i'd have suggested it was HAARP that started it, people would have cared more...i suppose people dying just doesn't emotionally affect people these days.

Thanks again Hadriana, i'm glad you and yours are OK.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I hope it's 16..
Here in Australia they reported 22 dead..

I mean I'd rather none but 16 is better than 22..
WTF is happening with the weather??
Queensland just had an earthquake are there are warnings of flooding for tomorrow,Monday..

At least 22 people have been killed as a powerful storm whipped up tornadoes for a third day across parts of the southern, central and eastern United States, local media say.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I agree backinblack mate,

16 is bad, but not as bad as 22...i posted this last night, so it might be 22 or more by now..hope not though.

It's a weird old series of events going on around the world isn't it.

I can't work out whether there are substantially more weird and frightening happenings going on around with the world's weather, or whether we are all just paying more attention to what's going on because of 2012 predictions etc.

The EQ's going on are certainly odd though, as apart from Chile Japan, most of all the large EQ's we've seen in recent times have all been on previously *Unknown* fault lines...Haiti, Baha, Christchurch...

Maybe it's due to unusual Solar activity, maybe it's connected to our transit through the Galactic plane, maybe it's HAARP or some other man made 'tool'...who knows, there's a *lot* of 'maybes', and not many facts, apart from there being a lot of people being killed around the world.

Cheers for posting mate.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

This is not abnormal, not by a long-shot. We have had much worse here in the Southeast, 16 dead is a tragedy for the family and communities but I think it is over 25 dead now. Either way it’s not a shock to me.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
At least they the tornados did not happen at night so people had some notice and time to go somewhere safe.

It is pretty crazy that this has all happened just the past few days. The storm visited PA too but thankfully it wasn't much of anything by the time it got here.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
revise that as it now seems much worse than initially reported...

death toll reaches 45 at least
i hope all you brothers and sisters across the pond are okay and the toll does not climb any higher.

'45 dead' as tornadoes rip across US

stay safe

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

Cheers for the update mooseevernel.

Looking very bad.

Wouldn't it be nice to have some bloody good weather related news for once. Everything weather related seems to be about death and destruction lately.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by itaii
At least they the tornados did not happen at night so people had some notice and time to go somewhere safe.

It is pretty crazy that this has all happened just the past few days. The storm visited PA too but thankfully it wasn't much of anything by the time it got here.

Thanks for letting us know itaii, glad PA didn't get hit too badly.

(The storms did catch a lot of people in their beds...it's been going on for about 3 days so far i think)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

i know mate, everything on the news is doom gloom and death these days its rather depressing its a wonder anybody actually gets out of bed

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
the news said 60 tornados hit NC??

More than 200 tornadoes have been reported during the three-day storm.

weather.com

top topics

join