It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Media Are The Enemy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The real reason the MSM is the way it is is because the people who work at said media outlets are more concerned about keeping their jobs than making sure the company they work for prints the truth.

There are no investigative journalism any more.

When it comes to government news stories, the government write those themselves not the MSM.
The MSM just reports from the press releases they receive, word for word. A journalist didn't find out that story themselves. That is something that has been happening since WWI.

Then of course when they do write their own stories they are not written for truth either, but to help their own career. Digging into stories like 911 is not a good career move, and let's face it people are selfish.

In my younger politically active years I had quit a bit of contact with journo's, and experienced their methods of using artistic license in their 'stories' first hand. None of them ever had the truth as their main interest, only sensationalistic stories that will sell papers.

The MSM doesn't have to be in on anything to help spread lies.

Good thread!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Yankee451

you should check out this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=11093267#pid11093267

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hey I just created an account here, basically because I just made a video showing some really suspicious activity by the Leventhal "Harley Guy" interview. The guy who fed the initial official story before WTC7 collapsed. I caught MIB-esque men associating themselves with the fox reporters such to the extent that there was unsaid communication going on between them (this goes beyond merely noticing them, as many have done). My video shows all of this. Please check it out, here: www.youtube.com...

I would like to make this its own thread but there is a restriction on new members, and I really just want to get this out there, because I am a huge 9/11 conspiracy theory lurker that wants to take action.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neveos
Hey I just created an account here, basically because I just made a video showing some really suspicious activity by the Leventhal "Harley Guy" interview. The guy who fed the initial official story before WTC7 collapsed. I caught MIB-esque men associating themselves with the fox reporters such to the extent that there was unsaid communication going on between them (this goes beyond merely noticing them, as many have done). My video shows all of this. Please check it out, here: www.youtube.com...

I would like to make this its own thread but there is a restriction on new members, and I really just want to get this out there, because I am a huge 9/11 conspiracy theory lurker that wants to take action.

You realize that except for those people that may have been watching Fox news at the very minute Mr. Harley Guy was being interviewed and paying close attention, the only other source for this report is linked to conspiracy discussions? In other words, as means for embedding the concept of the buildings collapsing as a result of the plane crashes, this is a very poor vehicle. A street interview with a guy in a baseball cap and a t-shirt shown one time in the general media. Outside of conspiracy circles I have never heard any reference to this interview. I doubt many people know of it or gave it any weight.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Right, well, I actually want to postulate they hoped the interview would coincide with the collapse of the WTC7, and that this interview would catch it.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by hooper

We know, you believe in the stories spun on tv and nowhere else, if it isn't a big story on the news, it's not for you.

I laugh when you say you are discerning, pray tell me just one large story you have heard on the news that you disagree with, or you just like the political game, it is all "spin".

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
reply to post by hooper

We know, you believe in the stories spun on tv and nowhere else, if it isn't a big story on the news, it's not for you.

I laugh when you say you are discerning, pray tell me just one large story you have heard on the news that you disagree with, or you just like the political game, it is all "spin".
Hey would you mind putting that video... specifically this one : www.youtube.com...

in its own thread? I cannot bother posting around to do that without it being illegitimate. I really want to get that video out there to the people interested in the conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by hooper

But hooooooper. The TV is ENTIRELY controlled. They're struggling to get hold of the Interweb, and flood it with disinfo so people like you can point to it, but One has a MUCH higher chance of encountering the truth HERE than on TV.

But if YOU want to remove yourself from the Interweb... Heh. I won't beg you to stay. [smile]

You know what the irony is here? You try to appear to be above it all, too clever by half for the propaganda, too savvy to fall for the "news" yet you have managed to fall for all the conspiracy fads hook, line and sinker. Moon hoax, 911 inside job and I'll bet you that you think JFK was killed by the CIA or the Mafia or some combination thereof. But you like the conspiracies because they make you feel like you're in some secret that no one else is, that you're something very special. And the problem is when you watch the TeeVee you are reminded that you are not.

Huh? If you say so, hoop. When I watch TV I am reminded of how pathetic and pandering the media are... I rather DON'T like the conspiracies, because the implications are ugly, but I'm not stupid enough to ignore them. I'll bet you think the world is conspiracy-less and that the "news" (that entertainment and NOT news) on MSM is "the truth." You cling to the idea that conspiracies cannot be, or would be "caught out" every time. And I try to appear. Either I have appeared or not. HOW I appear is subjective to the observer.

But I'll let you have your mini-snot fest here, hoop. You just go on thinking the world is a Disney movie, where the "good guy" wins and cannot be hurt. Where everyone is above board all the time.

Enjoy that, hoop.
edit on 4/17/2011 by Amaterasu because: tags

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Will you please make this video its own thread? www.youtube.com...

Please, I need this to get out there. It is so damning.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
My dream is that we will have a world where life is sacred, creativity and productivity are rewarded and justice is the same for the rich and the poor.

My dream is just like yours except...everyone is "rich" and there is no money. And the media bring truth.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neveos
reply to post by Amaterasu

Will you please make this video its own thread? www.youtube.com...

Please, I need this to get out there. It is so damning.

I'm not sure why you can't put it up yourself. I have embedded it with the youtube code x3qa1PbBf-o.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Pretty much describes a lot of people on ATS in a couple of ways.

1. Posting new threads on silly topics that have sensationalist innacurate headlines in order to glorify themselves with stars and flags.

2. And then people just react to the headline without reading the article or checking its authenticity.

3. And others (crazily enough) use the mainstream media as sources for their evidence.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
How could we take down Media? How can you show the people the true media, so that they lose all cred and crumble? is that possible?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
[more
Excellent thread, so to summarize the real problem is our ability to believe what we hear and see. If we simply just stopped believing we would just know. When we let go of believing knowing is revealed. It was always there, but is not revealed until we let go of believing what we are hearing and seeing. Both of these mediums are the easiest to manipulate, they can be twisted. Same as these very words, they can con you in to believing. Only each individual can decide to leave aside our outdated software. The big difference between on text and another is that some are purely written to deconstruct other text. This thread seems to me to do just that, so cant be bad!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Thankyou, this thread is a godsend. Im doing my sociology assignment right now on the mass media and how it affects youth and all those links and bits of your thread are amazing. Hope you dont mind if a quote them.

What I noticed that is quite amusing is that it is soo obviouous when there is some sort of political agenda behind something just by looking at its name. 'Martial Law' and 'National Security' Just to name a few, i dont know how but they are just extremely transparent. lol

9/11, to me anyway always felt to orchestrated to be completely true. Yes the towers fell and millions died but which is horrible and all but as soon as you here extremist, terrorist and conspiracy theorist in the same sentence it really loses its credability. It was also completely predictable, the whole thing was like a movie.

Anywho, the more mainstream the source the more skeptical im going to be of the article. Its funny how were told not to believe anything on the internet and to only believe information on recognised news sites (Fox etc.) but the opposite has been proven to be true. hah.

reply to post by Myendica

Yiasou. Signomi, then milaou elinika.

edit on 17-4-2011 by littlecloud because: added

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
How could we take down Media? How can you show the people the true media, so that they lose all cred and crumble? is that possible?

I think media will take down themselves...

I liken it to the way the Myan civilization faded away...I believe so much religious propaganda and spectacle was required to hold society together that eventually when the average folk stopped believing, the people simply wandered away. This can explain how their cities were abandoned; not conquered or destroyed...folks stopped believing in their god-kings, and moved on. My two cents anyway...I think the same thing is happening now in our society, with folks' credulity being strained by the media's own BS.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
While not everyone on the media is an insider, most are just gullible and believe the official lie, there are CIA operatives working within the media. They most likely do not get a direct check from the government but they are "disinfo agents" and so lack of a better term, since the CIA created operations like operation mockingbird and COINTELPRO to control public opinion through propaganda, these media talking heads are certainly tools of propaganda no matter what alphabet agency you accredit them to. Their lies do not stick and more than anything else they just expose themselves as being agents, but at the same time they are forced to speak about the official lie and so the fairy tale becomes more ingrained, which to anyone consciously paying attention, just makes it that much easier to see what is going on, because the contradictions, lies, distortions, and propaganda tricks become obvious and so you recognize certain new soutlets as being untrustworthy. The only unfortunate 'collateral damage' to all of this is that people will distrust all media outlets since a few of them are corrupted, just like people start to hate all government because a few criminals exist in government. But eventually this rage subsides and people see the true enemy of humanity and the light of truth purifies the darkness.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

EXCELLENT overview of marketing, advertising, PR and propaganda. Many kudos to you. ...I was totally heartened by the concluding paragraphs in your reference here:

...Unfortunately, most people are not capable of really thinking things out. Most people really do buy perfume because of the emotional imagery. Most people really do believe the "independent expert", whether in politics or buying a car. Most people want to go with the crowd, or follow the leader. To do otherwise requires independent thought and the willingness to be ostracized, which is an unbearable psychological burden for many.

If you want to take heart, remember that the Vietnam War ended because a few people just continued to speak against it, despite the overwhelming government propaganda for it. ... If advocates of freedom continue to speak against the creeping tyranny that our masters justify on the phony grounds of the War on Terrorism, we might just be able to prevent the transition from Republic to Empire. The thing about propaganda is that, once it is exposed for what it is, no one listens anymore. People tune it out, just as the slaves in Russia and China learned to tune out their official propaganda.

S&F&

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Exellent thread, and to be honest the best one I've seen so far on this forums.

I would like to add something:
It's not only the news which is propagada or is bad for you it's all TV.

Watching it on a regular basis alters your brainwaves permanently. Various people are telling you this including Alex Jones who mentions it every show.
But it's not only that. If you do stop watching it for at least a year something very dramatic will happen. You will suddenly notice that everything is acting it's the way people talk, move and look. Which is very very different from real life.

Again please do yourself a favor and at least stop watching TV the regular way. Even watching series on the internet is bad for you though. I have to admit that I do that myself some times and I cannot see the acting so obvious like the time when I didn't consume any of this media at all.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kybertech

I would like to add something: It's not only the news which is propagada or is bad for you it's all TV.

They get us with computer monitors too, the bastards. Flicker rate...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join