It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a motive behind seemingly overplayed songs on the radio?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nogard2012
For some reason I have been noticing certain songs being played on the radio more often than usual popular songs since mid 2010. Most of the seemingly overplayed music appears to be of the Hip-Hop variety or of a similar type.
Examples include:
"Dynamite" by Taio Cruz
"Baby I Like it" by Enrique Iglesias
"Poker Face" by Lady Gaga

I don't know why but is it possible that this is overplaying of a certain genre of music
intentional for some reason(brainwash,dumbing down,mind control,etc.)

That is not hip hop.

this is hip hop

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by drock905

This doesn't happen at the station where I work. They can't get people to spin most of the stuff that's sent in!

I've never personally been bribed to play music. Sometimes, bands will insist but that's easily ignored, especially if their music is #.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
music is an expression of a raw emotion.

love, hate, lust, kill, rebel, adore, protect etc..

after they killed off the golden generation of musicians (bob, john, jim, jimi, etc etc etc) they decided they couldn't stop people making music that carried influence (e.g. anti vietnamism) so what was their only alternative?

flooding the market with passion/soul-less sh#t from under-sexed teenagers with no experience in life... Idolism could then promtote the word of the man instead!

edit on 17-4-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

Sucks thats the way things are, anything can be bought, from airtime on the radio to members of parliament.

money destroys the world

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join