It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Move over AZ, here comes GA's new illegal immigration law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
That's right, illegal immigration is not just for the
Feds anymore (or lack of it).

GA is just waiting on the Governor's signature
to put into effect an AZ style illegal immigration
law.

Gov. Nathan Deal of Georgia plans to sign into law what may be one of the nation's toughest anti-illegal immigration measures, his spokesman, Brian Robinson, said Friday.

Unmoved by threats of boycotts and lawsuits, the Republican-dominated Georgia Legislature passed the tough law Thursday night, during the final hours of this year's legislative session. Robinson did not say when the governor would sign the measure.

"The bill reflects well the priorities and principles on which the governor campaigned ... last year," he said. "We believe that it reinforces the law in Georgia."

CNN Link

CNN Video

So how many states have to enact their own laws
before the Feds do their jobs ???

And I also wonder how long it will take for a
federal judge to suspend this state law ???

This is really getting out of hand. This crap
wouldn't happen if the Feds would do their
job. However, they won't, due to UN influence.
The conflict here is really between states
bearing the burden of illegals and the UN
Policy of World Government with no borders.
The US Feds are just the middle man.

edit on 4/16/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/16/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

What I don't understand, is why state's are even doing this. It seems like kids crying out for attention from dad.

There is already a federal immigration law. I often hear "if the federal government would only do it's job".

Do you know how often in my local court I see illegal immigrants (I only assume they are illegal because they speak no english and need an interpreter in court) are there for public intox, or prostitution and are fined for that penalty and released.

Why there, in a city court did their status not get checked and then sent away I'll never understand. I've asked cops here if someone is illegal what do they do, he said that's not his area.

I think someone breaking the law would be your area, if you were a police officer.

Federal Immigration Law Overview
edit on 4/16/2011 by ThaLoccster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
we should be asking anyone who isnt speaking english to show proof of citizenship.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

yes there are fed laws however when a LEO arrests
them for a Fed law, the case has to be tried in a Fed court.
This new law bypasses that law and allows illegal immigration
to be tried in a state court. Thus the Feds do not get involved
in the process. And they hate that
Not being in charge.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gougitousakusha
we should be asking anyone who isnt speaking english to show proof of citizenship.

there are quite a few illegal immigrants who speak
perfect english.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

not saying that should be the only thing making us suspicious, however it would allow me to walk into a mcdonalds without feeling like i traveled 4000 miles and need to learn there language.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
OP You do know that the Obama administration is doing way more deportation than was done in the prior eight years. I live in Georgia - it is governed ignorant rednecks.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gougitousakusha

not saying that should be the only thing making us suspicious, however it would allow me to walk into a mcdonalds without feeling like i traveled 4000 miles and need to learn there language.

You mean like learning the difference between "there" and "their." I hope you carry your birth certificate around.
edit on 16-4-2011 by 4nsicphd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Perhaps the feds [Border Patrol] could do a better job if they were better funded.

It's a very long border. The courts are clogged and many businesses are dependent on slave labor from Mexico and until that changes nothing will change.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 16-4-2011 by whaaa because: code ii

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
kinda old news btw
ive been reading about it all week
haven't seen it on ats tho

yea what we're seeing is the white man's last struggle to maintain superiority, a pretty pathetic one too.

edit: not to bad mouth all white ppl or to offend anyone, peace.
edit on 16-4-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Illegal immigration is a huge problem on many levels. Lately ICE has deported thousands of illegal workers and now every single one of those jobs are filled by a legal citizen as it should be. Don't believe for one minute that they are only taking jobs that citizens won't do. That is a complete lie! Where I used to work, we made well over the minumum wage and had illegals. Of course they didn't make as much as the citizens, but they still were above minumum wage.

The illegals have also driven wages down, work our system and recieve free healthcare and welfare benefits. They steal identities, use false documents to get what they want. Not to mention the thousands of people who have lost their lives because of an illegal who has had previous arrests and deporatations.

We are a Country of laws like any other Country and those laws should be respected. If the feds did their jobs, we wouldn't have so many States having to fight tooth and nail for our laws to be enforced.

new topics

top topics

join