It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does it even matter who wins the presidency anymore?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

You're right.

It really doesn't matter anymore at this point.

Bush/Clinton/Bush/Obama/???

They've all been one and the same over the years. One president continues or enhances the other president's policies.

I get physically ill when I see people hawking Donald Trump, Sarah Palin, Rand/Ron Paul and even Obama (especially those in denial).

I think I will sit out the 2012 election.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HorizonMan

Here's something that has been bugging me ever since I heard about Ron Paul. I hope you will hear me out on this.

When people said the same things about Obama, they were bashed mercilessly by the right. However, now that people are practically calling Ron Paul their savior, their last hope, etc, that it's suddenly O.K for them to do so?

Isn't that hypocrisy?
edit on 17-4-2011 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
As a country of free people, with ideals, dreams & visions beyond any other nation in the history of the world, and the ability to accomplish the seemingly impossible - we've had one heck of a good run. But, with a great deal of sadness, the red, white & blue is fading, the chevy has stopped running and the jammed packed churches on Sunday have dwindled to few. The day the music died for a President that last represented the wellbeing of the people was, as has already been stated.....Nov. 22, 1963. We got the message then, but are just beginning to understand it now. As Robert Kennedy said shortly before his assassination - "I've been so naive." Haven't we all?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

Originally posted by kro32

IMHO, our future presidents are picked very far in advance. We have no choice, there are a select few that have the running, and then dependent on the populace, one is chosen. Taxpayers pay for the false elections, to make them seem legit, and the money that is raised for the presidents, is payed back into the system, to make it seem more legit.

Their platforms are based on a popularity contest, and the votes have as much chance of being counted as a legless kid picked to race.

Peace, NRE.

Why do people insist on interjecting this absolutely baseless stuff into good political discussions. There is absolutely no evidence of presidents being picked and they are oftentimes so radically different each election it makes no sense. Go away

Oh I'm sorry, does this not fit into your political prospective... to bad. This is the way that it has been, there is no sugar coating it, or making it sound like people have a voice, if that was the case, then things would be better... right?

Why would a thread like this even be necessary, or these questions be asked, its because we know that the system is flawed and are trying to see what we can do to change it. Those who ignore it, just relay the message to others that this is ok, and that yes we matter, even though year after year we are shown that we dont. Wake Up!

NRE.

Your not claiming the system is flawed though, your claiming it's already pre-chosen which it's not and you can't offer one shred of proof to back up your claim.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The US President does'nt run the show and much is kept well away from him. The US President does exactly as he's told when he's told.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I sometimes wonder one thing. Let's say that Ron Paul did get elected as our president. Do you think he would have the power by himself to End the Fed, or to stop all the endless wars? I hope he does have a chance if he runs in 2012, but I don't think it makes a difference at all who is president. TPTB almost always seem to get their way.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

IMHO, our future presidents are picked very far in advance. We have no choice, there are a select few that have the running, and then dependent on the populace, one is chosen. Taxpayers pay for the false elections, to make them seem legit, and the money that is raised for the presidents, is payed back into the system, to make it seem more legit.

Their platforms are based on a popularity contest, and the votes have as much chance of being counted as a legless kid picked to race.

Peace, NRE.

Why do people insist on interjecting this absolutely baseless stuff into good political discussions. There is absolutely no evidence of presidents being picked and they are oftentimes so radically different each election it makes no sense. Go away

Oh I'm sorry, does this not fit into your political prospective... to bad. This is the way that it has been, there is no sugar coating it, or making it sound like people have a voice, if that was the case, then things would be better... right?

Why would a thread like this even be necessary, or these questions be asked, its because we know that the system is flawed and are trying to see what we can do to change it. Those who ignore it, just relay the message to others that this is ok, and that yes we matter, even though year after year we are shown that we dont. Wake Up!

NRE.

Your not claiming the system is flawed though, your claiming it's already pre-chosen which it's not and you can't offer one shred of proof to back up your claim.

Though I am having an "electoral" blast with you I have decided to bow out of the race. Not because I will lose, but because it doesn't matter. Out of all the responses you have decided that you would "run" against me. I will now show you what the US has been showing the people for to many years now... my back.

NRE.

BTW, I want you to show your process it this matter. The things that will not excepted as proof of what you said is "The Weekly World Dumb Dumb, or Fox News, or anything Carl Robe said. (That's a metaphor) I love Saturdays on ATS!
edit on 17-4-2011 by NoRegretsEver because: to add sarcasm, as it is sorly needed!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Why do you think Kennedy's dead?

Why do you think that Eisenhower's warnings about the military industrial complex fell on deaf ears?

Then there are americans who believe that LBJ personally ordered Kennedy's assassination.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by InFriNiTee

No he would not have that power.

If Obama had no power to stop anything, then neither would anyone else.

Even if the Senate was all tea party.

I think that we've established that the President's powers are limited and that sometimes, he is nothing but a mouthpiece for the bidding of Congress.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I think it`s true that the president is chosen in advance, or at the very least put on a shortlist of acceptable candidates.

Acceptable to big business and pentagon/CIA. These are the true power centres in US today.

The ordinary people are seen as little more than serfs/peasants, not posessing enough intelligence to make important decisions etc.

So to answer the question...I don`t think it matters who wins.....your always gonna get more of the same.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Thats the alternative when a President does'nt do as he's told and fights those who control him

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I am done voting.....I am done with politics because its all corrupt.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Peace, NRE.

NRE.

Though I am having an "electoral" blast with you I have decided to bow out of the race. Not because I will lose, but because it doesn't matter. Out of all the responses you have decided that you would "run" against me. I will now show you what the US has been showing the people for to many years now... my back.

NRE.

BTW, I want you to show your process it this matter. The things that will not excepted as proof of what you said is "The Weekly World Dumb Dumb, or Fox News, or anything Carl Robe said. (That's a metaphor) I love Saturdays on ATS!
edit on 17-4-2011 by NoRegretsEver because: to add sarcasm, as it is sorly needed!

What?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

As far as I know it has not made a difference since Tammany Hall. I don't think it is going to make a difference now.

I think we should all write in Charlie Sheen in protest. And Charlie should be ashamed because of it. But he won't be.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Here is something I don't get ... why are people claiming Ron Paul is the next savior? Perhaps I'm just paranoid but I think RP is another 'Manchurian candidate' or puppet president playing on the hopes of the American public.

What I don't understand is how folks in general just place there trust into a person who is vying for the position of presidency in the first place.

I don't know about you folks but I'm sitting the next election out. People don't matter anymore, money does.

Government as a whole is corrupt beyond fubar.
edit on 17-4-2011 by anon102 because: (no reason given)

... or perhaps they made it that way to discourage people from voting? I just want the truth dammit!
edit on 17-4-2011 by anon102 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I guess it's just l'il ol' me.

I still vote.
I still believe my vote counts.
I still believe that any of us can make a difference.
The system isnt flawed, the people are.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It really doesn't matter who the puppet is in office, because the people pulling the strings will find a way to make it their advantage. They'll make it work somehow... All you Illuminati believers, you know what i'm saying?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Most of you have already come to terms with the state of affairs in our electoral process. Yet some still adhere to the idea that within the process, there may be a solution. I contend there isn't.

I differ from most who feel the government is the problem; because I think it's not the government that must fall... it's the political party that must fall... and yes that is the singular form "party" - because over the last 10 decades or so they have proven that they are one... equally beholden to anything but public service (and the "oaths" they ceremoniously take.... the same way professional actors take an oath to the script they are handed by the director.)

PS - I vote too. I always vote. It's the tradition that will keep us 'honest' when the time comes for a new way....
edit on 18-4-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I completely agree I have become independent by default.

I also agree the politicians are not the problem. I feel each individual in the government has honest intentions but due to the bureaucracy, two party system and vast agencies with there own agendas - it all goes to !@#$.

Would like to hear thoughts on how this disaster could change, if you know any?
Except for the extreme ones I sure don't!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
All I know for sure is your vote absolutly dosn't matter. When you vote for someone it's because you want to implement that persons ideals. Presidents, have never had the same ideals as any of the voters and they never will.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join