It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Children As Young As 12 Allowed Puberty Blocking Drugs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
If something is so miserably wrong with the world that children of 12 need to stop puberty so they can make a decision about gender then something is very, very, wrong.

When something in the environment of fish or frogs cause them to alter or lose their reproductive capabilities or in some cases change their sex outright people notice it and scientists study it and it is in the news.

People don't create a [SNIP] contingency for it to make the amphibians more comfortable with it!.

They remove the toxin!
edit on 17-4-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 18/4/11 by argentus because: removed censor circumvention

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

"First of all, kudos to the people trying to blur the line between sexuality and "gender roles" as if there is any distinct difference. Your levels of disinformation and obfuscation have reached black-magic levels."

There is a difference between sexual orientation and gender roles. For example, a trans man could be attracted to men, or women; therefore he is either a gay or heterosexual trans man.

"Children, do not even know how the reproductive system works, much less how their opposite gender's private parts even function. They don't know how it feels, they don't know what it's like to have deep emotions.. absolutely none of the above. To suggest otherwise is insane. To suggest a child should be convinced to DESTROY their body to transgender because of some non-existent disease.. oh no wait, it's not a disease, it's a 'choice', is absolutely horrid. It is child-abuse of the highest order."

I'm a gay man and when I was a child, i.e. before puberty hit, of course I was not having sexual thoughts or feelings, but I was definitely having emotional responses to other boys that I knew were different from everyone else in my class, i.e. I would get very strong emotional, almost romantic attachments to other boys. Your comments are misguided because like most homophobes you think sexual orientation is all about sex and the sexual act.

I'm not trans but I have a lot of friends who are. They've gone through hell, transitioning to their real gender via medical treatment, hormones, surgery etc. If they had been able to delay puberty this process would have been much easier for them, and that's all it is - delaying puberty for kids who think they MIGHT be transgender. If they decide they are not, then they can go through puberty as they would have done anyway. If they are, then they need a lot less medical intervention.

If I may say so, your comments about trans and gay people are uncalled for. You don't really understand it, but you rail against it anyway. People's sexual orientation and gender identity are not battlegrounds for you to fight your culture wars on. Do you really think that a trans person is going to think, 'Oh I'd better live a life of unhappiness and deny my true identity, because some people think it's 'wrong' "? You're not changing anything, just contributing to the general lack of understanding and empathy in the world, and making people's lives unpleasant.

signature:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

No matter what kind of drugs you take or whether you cut off your penis or have one attached a man is a man and a woman is a woman. You can't change your gender just because you mutilate your body and there is no drug whether it slows down puberty or not that can magically change you from male to female or vice versa. There is a set order to things and apart of that order is that men are men and women are women no matter what you look like on the outside. Thats just the way it is.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
There is definately something wrong with our young kids when this happens:

Kids having sex change operations:

USA: Boy 8 has sex change:
www.telegraph.co.uk...

UK: Boy 9 has sex change:
www.thesun.co.uk...

Australia: Boy 10 has sex change:
www.news.com.au...

There are 100s of these stories; a majority of them are young boys and their parents ok'd it. Although I still have to do more research on the topic but so far articles are saying at least 30% of these kids later regret their actions of having a sex change and I'm yet to look in to how many of them end up committing suicide.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Ugh, this thread is just disgusting and ugly. The amount of ignorance regarding GID and transgender youth. A couple people already covered how I basically feel, so I won't repeat it...you can probably guess who they are. And the OP's avatar, with a unicorn puking a rainbow basically tells you everything you need to know about how much he hates gay/trans people and probably want to do everything possible to get on his moral high horse in order to make other people's lives hell...the fact that he advertises as such to everyone on ATS with such an avatar is proof.

Transgender youth DO exist, even though you would like to pretend they don't and thus make their lives hell. Most transgender people know since they were young children, usually before 5. If all you can do is spread lie after lie after lie here, than you really need to just STFU and read a book!

Here I'll help you out a bit, not that it will help any, as I've found most people with these sort of repugnant views set back in the dark ages to be completely closed off to any evidence of the contrary. God help their children if they happen to be gay or transgendered...attitudes like this is what cause people to become suicidal.

Puberty is a very difficult time for almost all transsexual youth, and many other transgender youth as well. Puberty is often considered to be a difficult time for everyone in many ways. But unlike their peers, who may be excited about bodily changes and thrilled with growing up, transsexual youth are appalled by the changes that take place. While their peers may seem to be happy about going through puberty, the changes that they are experiencing do not feel right. The androgyny of childhood is lost at this time, and transsexual youths see changes in their bodies that make them very uncomfortable and put them through considerable agony.

In addition, many physicians insist that adolescents go through the puberty associated with their chromosomal sex before they prescribe hormones that could have prevented the feminization or masculinization of a transsexual man or transsexual woman, respectively. Because of this, some transsexual people must often undergo expensive, risky, time-consuming, and painful procedures to reverse pubertal changes that could have been prevented with early intervention.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
As young as 12? Maybe it is because thats when puberty begins? When do you want to administer puberty-blocking drugs, if not at the beginning of puberty?

Anyway, this is a sensitive issue, and every such drug needs to be prescribed carefully, with the wellbeing of the child being the ultimate aim.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by meeneecat

On the transgender issue.......

this seems to be a more "modern" term used of recent times and I have to wonder, without checking, if there was any research done in to this subject before 1950

I'm not sold on the idea on transgender persons but I do have to wonder if it's more of a psychological or "environmental" problem causing it. 30% regreting their decision after having a sex change is very high.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

And yet more abuse...

Puberty is a natural development. And if it is happening earlier - that is by nature.

Giving people these drugs is abuse.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

some are as young as 6-8 years of age......and most of them are boys
edit on 17-4-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Maslo

some are as young as 6-8 years of age......and most of them are boys
edit on 17-4-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

Any links, please?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I did post links......just afew posts back

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I watched a show a few weeks ago ( something like Dr phil or oprah ) and transgender came up as a topic.
There was a little 'boy', i say boy because his physical charateristics made me determine him as so even though he was technically a woman and his mother and father had done an awesome job on making him feel accepted throught his growth and gave him the choice to make a decision when the time was right. From memory i think he wanted to be a boy but not so sure.
Then a psychologist came on who was originally transgendered but then was forced to become a boy by his parents and it had obviously done more harm than good as he grew he decided he wanted to be a girl.
I think the issue here is the stigma the transgendered children get that make them messed up, not just the issue in itself. If they are forced to partake in a gender role then THAT is what makes them confused in their sexuality. If you give the child support then when they come to a time that they can choose they will.

In saying that: I think these drugs are wrong. completely and utterly. The issue is a mental one that the kids face and its because of stigmatism and the pill isnt going to fix that. Imagine a 20 year old transgendered man with the body of a child and the mind of a 20 year old, what kind of pills can you take to fix the mental problems that are going to come with that?
People throw pills around as if they fix things, they dont. They fix symptoms and 'problems' but these problems often come up because there is another imbalance in the body. Here the problem is not the transgenderedness because it is natural if not common in nature. Its the mental problems that come from people being unaccepting.

If people were open, this problem wouldnt even exist. These kids would just grow up, let nature take there course and then make their decision. What if they dont even want to make a decision? Leave them be. Some love their transgendered bodies. One of my dads friends is transgendered (looks like a girl although some male characteristics but has a penis) And absolutely loves it. She says that this is what god gave her and she will use it as she likes. People dont even need to make a choice! Its us that makes them feel as if they do to fit into our little politically correct society.

Sorry for the rant, made me a bit cranky

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
This is for transgendered people. When a young person is diagnosed as being transgendered the drugs block puberty so if they decide to go through with the full sex change this enables the person to pass as their desired gender and will eventually take hormones that will cause puberty of their desired sex.

Which is equally wrong. How on earth can a child be transgendered, what a stupid concept and slightly disturbing. What is wrong with this planet?

Edit: Just reading some of these posts - some members who are pushing transgenderism on children and claiming that kids as young as five know that they are the wrong sex. Unbelievable.

You people NEED to get your heads checked. And possibly stay away from children, you sick, depraved people. Just because your own lives are screwed does not give you quarter to start messing with other people's lives. You are part of the problem and not the cure.

edit on 17-4-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Maslo

I did post links......just afew posts back

Those links do not talk about these children having hormone therapy or sex change operations at such a young age. They mention that they will have it in the future, when entering puberty.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
So much for ATS being open minded.

Just because a person can't relate to this personally doesn't mean there is no room for empathy.

I don't need to play god and tell people they aren't feeling what they are feeling. This is no conspiracy, in fact to suppress the truth that there are folks like this is the conspiracy, and it looks like a lot of ATS members are complicit.

These cases begin very early in life, i don't buy that 32% regret changing, or if they do its for other reasons.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by HorizonMan
So much for ATS being open minded.

I am open-minded, but this is abhorent.

Firstly puberty is a NATURAL process that shouldn't be interfered with.

Secondly, NOBODY should be allowed to have a sex change until they reach adulthood and are capable of making decisions for themselves, after the confusing journey of puberty.

Anything else is just monstrous and makes me really worry about the state of humanity.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

If a child can be gendered, then it can be transgendered.

There's recent research to support the proposition that gender and sexuality are 'hard-wired' into the brain. See for example:

www.sciencedaily.com...

This makes it perfectly possible that a person whose physical appearance is of one gender has a differently gendered brain. It's just a plain fact that many people, also, are born intersex, that is, at birth it's impossible to make the call on their sex. In the past a gender used to be assigned at birth and people forced into one or the other. Now the enlightended thinking is to wait until puberty.

So, my friend, I'm afraid that your insistence on seeing this as a polictical issue or something to do with 'them queers' or 'them liberals' is misguided. It's a matter of biology, well-documented. You'd condemn people to miserable lives because they don't fit in with your worldview.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
More insanity from the UK.

As many have said... giving this kind of drugs to kids who don't know what the hell they are is truly disgusting and will screw up many people for their entire lives.

This is a sign of a society run by pedophiles and sickos.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
you now how nowadays its not uncommon to come across a person who has been married multiple times? maybe on their third or fourth marriage?.

well i predict we will start meeting people who have decided to change their gender back and forth several times.

"im on my third female, but ive been a male twice"

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Well, google it then!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join