It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: Manchester City beat United to reach FA Cup Final for first time in 30 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The title pretty much says it all, there is no words to describe how amazing I'm feeling though, being a blue myself.

In a nutshell, United dominated for the first 30 minutes of the game, narrowly missing out twice in the first 15 minutes. For most of the remainder of the half, it was very much a midfield game, with neither side posing much of a threat, before Balotelli unleashed a powerful shot on goal for City from 30 yards, with Van de Sar tipping it over. Following this City seemed to step it up a notch, and dominated the early second half.

Toure opened the scoring on 52 minutes with an impressive goal - taking on Carrick then slipping the ball between Van de Sar's legs. City looked full of confidence and controlled the pace of the game following this, affording United little chances in the second half. Scholes was sent off in the 73rd minute after a vicious, high and late challenge to Zabaletta, putting his studs high into Zabaletta's leg. Following this, City generally held the ball to run down the clock.

Image: BBC Sport

Full text commentary and match report here:
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
not a city or man u fan particularly but a flag for you for your passion and just for the hell of it - well done Man City!!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I personally don't really like football or support a team myself!

But I am always happy to see United lose. So many of there fans are glory supporters it really pisses me off!

Im chilling at ma mates house and three of them support United even though none of them are from Manchester, one is Welsh, one from Stoke, and one from Huddersfield they clearly glory supports even though none of them will admit to it.

What really does my head in though is the fact that they get so upset, they have spoken about 10 words since the match, there all sulking lol

The good thing about not been a big football fan is I dont have it playing on my emotions... Only this website and all the conspiracy theorise do that.

Anyway im glad city won!

Peace

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusthestuntbum

Fair play to them! Always good to see united getting beat

Blackburn Rovers fan myself. Things not looking so good for us!

All the best now for the final. Enjoy the celebrations

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

LOL yes most of them are glory fans. I grew up in United turf though and there are many around there - Newton Heath, Moston etc, proper fans though. One of my mates was at the game, said most of the travelling fans were blues - the rest probably getting there on the tube, or maybe on a flight to Heathrow lol

edit on 16-4-2011 by rufusthestuntbum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cahlmac

I felt the same in '95 when you guys won the league.
I was just buzzing that it wasn't United

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Go City

You win the FA Cup and finish top 4, we get a Europa League spot.

Works for me

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
i am totally ABU (anyone but united)
well done city
i really hope they become the new no.1 team in madchester
i dont think that will happen until 2 things happen...
.....(1) city sack mancini
(2) ferguson retires
being a liverpool fan all me life i cant bring meself to wish a manchester team good luck for the cup final...
... so good luck stoke!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
very nice post

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusthestuntbum

YNWA fan here, but can appreciate the win over U--up against them this weekend...

Just shows you what the money can do for you...

You forgot to thank the sheikh, mate!

top topics

join