It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Weird and Wacky World of Physics: Time, Time Control and the Government

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

Those must be stars from the future

Thanks OP for the morning coffee read. I still have more to work through, but at the moment I'm giving myself a break and letting you know that I really appreciate the information!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It is unbelievable sometimes the amount of info out there that we can get our hands on.

This era is the greatest in our time I believe.

We are learning so fast and we will see amazing things come to pass in our lifetimes..

Peace

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Source: philosophical-mumble.blogspot.com...

If time was a fourth dimension this would mean that there were duplicates of our 3D spaces where time is a coordinate defining one of them. Which actually makes all those 3D spaces STATIC without movement, just like a frame in a movie.

So what does this make time then? A force which duplicates our 3D space whenever a physical reaction happens? Which means more and more 3D spaces are always created but we only perceive the last one of them?

Or are all those static 3D spaces already there but our consciousness traveling along them?

If one believes in "time" as a fourth dimension feel free to wonder about this (and a fifth dimension could represent alternate timelines by the way). But personally I don't think time should be looked upon as a DIMENSION!

Why? Because I don't think time is a coordinate!
It might help our mind thinking of it as a coordinate, but that doesn't make it so! Time is just a variable defining the speed of physical reactions!

People who believe in "time" are stupid, at least those who believe in backward time travel

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Wow, you put some effort into this. One of the things that has always intrigued me is when they break open stone or coal that seemingly hundreds of thousands, if not millions of years old and find something relatively modern from humans.

...still need some time to read all of this though. Good job.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

That theory creates another problem. There would be an infinite regression of alternate universes for an infinite number of time periods. That means the entire universe would have to exist in its exact state an infinite number of times; infinite duplicates. That kind of occurrence would need to happen by chance. The chance of all duplicated universes acting the same exact way as each other (including the original) is probably so incredibly small that it doesn't even exist to begin with. Time travel just seems impossible. You can't undo what has already happened.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Wow. All I can say is that I read the whole OP and my mind is just blown. Amazing stuff, though some may be considered conjecture, I would speculate that this stuff is a lot more real than any of us realize it is. Or at least these technologies are more advanced than we may realize. That is to say, somewhere, somebody has a working piece of the technology that the OP discussed.

Star and Flag.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I read this thread last night whilst testing out some russian standard vodka
and thought it was absolutely brilliant, now in the cold light of day, it is still absolutely brilliant, well done OP, excellent work.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
You said space and time are two different things, however Michio Kaku has stated that they are ONE. He often refers to space and time as space-time, also how matter and energy are related as well; similarly called matter-energy.

Source: Hyperspace: A Scientific Odyssey Through Parallel Universes, Time Warps, and the 10th Dimension
By, Michio Kaku

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Time, what a beautiful concept. A justification of those events man as of yet, has failed to comprehend.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

The CNN has their precious air time to show this time travel nonsense while the physics of free energy device, principle etc are all thrown in the oblivion. What we really need and can do right now is to get out of the fossil fuel dependency for ever. The local energy conservation law in the theory of electrodynamics has been proven to be false not only in physical expreiment but also in theory. This should be the earth shattering news that deserves serious attention of the world, not the time travel nonsense.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Absolutely incredible thread S+F.

Haven't had the oppotunity to read in any depth yet, but by scanning through I can see a lot of what I have already read on previous occaisions elsewhere on the net, and you definately picked the right stuff to put up

I wonder if there is any update on DR Mallett's time experiment ?

Will definately be sitting down later to read through your thread at length as it promises to be a great comprehensive refresher

By the way adore the tardis pick, I actually had it as my background on my laptop for ages, mmm think i might relapse

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AudioGhost

I mentioned space-time and that in my first part

Here I'm basically trying to show how both affect each other.

reply to post by solargeddon

I love Doctor Who

Urm...I'll have to check....apparently he's still looking for funds :S

reply to post by CalmAsHinduCows

Of course that might not be due to time travel; it actually may be because we're older than we think.
But..still a possibility

And mate, I LOVE your username.
edit on 17-4-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
By far the most interesting post I have ever read on ATS or ANY other website!
I absolutely love this stuff. Everything my science teachers said was not possible, but I KNEW we could, have and are doing!

S&F *100 if I could

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The OP has presented one of the best presentations I have ever seen on the concept of time, and the contributions posted make it even that much better. Excellence!

This thread will be one of those that stands the test of time , and I know it will be cited as one of the best ever in this topic. You. (OP) should consider a lecture circuit for this presentation, it is that good!.

S&F and many thanks.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Fantastic, F&S for sure, I believe if we could get out of the dimension of time we would not only stop
aging but get younger. My theory is we are already in the 4th dimension, because time is a dimension in and of itself.....Hope we make it to the 5th Dimensions... Yeah loved their music. lol

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Amazing thread! S&F!

Bravo!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Time is constant, meaning that its only existence is when the "event" happened. After that, it ceases to exist.

There is no way you can travel into the future or the past because they both don't exist. You can't travel to something that is nonexistent in the universe.
edit on 4/17/2011 by ninjadan9 because: changed opinion

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Great post.

I just thought of something I wanted to share (forgive me if I am completely off base here).

Back to physics and the train -- if you were to measure how long it took to reach the speed of light from a moving train without windows, which is moving at a constant speed, would you not be able to deduce the difference from a stationary lab experiment? (think particle accelerator)

Basically X (speed of train)=
= length of time it takes light to reach light speed using particle accelerator on moving train which is at a constant speed

It's hard for me to explain this in more of a scientific way, so hopefully it makes sense.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
As I said in another thread : for me it is impossible to time travel, not in the past not in the future ..... why ? because you never can recreate the SAME environment /surroundings you did leave when you come back !!!
And for the future how can you create future decorum ??
Think about it : the whole universe is moving : when you leave place A at time A' the sun, the earth and the whole Universe are in a place A at time A' - all the atoms and protons and photons etc are at that place.
Meanwhile all universe is moving, one hour later at time B' sun and earth and moon will be at place B within the galaxy, all atoms ( the car in the street, the planes in the air ) will have moved : now how can you leave at time A' and come back at time B' and find sun/earth/cars/planes etc on the same place again ??? would mean nothing did move meanwhile, only you did move in a flash and come back in a flash ??? impossible !

NOW : what I really think that is possible are parallel universes ! if you for example believe in ghosts or in a afterlife, or in UFO's, then those entities have to live somewhere, yes they live in parallel worlds with different timelines maybe, worlds we normally can not be aware of except in some rare circumstances like the stories tell us ....

So, when you vanish from one parallel universe to the other, well you vanish : just like UFO's do, just like that ship in Philadelphia Experiment, just like NDE's ...... When you come back, you vanish out of that parallel world and reappear in this one.
I am sure, all those stories are just travel into parallel universes we cann't see with our senses !!!
In fact it's all about ENERGY levels, matter is just one level, there are lots of levels !!!

parallel universes easily can explain then entanglement as well in time as in space : subatomic
" particles " can exist on different energy levels so one " particle " ( I do not like that word, because they are all just pure energy " orbs " or entities .... ) can be stretched out in different parallel worlds moving at different timelines in different " spaces " on different energy levels .... look at it like at water : can be a fluid, a invisible vapour, a ice block, all different energy levels, all different states but allways all the same subatomic particles ...
so one particle is in different parallel universes at the same time, stretched out everywhere, entangled with itself in those levels of energy.
We do live in the MOMENT - NOW hic et nunc - everything is MOVING around us in this material world but our spirit/soul is above this timeline : we live through our history like a fish in the water : it is there, forever, but we swim in it and think it is "historical" experience .... I am sure we kind of choose our lives in order to live the experiences we need : so we KNOW what will happen but not consciously and we just think we can interfere to make " free " choices ..... but the choices are decided by ourselves from the begining .......

edit on 17-4-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

Everything has already occurred, meaning my birth and death, as well as yours.

Everything from the big bang, to the far reaches of what the future holds -- all has occurred.

We are constantly changing variables but if you were to go into the 'future' it was already something that had occurred so if you effected anything, it's already changed the future (if you're trying to apply the butterfly effect which I think you are).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join